cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Comeau - Duchene - Rantanen
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay
Grigorenko - Soderberg - Iginla
McLeod - Mitchell - Skille

I'd love that. Put Gormley in next to Barrie and let Zads play on the third pairing with not-Guenin and that'd be exactly the lineup I wanted to see early in the year if MacK was back at C.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Last night I figured Iginla-Söderberg-Tanguay would be worth a shot. All of them have been very quiet in ES and it would allow us to use a Comeau-Duchene-Rantanen line that could possibly be useful.

Ideally they'd recall Everberg and have him with Landeskog and MacKinnon but Grekorako would be fine.

i agree, soderberg isn't above average in other areas except cycling the puck in offensive zone. he and eriksson had very good chemistry and spent a lot of shifts just in the offensive zone controlling the puck. now, soderberg line isn't getting any sustained pressure there. of course, none of those guys on that line are good puck carriers so preferably someone like barrie would be on the ice with them a lot to do it for them.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How was that a bad signing?

Duchene needs to simplify his game first and foremost.

He doesn't have chemistry with Duchene and it should've been obvious to anyone but they signed him solely for Matt.

He needs to start using his speed...seems like ages ago when he would just blow by defenders.

FALAPARK17

Colorado Avalanche
Jul 10, 2015
Winnipeg
Landeskog - Soderberg - Everberg
Comeau - Mackinnon - Iginla
Tanguay - Duchene - Mitchell
McLeod - Grigorenko - Skille

I think the problem with Landeskog and Mackinnon being paired together, is that they still will make an occassional mistake and in turn, not allow a scoring chance to develop. I think they'll be good together soon, but that time isn't right now and you should give them a chance to play into their strengths and I think their new lines will do just that.

With Landeskogs' line you'll have a strong defensive line you can throw against the top teams, and make chances from their aggression.

With Mackinnons' line, if you wanna pile shots onto the other team, you can count on them to do that, as the 3 of them have a strong preference to shoot.

Duchene is skilled and he should be paired with a strong passer to allow him to get more scoring chances, and a puckhog like Mitchell to assure he'll get more time in the ozone.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Rough lineup for this season? Yeah, the lineup's pretty rough so far....

:sarcasm:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Rough lineup for this season? Yeah, the lineup's pretty rough so far....

:sarcasm:

tumblr_m3ksgopjMw1rvn6njo1_400.gif

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Soderberg
Tanguay - Mitchell - Iginla
Comeau - Duchene - Skille
McLeod - Grigorenko - Everberg

- Removes Soderberg from playing center as he's sucked at face-offs for the most part this year.
- Puts more skill on MacKinnon's wing as Tanguay has been an absolute plug the last 2-3 games.
- Elevates Mitchell's ice time as he's been a beast so far and I think his style of play would fit well with aging Iginla and Tanguay. They both still have skill, but they are definitely slowing down and Mitchell can slow the game down for them. Duchene is just to quick for Iginla and that's why they don't have success imo. Iginla and Tanguay have also shown past chemistry.
- Puts Duchene with a guy who can drive the net and pick up rebounds or tap-ins, and it also gives him a winger with proven speed and I think it would be very interesting to see Skille's speed put aside Duchene's speed. Might allow Duchene to use his teammates more.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Landy - MacK - Soda
Tangs - Grigs - Iggy
McLeod - Malkin - Skille

That's what I would like to see.
Soda should be a good addition to MacK and Landy and fit their playing style better than Tangs.

Duchene's line would be all about speed and no more Iggy holding that back.

Grigs, Tangs and Iggy not that much speed but hopefully enough grit and puck control to spend some good time in the offensive zone and that 4th line already showed what they could do together.

I'd love to get Everberg in as well but see no way of doing that other than sending Rantanen down/to Suomi and I'm not willing to do that.

Francois--Condor
Zads--Barrie
Gormley--Holden

That looks like a solid D.

jrmysell

Feb 7, 2015
St. Kitts
Landy - MacK - Soda
Tangs - Grigs - Iggy
McLeod - Malkin - Skille

Soda should be a good addition to MacK and Landy and fit their playing style better than Tangs.

Grigs, Tangs and Iggy not that much speed but hopefully enough grit and puck control to spend some good time in the offensive zone and that 4th line already showed what they could do together.

I'd love to get Everberg in as well but see no way of doing that other than sending Rantanen down/to Suomi and I'm not willing to do that.

Francois--Condor
Zads--Barrie
Gormley--Holden

No Mitchell?

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Landy - MacK - Soda
Tangs - Grigs - Iggy
McLeod - Malkin - Skille

Francois--Condor
Zads--Barrie
Gormley--Holden

He was already sent down yesterday and Everberg called up.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
He was already sent down yesterday and Everberg called up.

Yeah. :cry:

I felt like he was so close that he could get it together any game now. Oh well. Maybe he'll tear it up in SA and come back with renewed confidence later in the year.

Landy-Mack-Tanguay
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iggy
Comeau-Soderberg-Everberg
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille

Beauchemin-EJ
Zadorov-Holden
Gormley-Stuart

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Yeah. :cry:

I felt like he was so close that he could get it together any game now. Oh well. Maybe he'll tear it up in SA and come back with renewed confidence later in the year.

Landy-Mack-Tanguay
Grigorenko-Duchene-Iggy
Comeau-Soderberg-Everberg
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille

Beauchemin-EJ
Zadorov-Holden
Gormley-Stuart

I'm not expecting Roy to make any changes on D, and i think he will simply insert Everberg with Duchene and Iginla and keep the other lines together.

Still, that's what i would like to see:

Landeskog - Soderberg - MacKinnon
Comeau - Duchene - Iginla
Tanguay - Mitchell - Everberg
McLeod - Grigorenko - Skille

MacKinnon would still be taking the draws on that first line, but i think his speed on the wing would be more important right now.

Duchene, Comeau and Iginla had a few good moments in the first two games while Duchene had his head up his ass, maybe now that he is finding his game that line could get going.

That third line had good moments last season, so i would give it another look. Ideally Grigorenko moves up and change places with Mitchell, maybe in a few weeks.

The 4th line looked very good with Mitchell, and remained solid with Grigorenko in there. I would keep Grigorenko on the 4th for now to continue to build his confidence up.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Comeau-Duchene-Grigorenko
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Tanguay
Everberg-Soderberg-Iginlerberg
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad