Nov 17, 2009
i'd say rielly stepped up in a massive way, he deserves all the kudos

-signed, dude who always rips on rielly

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
This is Rielly and it's not even close!

I hope all the people that talked shit about Mo remember this series when he has a poor string of games in the future. Always said the Leafs need more players that elevate their games in the playoffs and he's the pinnacle of that on the Leafs.

A lot of people gave up on Rielly after this season. I don't think he's had a single playoff series where he wasn't the Leafs best player (or at least defenseman).

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
There is no round two without Tavares’ goal.

That’s the biggest goal in 20 years, the Matthews era, and the only reason we’re discussing possibilities.

I can see Matthews, but I can also see Tavares. That goal is a dividing line.

Honorable mention at least.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Last 4 games Matthews 5 goals, 13 hits and 9 blocks. This shouldn't even be a topic.

Only runner up no.2 is a debate, not the no.1

Morgan Reilly 3 goals 5 assists +8 over 24 minutes a night with the game 3 OT winner and then game 4 tying goal under 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

Shouldn't even be a topic?? He's the clear #1 of that series.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Not enough eyes on the 200ft game and intangibles if its "not even close" for Rielly imo.

Take out Matthews and we lose in 5.

Rielly is close enough of a runner up that I have no issues with him winning it either.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
i'd say rielly stepped up in a massive way, he deserves all the kudos

-signed, dude who always rips on rielly
Rielly deserved all the heat he got during the regular season

Playing like he has ice in his veins now. Unbelievable turnaround. Hard to vote anyone else given how clutch he's been.

Reactions: Strangle
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
There is no round two without Tavares’ goal.

That’s the biggest goal in 20 years, the Matthews era, and the only reason we’re discussing possibilities.

I can see Matthews, but I can also see Tavares. That goal is a dividing line.

Honorable mention at least.

In that case, Raddysh's skate deserves some MVP votes :sarcasm:

Leafblooded

Jul 27, 2012
T.
I'm going with Matthews with multiple clutch performances and results when it really mattered

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
I'd vote for Sammy. He had some rough patches but if that man doesn't settle down and hold the line at several key points that series doesn't get won. He had to hold the team in overtime for 3 different wins and in each of those overtimes the Leafs got some very dangerous chances.. He screws up even one of those and game 7 is in a few days.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If I ever say one more negative thing about Rielly may god strike me down where I stand. Holy sweet jumping was he a monster this series.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Emotionally, Rielly gets it. Hard to like any other Leaf more than Rielly right now.

Breaking it down technically (correct) , Matthews. There's no other player in the league scoring hitting blocking and playing defence like him.

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Reilly for me. Matthews I was actually expecting to have a decent series. Reilly looked like he'd forgotten how to hockey at times since his injury. He's been a beast in both ends of the rink.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Rielly is my number one choice. Scores clutch goals, played tough and rarely ever made a bad defensive play.

The runner up debate is more interesting because it can either be Matthews/ROR/Sammy.

Reactions: Strangle

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
I think Matthews for taking us back in game 4 and helping it along whenever it was a close game. The amount of puck battles he wins as well is insane, just look at his goal today, the play was all him.

The reason I wouldnt say Rielly is that sometimes he would struggle to move the puck out of our zone for the periods where we were getting smoked. Schenn was quite amazing paired with him.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Going off the board with Luke Schenn actually. I obviously don't think he's MvP, but what a breath of fresh air getting box outs for once instead of puck fishing.
Watching him and Mccabe push guys like Perry and Maroon out of the crease and stare them down with sly smiles was a breath of fresh air. Usually the opposition is the ones staring our D down in our crease with "what are you gonna do about it smiles"

Reactions: Havoc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad