Recalled/Assigned: Roster updates

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
With Formenton and Wolanin today they are losing 7-1 after 2, without them yesterday they won 2-1
They also had the NHL goalie Hogberg in net yesterday & Mandolese today, as we found out early in the yr goaltending matters.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
They also had the NHL goalie Hogberg in net yesterday & Mandolese today, as we found out early in the yr goaltending matters.
They have won with Mando. I saw two games with him, one win, one close loss (0-3 with 9 forwards) so he is not that bad.
It's possible to win with him.
But , yes, put him in good position to do so. It's not the case today.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They have won with Mando. I saw two games with him, one win, one close loss (0-3 with 9 forwards) so he is not that bad.
It's possible to win with him.
But , yes, put him in good position to do so. It's not the case today.

Did Mando make a save today.. lots of weak goals.. you cannot compare two games and isolate on 2 players like that .. not sure what your point is.. well I am pretty sure what your point is.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Why did we sign Murray again???Couldnt we just have run with our kids,and saved the 6.5 mil

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The team had been trying to shoehorn 9 defenseman into the lineup because Covid never came into play and the taxi squad has been an excessive waste.
The trade deadline is coming up and all of a sudden Coburn & Brown are back in the lineup regularly.
Brannstrom and Wolanin get sent down to Belleville to help them out and play a lot while the trade bait plays.

Coburn and/or Brown will be dealt. Brannstrom and/or Wolanin will be called back up to a less crowded blueline.

I will be surprised if anyone trades for Coburn or J.Brown .

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Why did we sign Murray again???Couldnt we just have run with our kids,and saved the 6.5 mil
cause thats an easy way to destroy a young goalies confidence

Just like how Hogberg was good last year and terrible this year. Young goalies are inconsistant. I have no problem going with Murray + cheap young goalie for a few years.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

It's hard for anybody to look good on a team playing poor defense. We should cut him slack, expect the team to play better defensively next year and for Murray to bounce back.

I will be surprised if anyone trades for Coburn or J.Brown .

I don't know how the taxi squad stuff is going to affect the trade deadline, but many teams try to add cheap defensive depth at the deadline. Maybe not Brown because of the extra year, but I fully expect Coburn to get picked up.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's hard for anybody to look good on a team playing poor defense. We should cut him slack, expect the team to play better defensively next year and for Murray to bounce back.

I don't know how the taxi squad stuff is going to affect the trade deadline, but many teams try to add cheap defensive depth at the deadline. Maybe not Brown because of the extra year, but I fully expect Coburn to get picked up.
I can see a team being interested in Gudbranson at the TDL, or Reilly.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I can see a team being interested in Gudbranson at the TDL, or Reilly.

I have Reilly in the re-sign column based on usage and competition. Brannstrom, Sanderson and Wolanin will have to take his job before he's moved.

Gudbranson is certainly more expendable because the right side is somewhat more established, but the team has been unpredictable with hometown boys, so I don't even want to hazard a guess as to what they do with him.

Reactions: Cosmix

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There are a number of possibilities at the trade deadline ..... Coburn, Gudbranson, Dzingel, Reilly, Bishop, Forsberg, maybe even Anisimov. You never know what kind of depth a team might look for especially if it will only cost them mid to late rd picks. And we never know what these picks can turn into, this team has had some success with late rd picks in the past.

They might even be able to move a player or two with term like Dadonov, Tierny or J. Brown or an RFA like Hogberg or Wolanin. Lots of possibilities at the TDL, but who & how many remains to be seen. My guess is somewhere between 3 to 5 players are moved by the TDL.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Reinforcements

Brannstrom back in .. Formenton back in

That Bottom pair RD partner for the guys breaking in is an issue.
If we went with a couple vet plugs there and had no one trying to cut their teeth as their partner fine. Well not fine but not as glaringly bad.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
There are a number of possibilities at the trade deadline ..... Coburn, Gudbranson, Dzingel, Reilly, Bishop, Forsberg, maybe even Anisimov. You never know what kind of depth a team might look for especially if it will only cost them mid to late rd picks. And we never know what these picks can turn into, this team has had some success with late rd picks in the past.

They might even be able to move a player or two with term like Dadonov, Tierny or J. Brown or an RFA like Hogberg or Wolanin. Lots of possibilities at the TDL, but who & how many remains to be seen. My guess is somewhere between 3 to 5 players are moved by the TDL.

I would like to sign Dzingel, Reilly and perhaps Bishop for next season. The rest can be traded for draft picks, decent prospects and perhaps a reclamation project.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would like to sign Dzingel, Reilly and perhaps Bishop for next season. The rest can be traded for draft picks, decent prospects and perhaps a reclamation project.
There is always the possibility that they still become available to sign after the season too or there are comparable players available in the off season. Having said that though we saw what PD did last off season & that didn't go so well. Should be interesting who they are able to move & who they are not & what the return is for what they do trade.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

I would let any of them go for a half decent return.

There will be opportunity to pick up players from teams pinched by expansion draft and relatively speaking will be pennies on the dollar.

We could spend what GMPD did for this year's batch of FA and get a better return for sure.

*EDIT* of course GMPD may handle it differently as we know but we should be able to get a better return...

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would let any of them go for a half decent return.

There will be opportunity to pick up players from teams pinched by expansion draft and relatively speaking will be pennies on the dollar.

We could spend what GMPD did for this year's batch of FA and get a better return for sure.

*EDIT* of course GMPD may handle it differently as we know but we should be able to get a better return...

I think the consensus picks of the posters here, minus a few outliers, could do better than Mr. D.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Reinforcements

Brannstrom back in .. Formenton back in

That Bottom pair RD partner for the guys breaking in is an issue.
If we went with a couple vet plugs there and had no one trying to cut their teeth as their partner fine. Well not fine but not as glaringly bad.

Looks like the best lineup so far this season.

Reactions: DrEasy

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I've had enough of the reclamation projects (minus Dzingel who isn't really one). I want legitimate middle 6F or middle pairing D vet signings to help develop AND shelter our guys. It's nice to have heart and soul guys like Gudbranson who show them how to train hard, eat well, and also steps up to fight when Chabot, Brannstrom, Batherson or Stuzle get pummeled by big hits, but it doen't help when Chabot and Brannstrom have to play 30 min per game to make up for it.
Just get a serviceable older vet that we can sign for 1-2 years at over what they're worth a bit.

Edler/Goligoski 2 years at 4-5 mil
Cole/Demers/Hjarlmarlsson 2 years at 3-4 mil

Those are all guys that can play 15min, PK, teach, lead by example, and won't command long commitments.

Then theres the more sought out guys like Savard, Murray, Larsson that will need 4+ contracts, more money, but give us 20min a game.

Reactions: NB613 and Boud

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Because we didn't have a number one goalie going into the season? Murray was young and acquired for cheap.
You didn't have a crystal ball that told you Gus and Daccord would look decent did you?
Even then they've only played a handful of games and none of them has more wins than Murray.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Because we didn't have a number one goalie going into the season? Murray was young and acquired for cheap.
You didn't have a crystal ball that told you Gus and Daccord would look decent did you?
Even then they've only played a handful of games and none of them has more wins than Murray.
Didnt anybody see how Murray played on a better team though???Also the team wasnt in it to win this season it was supposed to be a development year for the kids in the NHL...We didnt need Murray a less term bridge player would have been fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad