Pre-Game Talk: Round 1 : Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHLcrazy

Feb 28, 2002
Montreal
Bishop will be there for game #1. Pretty sure of that.

Tuff series. Thank god St-Louis and Lecavalier are not there.

Habs in 6 games

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Seriously, if Bishop is out there is no excuse for the Habs to lose. None.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
$144 in TB for centre ice tickets 8 rows from the ice. Airfare is around $600 if I can find something cheaper I might just fly out and take a game in.

No Excuses for Habs this time.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Seriously, if Bishop is out there is no excuse for the Habs to lose. None.

With or without Bishop, we have no excuses to lose. I'm not taking the Lightning lightly, they have some very good players that can drag this all the way to the end. However, with the team we have, if we cannot find a way to beat them in 7 games or less, then some people need to go. I think this can very well go to 7 with all of them 1 goal difference games. Still, we shouldn't have any excuses for losing.

Habs in 7. I think Bishop will play at some point.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Therrien finally found a winning recipe in terms of lines. He had finally put Gio on the 3rd line where he's looked great. With Galchenyuk hurt, I really hope Therrien doesn't randomize the lines again. Replace Chucky with Bournival and leave Gio with Eller on the 3rd.

Aside from that, I have a good feeling about these playoffs.

Habs in 6

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
Is there anything official about Bishop's return?

With Bishop in their lineup I can't say that I'm all that confident. They can play us really well, but a big portion of their roster barely experienced playoffs hockey, if ever.

Could go in 7 either way.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Remember when we lost to Tampa last game? Everyone was all ready to give up. What's changed since then?

Habs in 6

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This is going to be a HUGE series for Carey Price. He must win it or else people will label him as playoff choker.

Winning the series would mean the team has taken the next step. Losing it would be bad.

Halifaxhab*

This series is going to 6. I hope Galch is back for it, and it should be a good one.

For Price's sake, I want him to win this series. And shut those damn Sens and leaf fans up

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I'm confident the Habs are going to win, especially with Bishop out. In 5 or 6 with Bishop out but if he returns it might go to 7. Hopefully he makes no ''heroic-lets-get-momentum-at-home!!'' comeback after game two...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The big question concerning Tampa Bay is are they resting Ben Bishop or is he injured? If injured Anders Lindback would be their goalie, unless he gets bombed, then Yzerman could bring Andrei Vasilevsky over. Remember him, quite possibly better than Varlamov or any Russian goalie since Tretiak.

I'm not saying he's as good as Roy, but some goalies thrown into the NHL playoffs, raw and unproven are unshaken by the events, and stand on their heads stopping every puck that comes their way. Hopefully Therrien has the team completely concerned with their play, not what games the TBL will throw at them. Good playoff teams know that if they play their game to a t and dot their i's, ultimately victory is theirs, no matter what the competition or the circumstances.:nod:

TBL have won two Stanley Cups in this century, the Habs have zero and are playing against a team that has been there before. Underdogs in the true sense, the Habs have Carey Price the Olympic 1st string goalie, unproven in the NHL playoffs. Last year's Norris Trophy winner, as a rookie under fire excelled in the playoffs. Capt. Gionta has been on Stanley Cup winners, he will be looked to for leadership against the Stamkos led TBL.

This SC playoff year, players like Plekanec, Markov, Pacioretty and Desharnais will come to play, all healthy and with a chance to bury the past. The new Montreal Canadiens, Bergevin & Therrien's team the "No Excuses" lunch-bucket brigade without superstars, launch their first assault on the SC. After finishing last in the East a mere two seasons ago, losing to Ottawa with a team decimated by key injuries, last year, are prepared to serve notice that was all in the past.

The Habs are playing for Canada and Montreal, our only representative playing for the title of Best in the World, Stanley Cup Champions, one period at a time, one game, one series, see you at the end of the war, Go Habs Go!:handclap::handclap::handclap:

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I don't make playoff predictions, but return or not, Bishop will be nowhere near 100%. His play fell off once he started battling his wrist injury. I suspect it will fall off even more now that he's fighting a wrist and elbow/arm injury. Habs cant rely on this though. They have to go balls to the wall every game.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
We just have to shut down Stamkos as much as possible, the rest will take care of itself.

In a 7 games series against a team with some 'concentrated' firepower, Subban can and should play a shutdown role. He's done that many times in the past. Unfortunately, our coach doesn't see it that way.

Expect to see some Bouillon or Weaver out there against the Stamkos line.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I don't like making predictions, but I like our chances with Bishop out. Lightning fans don't trust Lindback, and that's a good sign. I don't think he starts the series but he will play at some point, meaning that he won't be 100%.

I know everybody focuses on shutting down Stamkos, but they've got a supporting cast to step up if that happens. They've already proved that this year when he went down. They don't/won't give us much, so we gotta bury when we get chances.

No excuses, let's go red, respect and character. Go Habs go.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
$144 in TB for centre ice tickets 8 rows from the ice. Airfare is around $600 if I can find something cheaper I might just fly out and take a game in.

No Excuses for Habs this time.

you are selling^^?

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
The teams are pretty equal really. This should be a good series.

Forwards - even

Defense - Habs (slight)

Goalies - Draw (can Price win in the postseason?)

Coach - Habs (this is our biggest advantage I think)

Habs in 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad