Roster Thread XI -- The End is Here -- Commence the offseason!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
im not pushing under 23 yr old player to wing for a no thing special 29 yr old

God forbid we actually sign players to fill needs.

Not improving the team to gift ice time for a guy who may never be a top 9 forward on a playoff caliber team is punting away a season (again).

If Adams signs a UFA center, I expect it to be Eakin-esque and not a guy like Trochek.

Sadly, I think we'll see someone like Riley Nash/Nico Sturm style signing over Copp/Trocheck/Kadri/Paul. However, we're spitballing right?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
No one will lose a spot to develop. We'll rotate 4 lines and players will take turns at center to learn multiple positions at the NHL level.
Mittelstadt was injured a lot last year, Tage the year before. Chances that one of those guys will miss almost the whole season are pretty high. Cozens will likely get another concussion as well.
Please tell me this is just sarcasm.

Reactions: Dingo44

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Nope I'd say that the odds for that is low. Mitts hasn't been healthy for a season.
He played in 77 of 82 NHL games in 18-19 and he played 67 games between BUF & ROC in 19-20 when the BUF had a 69 game schedule and the ROC played 62 games.

I would say that he was healthy for the vast majority of his first two full seasons as a pro.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Mostly reasonable but I disagree on Subban. It just makes too much sense to keep him here.
I think the problem here is that Lance thinks that Anderson will be re-signed and Adams will add another NHL goalie So UPL will be a starter in Rochester, and Subban will probably want to play more at least in the AHL.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Mostly reasonable but I disagree on Subban. It just makes too much sense to keep him here.
Seems like a really good locker room guy and his teammates love him. I don't know that any teams are chomping at the bit to sign him as an NHL back-up at this point so having him as a vet in Rochester whether it's to mentor UPL or to be the starter if UPL is in Buffalo makes way too much sense. I'd prefer him to Dell.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
IIRC Lance had previously said that he thought Subban would be back. I wondered what feeling/info he got that made him change his prediction.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Will sabres make the playoff next season ?

Skinner Thompson Olofsson
Cozens Krebs Tuch
Quinn Mittlestadt Peterka
Asplund Girgensons Okposo

Samuelsson Dahlin
Power Jokiharju
Bryson Fitzgerald

Seem like a really good team .

Then They maybe draft Nazar and yurov and someone else how would They be able to fit everyone?

Future

Skinner Thompson Nazar
Cozens Krebs Tuch
Asplund Girgensons Yurov
Olofsson tradet ?

Samuelsson Dahlin
Power Jokiharju
Bryson Fitzgerald

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Cozens Krebs Tuch

Samuelsson Dahlin
Power Jokiharju
Bryson Fitzgerald

Then They maybe draft Nazar and yurov and someone else how would They be able to fit everyone?

Future

Skinner Thompson Nazar
Cozens Krebs Tuch
Asplund Girgensons Yurov
Olofsson tradet ?

Samuelsson Dahlin
Power Jokiharju
Bryson Fitzgerald

Not without a goalie or two, they certainly will not.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I've been to that park! LOTS of good candy.

I'd avoid the pickled herring though - couldn't even keep it in my mouth... 🤮

what is that place?

Cozens Krebs Tuch

Samuelsson Dahlin
Power Jokiharju
Bryson Fitzgerald

problem…the cap floor.

they would need to spend about $13M just to get to the floor with 2G, F, D, and an additional F/D

can they make the playoffs….yes…if decent goaltending. They closed at 100+ point rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad