GDT: Round 1 Game 2: Toronto at Bridgeport 5PM LeafsTV TSN 1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
The constant misuse of the word "sound" is driving me nuts.

"Sound" is part of the name of the town. A "Sound" is a body of water (think Parry Sound, home of Bobby Orr).

Sound Tigers do not exist.

Bridgeport is located on the water across from Long Island. The tidal estuary between them is called Long Island Sound. That's where I assume the name comes from. Sound has nothing to do with the name of a town.

Sound is taken from Long Island Sound and Tiger is an homage to P.T Barnum of the circus fame. He was born in Bridgeport.

I know way too much about Bridgeport.

Last edited:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
The constant misuse of the word "sound" is driving me nuts.

"Sound" is part of the name of the town. A "Sound" is a body of water (think Parry Sound, home of Bobby Orr).

Sound Tigers do not exist.

It doesn't appear to be, according to the city's website. The city is always referred to as Bridgeport, not "Bridgeport Sound." It's not the same as with Parry Sound.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Kapanen is looking good today, nice net drive there to draw the penalty.

Leaf of the Mind

BABS WAS BOB
Feb 6, 2015
Maybe they put the "Sound" in there to avoid conflict with Detroit, or LSU, Medicine Hat etc. who are all much older franchises.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Whoever said they needed the time and the score on the screen yesterday, doesn't have to crop videos.. LOL!
This looks like a circus. today.. Way too much, on the screen,,

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Bridgeport is located on the water across from Long Island. The tidal estuary between them is called Long Island Sound. That's where I assume the name comes from. Sound has nothing to do with the name of a town.

Sound is taken from Long Island Sound and Tiger is an homage to P.T Barnum of the circus fame. He was born in Bridgeport.

I know way too much about Bridgeport.

And I thought I had a fair amount of us less knowledge! :handclap:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Sparks having difficult times with handling the puck. I have heard that before, worse I have seen that before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad