Draft Round 1 #23: New York Rangers Select RW Gabriel Perreault (Boston College, NCAA)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Gabe going to the net making that happen but Smith gets the credit with another goal.
Perreault does get an assist

Reactions: pld459666

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fortescue has been so incredibly solid on defense all game. He plays such a flawless game and is physical. I wish they put the time on ice somewhere because it feels like he is out there every other shift and could easily have 25-27 minutes. Pretty unheard of for a rookie defenseman.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Btw congrats to Gabe for hitting 60 points tonight!!!! 60 points in 35 games.

Announcers were gushing when Leonard hit 60 points earlier in the night, but were silent when Gabe did it in 5 less games, go figure. He would be right there with Smith as the point leader in the NCAA if he didn’t get injured for those 5 games, shame.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Btw congrats to Gabe for hitting 60 points tonight!!!! 60 points in 35 games.

Announcers were gushing when Leonard hit 60 points earlier in the night, but were silent when Gabe did it in 5 less games, go figure. He would be right there with Smith as the point leader in the NCAA if he didn’t get injured for those 5 games, shame.

More like 6 games, since he got kicked out early in one of them. ;)

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Fortescue has been so incredibly solid on defense all game. He plays such a flawless game and is physical. I wish they put the time on ice somewhere because it feels like he is out there every other shift and could easily have 25-27 minutes. Pretty unheard of for a rookie defenseman.
He's such a smooth skater and is more physical than what I was expecting. Just a smart player that is positionally sound, nothing flashy, but very efficient!

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
All three of them are different kinds of players but they're all great prospects. Gabriel is more of a catalyst type of player---like Fox or Panarin. His game is subtle and predicated on his hockey IQ. That said Smith seems to have a bit of catalyst in him too along with a ton of speed and Leonard bulls his way around the ice and is a great finisher.

Reactions: JCProdigy

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
I just came looking to see if anyone posted about Fortsecue. Loved what I saw from Gabe but did not expect to see this from Drew. For a true Freshman defenseman to be a top 4 defenseman on the #1 team in the country is very rare. I see a more physical Ryan McDonagh! Its still early and a lot can happen but looking like Drury killed it getting these two last year!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad