Draft Round 1 #23: New York Rangers Select RW Gabriel Perreault (Boston College, NCAA)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How far away from the NHL can he be?? Is he going back to college next year? Hartford? Rangers? Could he play in the preseason?
I think he plays another year at BC, but what Leonard and Smith do could affect his decision.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This is the part that’s mind blowing to me. Like, 10 guys are better than him? Seriously?

I’m not as familiar with Hobey Baker voting but there was some guys with pretty mediocre stat lines that finished ahead.

I wonder if they try to even it out by division.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Didn’t even finish top 10 in voting from what I saw. Just wild.
The injury screwed him. He would be leading the NCAA in points at the end of the season if he didnt miss those weeks.

I’m not as familiar with Hobey Baker voting but there was some guys with pretty mediocre stat lines that finished ahead.

I wonder if they try to even it out by division.
It’s fan voting. There was a poll on here that i posted a few times. After the top 10 fan votes, i think it’s voted on by the league/media. (I could be wrong)

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
We’re screwed. I can’t get excited about prospects. I learned my lesson with Jamie Lundmark when I was trying to will the Rangers out of their late 90s/early 00s funk

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
i doubt he spends a day in hartford. he definitely needs another year at bc - possibly 2 but i doubt it. he'll be nhl ready when he leaves though. he's not a guy who would gain anything playing the ahl style of hockey...when he's pro ready he's nhl ready.
Interesting thought. Do certain players simply not need the ahl step? Like, maybe players characterized as top six players. I don’t have an opinion. Just an interesting thought. Maybe the ahl is where you send your middle and bottom six guys. But not the pure skill guys. I think the answer is, it’s different for every prospect. But worth thinking about.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
i doubt he spends a day in hartford. he definitely needs another year at bc - possibly 2 but i doubt it. he'll be nhl ready when he leaves though. he's not a guy who would gain anything playing the ahl style of hockey...when he's pro ready he's nhl ready.

Maybe straight into our top 6 if there's any kind of hole. His hockey brain and stick skills have got to be pretty much on the same level as Fox and Panarin. He skates closer to Fox but even so Adam might not be super speedy but he shows defenders up constantly with what he has. Perreault has just been a point producing machine for BC as a freshman. I really think his line mates Smith and Leonard have had great seasons too but Gabriel strikes me as the stick that stirs the drink for that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad