Series Discussion: Round 1: Jets vs Blues

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Time to play some aggressive desperate hard hitting hockey.

SingleFittingBoto-size_restricted.gif

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
You could be right about that. However, should the Jets and Predators happen to meet in the next round (if both teams win their respective opening round series), I wonder if the fans in Nashville will greet the Jets with a chorus of "First in Central, First in Central..."

:jets

Pred Banners Bad Luck just to them...

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
With Morrissey coming back, does Beaulieu get bumped? Do we want Tanev back if his hand is buggered up, or rest him until next series (hopeful thinking... hopeful thinking...)

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
The Blues were my pick for preferred 1st round match up -

I think we match up well and I wouldn't want to be the team that has to reply on a young goalie saddled with a ton of pressure.

Blues are nervous and rightfully so

Jets in 6

Reactions: Georgetown Al

DuckyChuck

May 6, 2015
It's interesting to see how the perceptions of the Jets have changed from playoff to playoff.

The first year of Jets playoffs, they snuck in as an 8 seed and a lot of pundits and fans had picked the Jets as a dark horse to go to the conference or even Stanley cup finals. I remember watching TSN and Sportsnet preview shows and more than 1/2 the panels picked the Jets to go deep. And it made sense, they were a team built for the playoffs. In hindsight, it wasn't the best pick, but they did have the lead in every game and only trailed for like 30 min over the course of the series. The fans were stoked, we all believed.

Last year, I think the consensus was; they would be fighting for a playoff spot again. But they blew us out of the water by putting together the best season in franchise history and ended up running into a hot goalie in the conference finals. The fans were stoked, we all believed they could do it.

This year we expected them to finish top 1-3 in the division and be a serious contender. They have finished about where we expected them too, albeit, they didn't win as many games and didn't show the consistent domination that we think all Stanley Cup Champions show or even carry the play as well as they did last year. The last couple of months have been rough and there are many reasons for it, which have been dissected to death. This year the fans are meh, and we are all doubting whether or not they can get through the first round or two.

The playoffs are a completely different animal. The play is tighter, the refs forget their whistles at the in-laws and the team that wants it most can steal a series from a heavily favourited team. We shouldn't forget that the Jets are still a really good hockey team, recency bias, be dammed, when this team wants to show up, they f***ing show up.

The previous month has been tough to watch, but I'm confident that once the Jets hit the ice for game one, and the whiteout is in full effect inside and out of the arena the team will hit another gear. I am a firm believer that as soon as the playoffs start, the regular season doesn't matter. Hit the reset, the real season is starting.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
win a round, get momentum, and the sky is the limit.

My take exactly. Game 1 is always huge. But it is massive for us getting confidence versus dropping an opener at home. If we take game 1 i will have all the confidence we can take them. Its going to be a nasty series. Both teams can play physical, both teams have depth and some top end talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad