GDT: Round 1, Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Colorado Avalanche | April 18th, 8PM MT - We'll do it again

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I will say this before I go off to bed... my one regret is not enjoying the season more and being there/here more. More concerned at the thought of missing out Dahlin finishing 9/10 in the standings then just taking pride in my team winning and playing good hockey. I just figured they'd come back down to earth at some point and this will all be for not. Bitching at missing out on Dahlin, when I should've been paying attention to the seasons Mack,Ranta,Girard and the rest had. It is I who failed them.

Reactions: Pokecheque and cgf

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
All the talk about Hartman's hit on Soda, but wonder if the league looks at Zads hit on Fiala, and Ghetto spearing Hartman in the junk. Should look at Rinne's stick to Kerfoot's head too.

The only one of those that was iffy was the hit on Soda, but since he came back nothing will probably come of it. Z hit Fiala straight on in the chest with his arm tucked. He's just taller, and Fiala was hunched over. I'm pretty sure Ghetto's stick between the legs was an accident. If you watch the replay he wasn't even looking. He seemed like he was trying to lift his stick, and Hartman moved his stick forward at the very last second. The stick to the face of Kerfoot from Rinne should have been a penalty (he did it twice in this game, and did it in one of the other games as well) but it's not suspension worthy either IMO.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The only one of those that was iffy was the hit on Soda, but since he came back nothing will probably come of it. Z hit Fiala straight on in the chest with his arm tucked. He's just taller, and Fiala was hunched over. I'm pretty sure Ghetto's stick between the legs was an accident. If you watch the replay he wasn't even looking. He seemed like he was trying to lift his stick, and Hartman moved his stick forward at the very last second. The stick to the face of Kerfoot from Rinne should have been a penalty (he did it twice in this game, and did it in one of the other games as well) but it's not suspension worthy either IMO.
I think we will see something from the Hartman hit but I agree everything else wont get any suspensions. Really not sure how anyone can say the hit Landy put on RyJo is suspendable. Seriously dumb. Same with the Z hit. Its not his fault mother nature made him that big. Z didnt target shit it was a textbook bodycheck as you can get.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Looking forward to Friday when Hammond starts his journey to become Playoff MVP. What a story that would be?

We left it all on the ice, fought for every inch and almost, ALMOST came back after being down by 3 against the best team in the NHL.

That.Was.Awesome.

Kudos to coaches and players for making this season a special one.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Well my roommate and I's winning streak officially came to an end :( but man that 3rd period was something else, so proud of the boys for making it a game fighting hard. They've done nothing but exceed my expectations so far, hopefully we can sneak out a win on Friday and get one more game at the can.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think we will see something from the Hartman hit but I agree everything else wont get any suspensions. Really not sure how anyone can say the hit Landy put on RyJo is suspendable. Seriously dumb. Same with the Z hit. Its not his fault mother nature made him that big. Z didnt target **** it was a textbook bodycheck as you can get.

RyJo looked to me like he dove to buy a penalty on the hook. If he stayed on his feet he'd have taken Landy's hit in the shoulder. If he did dive, that would be some well deserved karma for all the embellishment the Preds have been employing.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ah well, not a great game but I'm glad I didn't walk away after they went up 3-0. Had to turn it off for a couple minutes but then thought, wait, I've waited 4 years for this. And who knows...it could be another four years (or even longer!) before I see this kind of hockey again. So I turned it back on. Hey, they made a game of it and put yet another scare in the Preds, so there's that.

Gonna be some kind of miracle if the Avs keep the series alive in Music City on Friday, especially if they're now down to the Hamburglar in nets (Bernier was more than good enough to start but still let in at least another bad one), and with the entire right side of the power play not on their game (both Rants and Barrie were admittedly really, really bad tonight). I don't see it happening, but I said early on, if they make this a five-game series I'll be happy.

Reactions: DanishAvsfan

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
Can we not do this? If rantanen indeed has some sort of hand wrap/brace then that’s one thing but Barrie? Everytime a player is playing like **** we can’t just assume they have an injury. Sometimes players just don’t play well.

That is true, but there’s some smoke there with RyJo’s hit and his shying away from contact.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
That 5-on-3 right out of the gate seemed to put us on our heels even after killing it. Preds played hard and we didn't have the tools to keep pace until the third.

Still a fun game to go to. Reffing has been questionable all series and with all these injuries that just keep on piling up... but we're still keeping the games competitive? I'm happy as hell.

Probably won't have much of a voice tomorrow.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I mean, when I critizise our players it does not mean that I'm not proud of them. I'm very proud. I was pretty sure Avs are second last in the regular season, beating only Vegas (lol).

It's just I've gotten greedy. With some guys healthy or playing just a little better we could really upset Predators. And as a fan I want to see this team win and because we're doing so well and being so close I'm frustrated if we get only so close.

But like I said, I'm VERY proud of what they've done after last season. I just want more because we're so close in every game.

Reactions: BrickAHL

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Weak defensive play by Siemens on Forsberg's first goal. :-(

Not saying it's easy stopping Forsberg with full speed but it looked bad.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Am I the only one who still wonder why Alt isn't playing ? I thought he did very well since coming to the Avs, very efficient and yet they play Siemens and Warsofsky. Did I miss something about Alt ? :huh:

Reactions: McMetal

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Am I the only one who still wonder why Alt isn't playing ? I thought he did very well since coming to the Avs, very efficient and yet they play Siemens and Warsofsky. Did I miss something about Alt ? :huh:

I don't know about Alt but as bad as Lindholm has looked at times this year, it's nowhere near as close to as bad as Warsofsky's looked in this series. I guess I don't get why Bednar keeps him in the lineup...maybe it's because he prefers a 27 year old rather than a 23 year old but that's definitely not the right call.

I thought Siemens was fine apart from the breakaway goal...and yes, he should have hauled him down and he knows it.

The 2nd goal was 100% on Barrie...trying to make a cute play instead of the safe play off the boards/glass and out.

I thought the team battled very hard and I loved the fact that they finally had enough and decided to give nashville some of their own medicine.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What an effort the guys put up in that third period. They had every reason to just bow out and lose this one easily. But we were a crossbar or an uber close post from taking that to OT. Proud of them. With all the injuries we shouldn't even be making this a series... but we are. Go take one in Nashville so the fans get one more home game and I'll be completely satisfied for the season.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Does anyone else think if the Avs had a player like Ryan Reaves, this series would be a little less chippy? Maybe not from smaller guys like Subban who would never be in a position to have to fight Reaves, but I wonder how tough a guy like Austin Watson would feel if Reaves was telling him they’re going to fight every time they’re on the ice. I think he would at least make more of an impact than a guy like Colin Wilson has.

This isn’t me saying the team played scared. The Avs are a small team, but have played with a lot of heart and fearlessness. In terms of the roster going forward, having a heavy guy who can fight would be welcomed by me.

Or the Avs should have just picked Watson instead of Hishon, like LoneWolfe always wanted.

On another note, Zadorov this series: 21:45 TOI/game, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, +4, 16 PIMs.

Last edited:

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
It's been a really fun series. I give credit to the guys for showing up for every game of this series and playing their hearts out.

I think Bednar has to deserve some credit here, too. If he is going to take the heat last year he at least deserves credit . I am really looking forward to more years with him.

About Barrie - unless he has a shoulder injury or something and after checking my emotions of last night at the door..... I really don't think we should pay him the money he is going to ask for. Obviously an offensive dynamo, but you can't have people playing scared out there this time of year. He is starting to move into the Duchene category for me of players that are really talented but that I don't want on my team. Girard has more gumption in his little finger that Barrie has in his whole body. I think if we can make a hockey trade to fix some holes we should do it. Nothing personal, I would just rather spend the money somewhere else.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Does anyone else think if the Avs had a player like Ryan Reaves, this series would be a little less chippy? Maybe not from smaller guys like Subban who would never be in a position to have to fight Reaves, but I wonder how tough a guy like Austin Watson would feel if Reaves was telling him they’re going to fight every time they’re on the ice. I think he would at least make more of an impact than a guy like Colin Wilson has.

This isn’t me saying the team played scared. The Avs are a small team, but have played with a lot of heart and fearlessness. In terms of the roster going forward, having a heavy guy who can fight would be welcomed by me.

Or the Avs should have just picked Watson instead of Hishon, like LoneWolfe always wanted.

On another note, Zadorov this series: 21:45 TOI/game, 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points, +4, 16 PIMs.

No, the only difference that would have made in the series is that the fourth line would go from effective and scoring goals to ineffective and getting scored upon.

Austin Watson would just laugh as he blew by Reaves and fire another high wrister past Bernier. No one would be "deterred," in fact the games would just be chippier and the Avs would be killing more penalties.

I can't believe you honestly think Colin Wilson hasn't had an impact in this series. He had virtually no impact on the regular season, but that absolutely isn't the case here and now. He wants to beat these guys probably more than anyone. If one was to point fingers at any players on the Avs roster, Wilson would be waaaaaaaay down the list right now.

The myth of goons as a "deterrent" for further violence is one that should have died a slow, agonizing death at least a decade ago.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No, the only difference that would have made in the series is that the fourth line would go from effective and scoring goals to ineffective and getting scored upon.

Austin Watson would just laugh as he blew by Reaves and fire another high wrister past Bernier. No one would be "deterred," in fact the games would just be chippier and the Avs would be killing more penalties.

I can't believe you honestly think Colin Wilson hasn't had an impact in this series. He had virtually no impact on the regular season, but that absolutely isn't the case here and now. He wants to beat these guys probably more than anyone. If one was to point fingers at any players on the Avs roster, Wilson would be waaaaaaaay down the list right now.

The myth of goons as a "deterrent" for further violence is one that should have died a slow, agonizing death at least a decade ago.

Preach!

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad