• Ryan O'Rielly

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Round 1 is officially in the books and I don't even know what to do with my hands right now. So I drew up a hastily put together poll since I've had so much fun with you all throughout round 1. So before we head on to round 2 let's take a second to really breathe it in and enjoy this first round chain breaker. Let's also appreciate our MV Leaf!

Edit - please do not hesitate to trash talk my poll options if you choose other and think I missed someone. Also spelled ROR's name incorrectly in my excitement. And, I'd like to take a second to show some respect for the Bolts. I HATED playing against them, but respect is due. Go Leafs Go

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Rielly for me.

Think that answer is easy. One of, if not the best, player on our team in each and every game. Rarely made mistakes. Carried us like a true #1 and came up clutch in key moments.

Marner and Matthews went quiet in between their loud moments. Rielly did not.

And I think it is fairly telling that there was only one guy getting booed whenever he touched the puck and he did nothing dirty to the other team besides end their series.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Matthews or Rielly... I went with Matthews since he came up huge in a couple of games, but Rielly was more consistent, which is impressive since I think he is considered a #3 by a few people.

Reactions: authentic

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Rielly easily.

He controlled the pace of the game every time out there and made good decisions with the puck.

His elite skating and speed really plays up in the playoffs where the speed and intensity get ramped up.

That paring of him and Schenn were an absolute force all series.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Rielly was great game 1-6. Not sure if theres much of an argument for anyone else.

Shoutouts to RoR, Auston, Marner, Sammy, and Nylander who without their contributions at different times we wouldn't be here. I'll mention Tavares solely for the series clinching goal and Schenn for being surprisingly fantastic.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Going off the board with Luke Schenn actually. I obviously don't think he's MvP, but what a breath of fresh air getting box outs for once instead of puck fishing.
I'm glad to see the Schenn shout-out. Realistically I don't think there's any argument he was the MVP, but he played so well I put him on the list as basically an honorable mention

Reactions: studebaker17

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
This is tough. O'Reilly, Reilly, Matthews stick out to me as the bolt killers for the series as a whole.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
IT's really, really close to be honest . . . my top 3 are Rielly, Matthews and Marner, but in the end . . . to be very specific to our own team in terms of who we NEEDED to be playing their A+ game . . . it's easy at that point. Rielly.
second assist even on the OT goal that won it, but he really pushed the play positively so many times all game and series. Important goals as well.

I saw a slightly different Matty tonight too, and although I'm not his biggest fan, he really made a statement tonight in a real key game. I'd love for him to totally change my opinion next series.

I love Marner and I think he's our absolute most important player . . . but giving it to Rielly.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Honestly its between Matthews and Rielly. Rielly had some big goals but there were muffins from the point.

Matthews had 5 goals and 9 points. Brought us back in Game 4 comeback of the decade and then massive goal tonight and also brought us close last game.

Reactions: Duffman955

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad