GDT: Round 1 Game 4 || Tampa Bay @ Columbus || Elimination Game

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Got a bunch of notifications from this thread. Figured I'd say hi. Glad you all enjoyed what sounded like a pretty exciting series. I randomly grabbed my Tyler Wright hat as I headed out on vacation in Virginia and ended up getting a lot of high 5's from Caps fans

Hope you're doing well Skraut. Growing up I was the one who brought hockey into the household, I was the first to show interest and asked my Dad to take me to a game. He did, and now he's a huge fan as well. Other than watching the CBJ games themselves, the thing that helped fuel my love for this team was your videos. Each new one got me hyped up and ready for the season, especially the year we made the playoffs the first time, and after the Jeff Carter/Wisniewski deals (yikes). Either way, I'm now 24 and a huge hockey fan, and your videos are a massive reason for that. So thank you Skraut.

Reactions: Skraut

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Sometime last playoffs I realized Forslund is the best commentator NBC has. I love Doc, but Forslund's calls are sublime. Love tuning in to games he calls.
He has so many goodies this series.
"Columbus has claimed that mountain and now they at the top."
"Nash should say - I was in Boston."
"Bullseye."
"Texier- that's all."
"Ducheeeene - In."
"Pillar of strength."
"Just listen. "

And, this intro! :bow:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
He has so many goodies this series.
"Columbus has claimed that mountain and now they at the top."
"Nash should say - I was in Boston."
"Bullseye."
"Texier- that's all."
"Ducheeeene - In."
"Pillar of strength."
"Just listen. "

And, this intro! :bow:

I like him, too. He's become my second favorite NBC PBP man - I still like Doc the best. Both have great phrases with Forsland more traditional and Doc more story-telling style......What will likely discredit any of this with fellow posters is me saying that I happen to enjoy Pierre, too. :D

Reactions: Viqsi

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I like him, too. He's become my second favorite NBC PBP man - I still like Doc the best. Both have great phrases with Forsland more traditional and Doc more story-telling style......What will likely discredit any of this with fellow posters is me saying that I happen to enjoy Pierre, too. :D
Voice is important. :) Also Doc doesn't bother to learn about players aside from obvious big fishes. Forslund voice>>>Doc timbre. :) My second favorite is Razor(he's really NC-17 sometimes though) and third is Ferraro.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Voice is important. :) Also Doc doesn't bother to learn about players aside from obvious big fishes. Forslund voice>>>Doc timbre. :) My second favorite is Razor(he's really NC-17 sometimes though) and third is Ferraro.
Actually I might be the best from back when I was a kid. You should have heard me announcing the game when we played the old Hockey Night in Canada game with the spinning players controlled by each "real player". I was always the Habs (vs Leafs) with my Beliveau, Cournoyer, Lemaire, Tremblay et al guys being glorified by my calls. :laugh: :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Actually I might be the best from back when I was a kid. You should have heard me announcing the game when we played the old Hockey Night in Canada game with the spinning players controlled by each "real player". I was always the Habs (vs Leafs) with my Beliveau, Cournoyer, Lemaire, Tremblay et al guys being glorified by my calls. :laugh: :laugh:

Haha. A friend and I did a full Habs season on his backyard rink, keeping scores and stats in a wire bound notebook. Whoever was the skater got to do the play-by-play. I was almost certainly going to have Steve Shutt score the big goals. Although my mask was stitches like Gerry Cheever.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Haha. A friend and I did a full Habs season on his backyard rink, keeping scores and stats in a wire bound notebook. Whoever was the skater got to do the play-by-play. I was almost certainly going to have Steve Shutt score the big goals. Although my mask was stitches like Gerry Cheever.
Cheever’s mask with stitches is the greatest mask of all-time. :nod:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Doc has the timbre of frayed rebar.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Hope you're doing well Skraut. Growing up I was the one who brought hockey into the household, I was the first to show interest and asked my Dad to take me to a game. He did, and now he's a huge fan as well. Other than watching the CBJ games themselves, the thing that helped fuel my love for this team was your videos. Each new one got me hyped up and ready for the season, especially the year we made the playoffs the first time, and after the Jeff Carter/Wisniewski deals (yikes). Either way, I'm now 24 and a huge hockey fan, and your videos are a massive reason for that. So thank you Skraut.

Thanks for the kind words. Wish I still had time to make more videos, or even time to see more than a few games a season, but such is life. Has been nice to still see lots of familiar names in this and other threads. When I heard about the series, I was most happy for everyone here, that you all got a chance to enjoy it.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
If you should ever call the Jacques Lemaire game 7, 1971 Cup Finals fog goal in my presence, it will be your last call.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
If you should ever call the Jacques Lemaire game 7, 1971 Cup Finals fog goal in my presence, it will be your last call.
.......wouldn't do that. Rather how about the two by the Pocket Rocket to cap off the game and the Cup? :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Thanks for the kind words. Wish I still had time to make more videos, or even time to see more than a few games a season, but such is life. Has been nice to still see lots of familiar names in this and other threads. When I heard about the series, I was most happy for everyone here, that you all got a chance to enjoy it.

The point of those notifications was in hopes you were, too. Peace.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad