WC: Roster Talk '13 — Slovakia

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yes, that was a few days ago but now it seems he will join the team. It's still not 100%, but the chances are not bad that he will be with the team in Helsinki!

Source:

http://www.hokej.sk/reprezentacia/c..._odchodom_na_MS_U_Gaborika_som_optimista.htm?

No. He's not going.

Blue Jackets winger Marian Gaborik will have abdominal surgery that will require a three- to four-week recovery, forcing him to miss playing for Slovakia in the IIHF World Championships.

According to one of Gaborik's agents, the surgery is to repair an area of his abdomen where a hernia surgery was performed in 2001, when Gaborik played for the Minnesota Wild.

“Marian experienced some soreness towards the end of the season and after undergoing his exit physical and further examination today, it was decided that surgery is the best option for a quick and full recovery,†Davidson said. “Marian will have the surgery and after a three to four week recovery period will be able to resume off-season training.â€

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2013/05/gaborik-facing-surgery.html

This was yesterday

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Rastislav Stana.

Do you have this confirmed? Because AFAIk even though this seems to be the popular belief, the coaches are making it a bit of a ecret whether he starts again and whether they will give an opportunity to both him and Janus at the start of the tourney.

What! no Peter Sejna!!??

Is there still a chance for Martin Marincin if OKC lose their series?

Keep your eye on Martin Gernat next season, he is ripping it up in the WHL as a defenceman. 12th in playoff scoring. http://www.whl.ca/stats/show/type/top_scorers/ls_season/last

Sejna had rarely shown any interest in playing for the NT, which sorta got him onto a black list of players who kept declining invitations and therefore no longer get invited.

Well, there are only 7 D-man on the official roster sent to IIHFright now, but I believe that's because they are waiting on how Boston will fare in the NHL play-offs. As much as I'd like to see Marinčin play for the NT, I doubt they would risk playing a player like him without having seen him in any prepaation matches.

Asfor Gernát, juniors is just juniors and with the way his injury ruined his season it's very possible that he will remain there next season as well. His time in the men's NT is probably in a more distant future.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What's the point of gloating? I was seriously asking you if you had confirmation before the information was officially released, maybe you could have answered then? :)

i didn't have any "real close source". But it was logical. Stana was better in the pre-tournament games, he had fantastic season in KHL and he has already experiences with WCH games. And the Slovak had to win the first game. There was no room for any experiment.

DonCorleone

Apr 2, 2013
Bratislava
all Slovak AHL players are in next round of PO, NHL players (except Visnovsky) are close to PO, too.. So it's time for Marko Dano!

DonCorleone

Apr 2, 2013
Bratislava
hey hey hey... its not over with Minnesota (vs Chicago) and Toronto (vs Boston). All can happen in this series...

If Boston and Chicago will lose 3 games in the row, In best possible scenario they are available around 14 may, and that's too late i think..

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The 1/4 finals are scheduled for 16. may... But Chicago is now 3:1. It is impossible, they lost this series. Handzus should lift the Cup.

Yeah, but isn't it possible to register some additional players after round robin or something? Anyway, it seem pretty much impossible that Chicago would lose now, but even if they did how likely would it be for Hossa to come after all the health trouble he's had this past year?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Team having some off ice fun:

1655264.jpg

1655270.jpg

1655269.jpg

1655275.jpg

1655274.jpg

1655277.jpg

1655278.jpg

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Zaborsky has had a good tournament, it seems. Has he expressed any desire to come back to North America? I was a fan of his when he was in the Rangers organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad