Not open for further replies.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
jcorb58 said:
Here is my take on our team

Guys that have to be there
Heatley Iginla Lecavalier Marleau Richards Sakic Thornton Gagne

Too that mix you need a great role player......my pick Smyth (he wont hurt you with his defence and certainly can pop a few also)

That makes 3 lines> Whats left?
Tanguay St Louis Doan Draper( awesome pk and faceoffs) Morrow( Mr energy)
and Bertuzzi ( I wouldnt consider him this time )

Then we have the kids Spezza Staal and Crosby

I honestly dont think Crosby should go and before you all jump all over me he will have plenty of opportunities in the future. As mentioned Spezza is not a 4th line player but would do awesome with Heatley. My pick would be Staal out of the three for his overall game and size. That said they are all in tough to crack this very impressive rostor. No matter Gretz is not going to please everybody.
There is no way Marleau HAS TO BE THERE. He's in the logjam with about 14 other players for the last 3-4 spots. Before Thornton went to SJ Marleau wasn't exactly rippin it up.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
ryz said:
There is no way Marleau HAS TO BE THERE. He's in the logjam with about 14 other players for the last 3-4 spots. Before Thornton went to SJ Marleau wasn't exactly rippin it up.

Not to mention that he's been a dismal failure for Canada the last 2 tournaments in a row.

He played himself out of a spot in the World Cup, and played himself into a grinding role that he failed at in the World Championships, I'd be mad if he made the team and Spezza, Staal, and Crosby didn't.

joe_shannon_1983*

therealdeal said:
Not to mention that he's been a dismal failure for Canada the last 2 tournaments in a row.

He played himself out of a spot in the World Cup, and played himself into a grinding role that he failed at in the World Championships, I'd be mad if he made the team and Spezza, Staal, and Crosby didn't.

I'd dislike it if any of the four went to the Olympics. There is no need for any of them, considering they are all scoring-line centres, which Canada has enough of already.

However, I would rather see Marleau taken the most if I had to choose. True, in past international play he hasn't quite lived up to expectations. But he was very good in the Sharks playoff run in 2004, and thus has experience playing in pressure situations, experience that none of the other three have.

In addition, although he wasn't good in a checking role at the World Championships, he still would be much better in that role than any of the other three (which face it, if any of these guys gets taken it is going to be in a checking role).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad