Linus Fröberg, Färjestad BK
Rickard Rakell, Plymouth Whalers
Jacob de la Rose, Leksand IF
Victor Rask, Calgary Hitmen
Nick Sörensen, Quebec Remparts
Emil Molin, Brynäs IF
(1 Forward will be cut)

Still a chance for Mika Zibanejad also.

http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesnyheter/2012/December2012/JuniorkronornaTeam20/

de la Rose??? I`m not sure about the legitimacy of his citizenship, I say we check into the paperwork on that one, doesn`t sound too Swedish to me;)

I find it really interesting and a bit puzzling why they seem to be set with their lineup already?? Could someone fill me in a bit here, doesn`t seem to elicit much in the way of competition?

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
de la Rose??? I`m not sure about the legitimacy of his citizenship, I say we check into the paperwork on that one, doesn`t sound too Swedish to me;)

I find it really interesting and a bit puzzling why they seem to be set with their lineup already?? Could someone fill me in a bit here, doesn`t seem to elicit much in the way of competition?

was that suppossed to be funny?

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
Doesn't seem like a gold medal contending team with that D, but you never know. All it takes is a few guys to step up. Forgot Sweden had so much firepower up front, even without Zibanejad. Rakell, Karlsson, Collberg, Rask, Forsberg, Lindholm is two solid lines

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
was that suppossed to be funny?

Not a joke, it`s sarcasm and perhaps I could have used that emotion to illustrate it, relax, all in fun

you would have to admit, it isn`t a traditional Swedish name unless I have missed something which is more than possible?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Probably, but I'm actually curious, where does de la Rose trace his roots?

His parents are 100% Swedish so there are no nationality issues with Jacob. De La Rose is an old French name even though it sounds Spanish.

Last edited:

DKQ

Generic User Title
Jun 17, 2012
Press Box
His parents are 100% Swedish so there are no nationality issues with Jacob. De La Rose is an old French name even though it sounds Spanish.

That's what I meant. He looks Swedish, I was just wondering if his father was an American immigrant or something.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
That's what I meant. He looks Swedish, I was just wondering if his father was an American immigrant or something.

I found the name interesting and googled it. The name has been around in Sweden since the late 17th century when some french woman married a swedish guy. They are probably his ancestors.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Back to back champs!

:laugh: at some of the recent posts here...

Last edited:

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
Görtz, Sörensen and Boyce aren't traditional swedish names either, just saying. :)

Anyway, I like this team, they will without doubt be underdogs, but I think the right decisions were made. Not having Brodin and Klefbom really hurts their chances though.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Underdogs? Sure, Canada's team will look the best, as always, but I think it's quite difficult to determine individual order between the others.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, this team is hurt by Klefbom and Brodin not being there. They should still do alright but without those 2 the team will be less than what it could have been.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
its not even funny how much better Sweden would be if a D pair of Brodin-Klefbom were on there. Just sucks two great youngsters who were key parts of the team that ended the drought can't be there to defend the title.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Byström was omitted because the defensemen would be too similar. Lindholm, Djuse and Wikstrand were not gonna be cut, and Jesper Pettersson has impressed this year and is a Rönnberg favourite as well.

On Åberg, Rönnberg hinted that he wanted a more gritty bottom-6.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
So Rakell is only lefty on top six?

What about pp lineups?

I'd do..
1st: Vikstrand, Collberg, Forsberg, Lindholm, Arvidsson.
2nd: Lindholm, Djuse, Karlsson, Rakell, Sörensen/Rask.

H.Lindholm, Karlsson and Rakell will play heavy defensive minutes so it would be better to give some other guys the top PP duties imo.

Oct 18, 2011
they have a good group of forwards and a very good prospective no.1 goalie, they'll be in the hunt as usual

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not familiar with a lot of the blueliners. Can anyone give quick reports on them? What are the odds that Djoos ends up being the one who's cut?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Why aren't Brodin, Zibanejad and Klefbom on this team?

Really hurts their chances missing those 3.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Not familiar with a lot of the blueliners. Can anyone give quick reports on them? What are the odds that Djoos ends up being the one who's cut?

I know Nilsson is a Leafs prospect and that he's seen as a pest who likes to play physically. I don't remember much of him because I only saw some video from development camp, but Leafs management apparently likes him a lot. In our camp he was really mixing it up and getting under peoples skin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad