GDT: Round 1 Game 4 || Tampa Bay @ Columbus || Elimination Game

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I was out and about doing errands like a good retired person this morning. Everywhere I went there were people sporting CBJ gear. What a difference from past years. People wanted to chat me up about the team too, lol. Best convo of the morning was at Kroger. One of the workers asked me if I heard the news that Bob might not be back. He was gobsmacked having just heard that little tidbit over the weekend, haha....

Just keep the ship steady, boys. Play your game, let's not get goaded into anything on ice.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Prospect Liam Foudy and the London Knights playing a Game 7 tonight. A series where they won the first three and lost the last three.

We need to play this game as if its a Game 7!

Reactions: TaketheCannoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I just wanna tell Twitter (and Facebook, and social media, and the whole internet, really, and people in general, not even just online) to shut up. Stop talking about this game and the Jackets and the NHL playoffs and shut up.

Yep. That broom tweet.
11aea477326b76ac2b85c556bdb7daaf_w200.gif

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just hope the Jackets stick to the playbook: heavy forecheck, move the puck out of the d zone quickly with short quick passes, control the neutral zone and funnel the Bolts to the outside. Stay with the process until they break the Lightning down.
I think they were getting tired in the 3rd and took their foot off the pedal for a few minutes to let them back in the game. I believe some players indicated they felt like they let off the gas in post game. That should be enough of a wake up call to now do that tonight.

Reactions: CPTN71

pled

Sep 7, 2009
He didn't skate Sunday either but gave it a go in pregame.Maybe he's another game time decision.
yeah I know but he was saying that the instagram intern put him in the lineup and I'm pretty sure that's an error. even torts said no change as of right now.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I went to my first CBJ game when I was 5, in early 2001. That spawned a love of a sport for 20 years, both playing and following the CBJ extensively. When I was a little kid, I knew everything about the team and their prospects, and stats, from reading the media guides. I loved those things as a kid, and it eventually grew into me posting here... Many have had similar experiences to me I know, going through all the ups and downs of the franchise, so kudos to those who have been fans from the start. One of the days we've been waiting for is finally here: Playing a playoff elimination game where we aren't the ones potentially being eliminated. Closing this out at home would be an absolutely unreal experience to attend, and I'm jealous of those who can. It'll be tough, but I'm sure the players want to close this out in front of the CBJ home crowd.

If we win tonight, I might cry, as this is one of the few things I've been waiting to experience for over 75% of my life. I'm happy for all of us, and especially those who have been around since the beginning. Some of you have been posting here ever since I joined, and I'm happy we'll all get to experience this (hopefully a win) together tonight.

Go Jackets!
only been with the jackets since Nash draft so I'm still a newcomer compared to you haha but how you, me and everyone here has been waiting for this make it feel so god damn good. I hope everybody has a good damn time tonight.

Also listening to Jonesy ingame mic is cool give it a go guys. his confidence, calm and in game leadership is amazing. I hope he stay in Columbus forever honestly.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Sucks to have no Nuti, our D depth was really tested in the 3rd period last game and barely held up.

Not too optimistic about us closing it out, but regardless of the result I want to see the boys playing like unfeeling Terminators... if they lose no big deal, if they win they will forever haunt this Bolts lineup.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
hi. i'm optimistic that we will get the job done tonight.

I said in the series prediction thread that we'd win in 6 games, I will happily admit I'm wrong when the clock hits 9:40 (ish) and we get the W.

sincerely,

Palm Tree

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Sucks to have no Nuti, our D depth was really tested in the 3rd period last game and barely held up.

Not too optimistic about us closing it out, but regardless of the result I want to see the boys playing like unfeeling Terminators... if they lose no big deal, if they win they will forever haunt this Bolts lineup.

Yeah, I'm not either. We're really riding Jones, Werenski, and Savard and I just think we're going to see a different Tampa team tonight. Quite frankly, blowing a 3-0 series lead is petrifying to me. I hope they can get it done tonight and ease my worries.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad