WC: Roster Talk '13 — Slovakia

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Zaborsky has had a good tournament, it seems. Has he expressed any desire to come back to North America? I was a fan of his when he was in the Rangers organization.

If im correct, he said something like that. But now, when he is a big star in KHL.... It will be hard to forget the big paycheck from some rich Russian club to play in NHL.
His contract will end after 2013/2014, so maybe we will see him in NHL after that. And maybe also in 2013/2014, after the KHL season.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Janus in net against Russia tomorrow. Playing only with 6 D-men (Ďaloga still injured and Mezei suspended).

Maybe if Janus doesn't work out tomorrow, it's time for a bold move and try Hudáček against the Americans instead?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I've read the thread, but I'm still wondering about some other players.

Juraj Kolnik, Radovan Somik, Jaroslav Obsut, Milan Bartovic, Jan Lasak, Kristian Kudroc. Veterans who still seem to be productive where they play. Were any of those invitied? Do you think anyone of them should have been in the discussion to make the team? It was pretty cool to see Branislav Mezei again though.

DrPabloRamirez

Nov 23, 2010
I've read the thread, but I'm still wondering about some other players.

Juraj Kolnik, Radovan Somik, Jaroslav Obsut, Milan Bartovic, Jan Lasak, Kristian Kudroc. Veterans who still seem to be productive where they play. Were any of those invitied? Do you think anyone of them should have been in the discussion to make the team? It was pretty cool to see Branislav Mezei again though.
Bartovic and Kudroc are injured, both were in preliminary squad.
Kolnik, Somik and Obsut are out of Vujtek consideration. At the moment, we have probably better goaltenders than Lasak in Europe - Stana, Janus, maybe Hamerlik, Laco, Hudacek. IMO, Lasak is more experienced at international level and still the best Slovak goaltender since 1993.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad