WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destroyer100

I hope Danault makes the team this year i think he should have made it last year as he proved himself but was one of the last cuts.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
The development camp starts Monday in Calgary and he flew up to Edmonton yesterday to get his shoulder checked out during a break in the Barons schedule.

He isn't missing the OKC games against San Antonio this weekend to rest his shoulder, he is missing them to avoid unnecessary travel.

If the lockout isn't settled by Sunday night, he'll be in Calgary Monday morning.

I see. Thank you for clearing that up.

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Im sorry this is hard for you but, I watched him specifically and yes he did, i'll give u one back so he got beat 5 times. I have watched him play many times this season, and almost always just iso on him when hes on the ice. I do this because I live in a city where I don't care about the team and I have always thought he was a bit overated.

There were very few good, even passable performances in the 6th game.

Reinhart was fine considering the circumstances. Dumba and Pouliot, however, put on some of the worst performances I've seen in the Subway series.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Lot of good players on Team Canada's camp roster, here are some quick thoughts:

-Malcolm Subban is a no-brainer. Binnington/Brossoit as the other guys

-D is kind of tough, but you probably go with Rielly/Hamilton/Murphy/Harrington/Dumba/Reinhart. Don't like leaving Pouliot off, but there's enough offense here

As for forwards, obviously Nuge would be awesome, but if he isn't available:

Huberdeau/Strome/Jenner/McNeill/Rattie/Scheifele/MacKinnon/Drouin/Ritchie/Danault/Hudon/Wilson

Nuge could take Danault off of that roster, but honestly I will be disappointed if any of Drouin/MacKinnon/Hudon are left off.

Love Monahan, but I don't see room here.

As a lineup (with Nuge)

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Drouin-MacKinnon-Strome
Hudon-Jenner-Rattie
Ritchie-McNeill-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Murphy-Harrington
Dumba-Reinhart

Subban
Binnington
Brossoit

This one is without Nuge:

Huberdeau-Scheifele-Strome
Drouin-MacKinnon-Rattie
Hudon-Jenner-Ritchie
Danault-McNeill-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Murphy-Harrington
Dumba-Reinhart

Subban
Binnington
Brossoit

Last edited:

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Ritchie-Strome-Rattie/Mackinnon
Danault-Jenner-Sissons
Hudon-Monahan-Wilson
ex:Rattie/Mackinnon, Drouin

Rielly-Hamilton
Oullett-Sproul
Harrington-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington

I like the 4th line as they are all eligible to return, the bottom 6 has plenty of sandpaper but can also put up points. I think the D is a wildcard, Sproul just came back from a broken arm and is still putting up points, im intrigued to see how the murphy/Spott relationship affects his chances if he has a bad camp.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Pouliot giveaways caused two goals IIRC. One blatant one for sure. Reinhart didnt get beat 5-6 times clean. That's hyperbolic nonsense. The whole team played poorly in that game, but picking out Reinhart specifically is completely ridiculous.

To be honest, every WHL defenseman drafted in the top 10 this year looked pretty irresponsible that game. Pouliot had no urgency and looked weak on the puck (leading to costly turnovers), Rielly was serving up passes down the middle onto opposition tape like it was going out of style, and Dumba was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

I thought Reinhart fared a bit better, but he didn't have the sturdiest night either, getting exposed a few times by the Russian speed and skill.

penguins2946*

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Danault-Jenner-Sissons
Hudon-Monahan-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Oullett-Sproul
Harrington-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington

I like the 4th line as they are all eligible to return, the bottom 6 has plenty of sandpaper but can also put up points. I think the D is a wildcard, Sproul just came back from a broken arm and is still putting up points, im intrigued to see how the murphy/Spott relationship affects his chances if he has a bad camp.

Harrington on the 3rd pair is asinine. He's the best shut-down D in the CHL. He will be on the top hair with Hamilton, where Murray would have been. Just imagine how good the top-4 of Murray-Hamilton and Harrington-Rielly would have been. The pairs IMO will be:

Harrington-Hamilton
Ouellet-Rielly
Dumba-Reinhart
Pouliot (In case Reinhart or Rielly gets hurt)

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
Anyone else think if drouin doesn't play in the wjc this year he may never? Kids so talented I could see a weak team shoo-ing him straight to the nhl.

penguins2946*

Anyone else think if drouin doesn't play in the wjc this year he may never? Kids so talented I could see a weak team shoo-ing him straight to the nhl.

He gets a lot of help from MacKinnon. He isn't as good as his stats say. He will probably be a top-10 pick, but there are a few better players than him (like Barkov, for example)

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Unless he's picked by an incredibly stupid team, no.
He still needs to get stronger and should just be allowed to mature all parts of his game.

Aug 6, 2012
Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Danault-Jenner-Sissons
Hudon-Monahan-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Oullett-Sproul
Harrington-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington

Ouellet - Sproul would be a dream come true for Wings fans. A sneak peak to Suter - Weber 2.0 :sarcasm:

MyNameIsNobody*

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Danault-Jenner-Sissons
Hudon-Monahan-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Oullett-Sproul
Harrington-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington

In Bold are my picks

Subban
I dont know who will be backup???

Dougie Hamilton R 6'5 205 Could Play both Off + D
Scott Harrington L 6'2 200 Stay at Home D
Ryan Murphy R 5'11 176 Plays Off
Xavier Ouellet L 6'1 190 Could Play both Off + D
Griffin Reinhart L 6'4 202 Could Play Off + D
Morgan Rielly L 6'0 205 Plays Off

I dont think Dumba will make it, well, i hope not..
I REALLY thought Seimens was going to get an invite..

There is toughness missing from the above...and only Pelech and Sproul fit
the tough bill...I would go with Pelech

Adam Pelech L 6'2 210 Tough Stay at Home D <-- 7th D
Ryan Sproul R 6'4 193 Tough Offensive D
Frank Corrado R 6'0 190 Offensive

Charles Hudon L 5'11 171
Nathan MacKinnon R 5'11 179
Ty Rattie R 6'0 176
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins L 6'0 185
Phillip Danault L 6'0 189
Jonathan Huberdeau L 6'1 176
Ryan Strome R 6'1 192
Sean Monahan L 6'2 193
Boone Jenner L 6'2 205
Mark Scheifele R 6'3 187
Tyler Graovac L 6'3 203
<-- People dont give him much credit
Brett Ritchie R 6'4 218
Tom Wilson R 6'4 210

Jonathan Drouin L 5'10.5 185 Who do i remove to make room for Drouin???
I also think that HC will not take 3 2013 draft prospects.

If there is no RNH than i would take Drouin.

Fast team...Some MEAN forwards with good hands and really good skating team.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If RNH doesn't go I could see Graovac making a case. He's a guy that would need to play in the top-nine to be effective, and an injury to RNH may be what he needs to sneak on.

arsmaster*

I'll start out by stating my NHL allegiance is to the Canucks.

It's quite evident nobody has a freaking clue who Corrado is.

Calling him an 'offensive' defensman shows that.

He is a fantastic skating two-way defensman who plays shut down minutes on a weak offensive team.

I'm not trying to suggest he's going to make it for sure, but it's hilarious how he is 'written off' because he is the latest pick.

MyNameIsNobody*

I'll start out by stating my NHL allegiance is to the Canucks.

It's quite evident nobody has a freaking clue who Corrado is.

Calling him an 'offensive' defensman shows that.

He is a fantastic skating two-way defensman who plays shut down minutes on a weak offensive team.

I'm not trying to suggest he's going to make it for sure, but it's hilarious how he is 'written off' because he is the latest pick.

People here still don't get it!!!

The Russians are a MASSIVE team...Massive!!!

the USA will also be big

You need to send a FAST skating MEAN TEAM that will not get intimidated...You cannot send a bunch of fast skating midgets to play in UFA...they will get bounced off the puck..

This D does not have meanness...you add meanness with Pelech not with corrado...

HC saw these Russians, and saw how big they are...we need a balance of SIZE, skating and meanness...

tourlord*

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Danault-Jenner-Sissons
Hudon-Monahan-Wilson

Rielly-Hamilton
Oullett-Sproul
Harrington-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington

The forwards look good but the D are all out of place.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
Hudon-Strome-Rattie
McNeill-Jenner-Wilson
Camara-Danault-Ritchie

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellet
Murphy-Dumba
Reinhart

Subban
Binnington
Brossoit

This is Bob McKenzie's currently projected depth chart. I still think it would be a mistake to not include Drouin/MacKinnon

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Reinhart looked bad in that WHL-KHL series, but he will still probably make the team anyway. A dark horse could be Pouliot, but I don't he has the defensive ability to play. We already have Rielly to be an offensive monster, we don't need 2.

Wasn't he stuck with Lowe as his partner? That pairing for Reinhart takes him down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad