Speculation: Roster thoughts

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
in looking how the Sabres have been playing if I had Ruffs ear i would set up these lines:

Hecht/Leino-Hodgson-Pommer
Ott-Ennis-stafford
Folignio-Grigs-Vanek
Scott-Hecht/Ellis-Kaleta

They need to unload some of their roster. Leino and Mccormick are currently on the IR and they are carrying 8 Dmen.

!. Ellis can go down to rochester and clear waivers.

2. they need to make a trade of players like a 2 for 1, 1 for pick type of deal. Likely ones to be moved would be McCormick, Gerbe, Leopold, and Sekera.

next year they have RW Arima coming in to the fold.

heartsabres*

I think Weber and Brennan played last night to showcase someone. This team needs to trim the dead weight, bring up McNabb to get him going, Pysyk is not far behind. Get rid of Leopold and or Regher and bring in a defence 4th line center who is young and can take faceoffs.

I don´t want to tank but lets look to the future. Also the sabres need a centerman who is serious about winning and has won before to center the first line.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I think Weber and Brennan played last night to showcase someone. This team needs to trim the dead weight, bring up McNabb to get him going, Pysyk is not far behind. Get rid of Leopold and or Regher and bring in a defence 4th line center who is young and can take faceoffs.

I don´t want to tank but lets look to the future. Also the sabres need a centerman who is serious about winning and has won before to center the first line.

First, have you watched either of those Amerks defenseman play this year? McNabb has not been good and Pysyk started off strong but has gotten worse. Why would they bring them up and reward them if they're not playing well? Second, how many winning first line centers are available? Teams don't trade these guys, they develop (which we are trying to do with Ennis/Hodgson).

The one thing I do agree with is looking to the future. But as Jame and I as well as others have said, we cannot even tank properly with Miller.

heartsabres*

First, have you watched either of those Amerks defenseman play this year? McNabb has not been good and Pysyk started off strong but has gotten worse. Why would they bring them up and reward them if they're not playing well? Second, how many winning first line centers are available? Teams don't trade these guys, they develop (which we are trying to do with Ennis/Hodgson).

The one thing I do agree with is looking to the future. But as Jame and I as well as others have said, we cannot even tank properly with Miller.

It is not about rewarding them, either they are a part of the future or they are not. If they are a part of the future then play McNabb for a few games and see if he plays like last year.

Your post is like it has to be one way or the other way but if you trade out the older defenceman then yes McNabb has a chance and can´t do any worse then Brennan.

If you don´t want McNabb here then let him rot in the AHL, I think giving McNabb some ice time in the NHL might make a difference in his play. As for Pysyk I said not far off meaning next year.

You want to look to the future then you play your future now, it is not about rewarding them, they are not dogs doing tricks :shakehead

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
It is not about rewarding them, either they are a part of the future or they are not. If they are a part of the future then play McNabb for a few games and see if he plays like last year.

Your post is like it has to be one way or the other way but if you trade out the older defenceman then yes McNabb has a chance and can´t do any worse then Brennan.

If you don´t want McNabb here then let him rot in the AHL, I think giving McNabb some ice time in the NHL might make a difference in his play. As for Pysyk I said not far off meaning next year.

You want to look to the future then you play your future now, it is not about rewarding them, they are not dogs doing tricks :shakehead

21 yr old players in their 2nd pro year aren't "rotting" in the AHL... stop with the nonsense hyperbole
:facepalm:

heartsabres*

As for a center there are lots that are around but you have to pay the price. I will not guess at the price but we do have guys like Ennis, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera and draft picks it has to atleast get a GM thinking.

If the sabres want to win now then I would think about Lecavalier who can be had but has a big contract and is getting older but can be had. (I said think about)

If you want to win next year then you hope Getzlaf makes it to UFA he is the one guy I would give the keys to.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

if we want to rebuild we need to trade Miller to Anaheim... and put Pommer and Vanek on the "available" list... notify everyone.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
As for a center there are lots that are around but you have to pay the price. I will not guess at the price but we do have guys like Ennis, Stafford, McNabb, Sekera and draft picks it has to atleast get a GM thinking.

If the sabres want to win now then I would think about Lecavalier who can be had but has a big contract and is getting older but can be had. (I said think about)

If you want to win next year then you hope Getzlaf makes it to UFA he is the one guy I would give the keys to.

No he can't. He has a full NMC, He is a major figure in the community. Lecavalier isn't available.

heartsabres*

21 yr old players in their 2nd pro year aren't "rotting" in the AHL... stop with the nonsense hyperbole
:facepalm:

Do you know what an adverb is ?what about a personal pronoun? So I am guessing you don´t. Please look up the word "then" and "you" then reread my post. Thank you.

It is like you don´t know how to interpret a post. You see the words but you don´t know what they mean.

heartsabres*

I'm really fond of Malkin, maybe he could be had aswell.

Or maybe just package Stamkos in with Lecavalier!!!
:handclap::handclap::handclap::shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

What are you even talking about??? Or are you just trying to flame me?

It is like Gretzky played for Edmonton his whole career. oh wait....

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Honestly, I would like to see our players now with a different coach and system. We know what they look like playing Lindy's system, and I don't think they're built, nor have the motivation, to keep playing Lindy's way.

I would like to see what they can do with someone else before I would want to start trading away guys. You have a good mix of old and new, and we've seen the whole getting rid of players routine, with similar results. I'm not one to really want to get rid of coaching but, too many players have left that we thought were the cause of some issues, and we keep seeing the same type of play and consistency from the players.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Lecavalier can like, totally be had in trade... because he would like totally waiver his Full No Movement Clause... to leave the team he is the Captain of and the community that he is practically a hero in... to come play in Buffalo. Like... totally.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Lecavalier can like, totally be had in trade... because he would like totally waiver his Full No Movement Clause... to leave the team he is the Captain of and the community that he is practically a hero in... to come play in Buffalo. Like... totally.

Get the Pegula jet

Last edited:

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Embrace the rebuild... put the big names on the market

But wouldn't that be the same as they did when we lost Drury and Briere? Basically thrusting guys into roles too big for them?

I'd rather keep Vanek and Poms around for a few more seasons so the young guys can stay protected for a little longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad