Recalled/Assigned: Roster updates

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The org definitely has struggled with drafting and developing D. I’m hopeful Mann & Mann can solve those issues.

Since Mann became Director of amateur scouting we have drafted 6 D
JBD 1st
Tychonik 2nd
Thomson 1st
Guenette 7th
Sanderson 1st
Klevin 2nd

Every other D drafted by the Sens other than Chabot and Wolanin have been purged and Wolanin is done here.

Cleary the Mann brothers agree with your assessment of the orgs history drafting and developing D. At least Brannstrom is progressing nicely.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It’s pretty normal for guys in Wolainin’s situation to be on waivers in order to give the player a chance to catch on to another team.

The Sens don’t want to ruin the guy, but he hasn’t been very good here, and doesn’t look to be part of the future plans anymore. Why not give him a shot elsewhere?

Then we can fire up the Wolainin thread every time he plays ;)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I am thrilled watching the d we have now. they are clearly worth watching. Get rid of Wolanin. that will be a major improvement.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
The team had been trying to shoehorn 9 defenseman into the lineup because Covid never came into play and the taxi squad has been an excessive waste.
The trade deadline is coming up and all of a sudden Coburn & Brown are back in the lineup regularly.
Brannstrom and Wolanin get sent down to Belleville to help them out and play a lot while the trade bait plays.

Coburn and/or Brown will be dealt. Brannstrom and/or Wolanin will be called back up to a less crowded blueline.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
The team had been trying to shoehorn 9 defenseman into the lineup because Covid never came into play and the taxi squad has been an excessive waste.
The trade deadline is coming up and all of a sudden Coburn & Brown are back in the lineup regularly.
Brannstrom and Wolanin get sent down to Belleville to help them out and play a lot while the trade bait plays.

Coburn and/or Brown will be dealt. Brannstrom and/or Wolanin will be called back up to a less crowded blueline.

JBD could be on the NHL roster as soon as this weekend.

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
I'm curious if the new 7 day rules affect guys coming up from college or just NHL players.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He literally could not.

Semantics- the point is he is potentially coming soon... he’s free to sign and be one of the Sens 50 contracts and transition to the org. A player in Q doesn’t have to count against the 23 man roster. I haven't seen anything that says a player in Q “can’t” join a 23.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCK

JMACole

Jun 27, 2020
PEI
Formenton could be back by next game. They might just be giving him a chance to keep playing since the next few Sens games are postponed.

Reactions: topshelf15

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Formenton could be back by next game. They might just be giving him a chance to keep playing since the next few Sens games are postponed.
Would be nice if team took advantage of time off to practice and get our team on the same page re: break outs and PP rather than nickel and diming every opportunity

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Belleville is really shorthanded,Formenton going back to help out isnt a bad thing TBH...He will be back up before we play our next game,kid is ready for the NHL

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
With Formenton and Wolanin today they are losing 7-1 after 2, without them yesterday they won 2-1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad