WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
That team looks really good, I think Mackinnon will make the team and be given a chance to shine in what will be his draft year (2013)

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
2013 Team Canada WJC Team

Rattie - Strome - Huberdeau
Danault - Scheifele - Puempel
Di Giuseppe - Jenner - Shinkaruk
-Monahan - St. Croix - Griffith
Mackinnon

Hamilton - Ceci
Murray - Harrington
Dumba - Murphy
Siemens

Subban
Broissoit

In NHL;

Nugent-Hopkins

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I hope Mackinnon makes it. Idk why Team Canada always cuts good young kids. Just like RNH in 2011.

But yet they kept Bouwmeester, Lindros, Crosby and several others that were underagers. Bottom line is they take what they feel is the best team that year, end of story. Every country out there has cut players that people would say was stupid. Hence why it's called hindsight.

As was said, I don't see how Huberdeau, Strome, Scheifele and Hamilton aren't all in the NHL next year.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
But yet they kept Bouwmeester, Lindros, Crosby and several others that were underagers. Bottom line is they take what they feel is the best team that year, end of story. Every country out there has cut players that people would say was stupid. Hence why it's called hindsight.

As was said, I don't see how Huberdeau, Strome, Scheifele and Hamilton aren't all in the NHL next year.

Huberdeau weighs 175 lbs soaking wet and doesnt have RNH's elusiveness
Strome has big time skills, but he is a bit like Kadri in that he needs to learn to polish those skills (though hes a higher end prospect than Kadri)
Scheifele just isnt good enough
Hamilton is like Pietrangelo. Hes big, strong, skilled, but he needs to iron out the defensive game

You can make an argument either way for any of these players. Id say one of them is in the NHL next year

4thlineduster

Jan 6, 2012
Scheifele I think will be in the NHL next year and MAYBE Hamilton. Up until the WJC's I would've said that Huberdeau probably makes the NHL next year as well. After watching him get muscled off the puck quite often throughout the tournament.....I'll be surprised if he makes the NHL next year without putting on some lbs.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
RATTIE STROME ST. CROIX
MACKINNON MONAHAN SHINKARUK
JENNER GAUNCE SMITH
COUSINS CANTENACCI DANAULT
QUINE

HAMILTON DUMBA
HARRINGTON MURPHY
KOEKKOEK CECI
POULIOT

SUBBAN
GRAHAM
ALSHULLER

Assuming there's no lockout and Scheifele and Hubs are in the NHL along with RNH and Murray

futurescout

Jan 6, 2012
Toronto
why is everyone forgetting matia marcantuoni? he's not having the greatest season (injuries) but talent and potential wise, easily a top 10 in this draft, possibly top 5!

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Strome has big time skills, but he is a bit like Kadri in that he needs to learn to polish those skills (though hes a higher end prospect than Kadri)
Hamilton is like Pietrangelo. Hes big, strong, skilled, but he needs to iron out the defensive game

You can make an argument either way for any of these players. Id say one of them is in the NHL next year

your assessment is bang on.
who would you drop from the 2012 team and replace with??

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Changed for purpose of popular opinion.

HM: Stuart Percy, Slater Koekkoek, Matt Finn, Seth Griffith, Derrick Pouliot, Colton Sissons, Charles Hudon, Hunter Shinkaruk, Dillon Fournier, Anthony Camara, Francis Beauvillier...

this sounds like a very good team. the defence looks wicked.
what about play on the big ice. how does that change things?

jdrover

Mar 17, 2004
I'm betting on Morgan Reilly to be there. Strongly believe he would have gotten the invite this year if wasnt for going down with injury

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Does Seth Griffiths have a chance. I have been asking that for a while trying to find out why a guy with good numbers does not even get mentioned.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Huberdeau will be in the NHL

Strome will be in either the NHL or AHL, as will Schiefele

Hamilton will likely be in the AHL or NHL

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Does Seth Griffiths have a chance. I have been asking that for a while trying to find out why a guy with good numbers does not even get mentioned.

Definitely a chance if he ups his production from last season. I dont think he sounds that hopeful about it though, he was happy to just get drafted and he'll go from there.

Also, very slim chance Xavier Ouellet doesnt make this team. He was better then Bealieu last year while being a year younger. Hes the all around dman Canada loves. Can score, pass, skate, hit a bit and fight a bit. Also was drafted for his defensive play, not his offense. Perfect 6th or 7th guy to take because if theres innjuries he can fill anyones role half decent

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

This pretty much highlights the problem with AHL ineligibilty for 19 year old CHL players. Too good for juniors, not quite ready for the NHL. Playing AHL hockey and then get released for the WJC would be perfect both for the players and the tournament.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Kevin Prendergast and the staff this year seem to be alluding to their disappointment of last years coaching staff. Never said it directly but it sure sounded like he and Hockey Canada thought Hay et al. put too much stock into trying to make players defensively responsible.

He said this while discussing why he thought Murphy didn't make the team last year. Definitely seems like the team is going to be a lot more offensive oriented.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Kevin Prendergast and the staff this year seem to be alluding to their disappointment of last years coaching staff. Never said it directly but it sure sounded like he and Hockey Canada thought Hay et al. put too much stock into trying to make players defensively responsible.

He said this while discussing why he thought Murphy didn't make the team last year. Definitely seems like the team is going to be a lot more offensive oriented.

I agree with the thinking here. The last time Team Canada won the WJC was in 2009, an offensively geared machine with the emphasis on a skilled attack that could score by both heavy puck possession and quick strikes. This year's team Canada seemed unlikely to score off the rush. It also begs the question why Hay tried to force Connolly into a defensive role: the guy, for all his attitude "issues," was the most naturally talented player on the team in my opinion. Sticking him into a support role despite NHL experience did not seem right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad