WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis
Something weird going on with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins as Oilers say they can't comment on him at this time. Status very unclear for World Jrs

:dunno:

penguins2946*

Who do you think will make it on D for Team Canada? I know Harrington and Hamilton are a lock, and probably Rielly as well, but I don't know after than. It would be nice for Murray to not be hurt, but oh well.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Who do you think will make it on D for Team Canada? I know Harrington and Hamilton are a lock, and probably Rielly as well, but I don't know after than. It would be nice for Murray to not be hurt, but oh well.

Ryan Murphy and Griffin Reinhart would make the team.

penguins2946*

Ryan Murphy and Griffin Reinhart would make the team.

Reinhart looked bad in that WHL-KHL series, but he will still probably make the team anyway. A dark horse could be Pouliot, but I don't he has the defensive ability to play. We already have Rielly to be an offensive monster, we don't need 2.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

The D seems pretty locked up at this point. Hamilton, Rielly, Ouellet, Harrington, Reinhart and most think Murphy will be there because of his coach. The 7th spot will be a battle between Dumba, Sproul, and an outside chance at Corrado although I think Sproul and DUmba are ahead of him.

Murphy isnt necessarily a lock though, hes small and for an offensive guy not exactly putting up a tonne of offense. His coach is coaching though so we'll see. Sproul might actually be the better option for an offensive dman. 4 less points in about 15 less games played and more goals then Murphy. Hes also 6'4 and can play physical.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
The D seems pretty locked up at this point. Hamilton, Rielly, Ouellet, Harrington, Reinhart and most think Murphy will be there because of his coach. The 7th spot will be a battle between Dumba, Sproul, and an outside chance at Corrado although I think Sproul and DUmba are ahead of him.

Murphy isnt necessarily a lock though, hes small and for an offensive guy not exactly putting up a tonne of offense. His coach is coaching though so we'll see. Sproul might actually be the better option for an offensive dman. 4 less points in about 15 less games played and more goals then Murphy. Hes also 6'4 and can play physical.

No love for Pouliot, I see... :help:

stamkosisboss

Mar 27, 2010
Leafs Nation
What do you guys think the roster looks like if RNH is hurt?
Huberdeau- Scheifele- MacKinnon
Ritchie- Strome- Rattie
Hudon- Monahan- Jenner
Wilson- Catenacci- Danault

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
No love for Pouliot, I see... :help:

Pouliot could very well make it, but it seems with Hamilton, Rielly, Ouellet, Murphy and/or Sproul the offense is covered. A few of those guys are 2 way players but Pouliot seems one dimensional in the way that Murphy and Sproul are, except I think their offense is better at this point. Hes also younger, which always comes into play with hockey Canada.

I really am starting to think DUmba shouldnt be on this team either, his play hasnt been great when I've seen it and he hasnt produced a lot. He has a good history with HC and can throw a big hit which will help him. Being younger though I dont know if they take Rielly, Reinhart and Dumba. 3 of the 7 guys being younger isnt how HC operates, especially when there are older guys performing at the same level or better

Oct 15, 2008
Reinhart looked bad in that WHL-KHL series, but he will still probably make the team anyway. A dark horse could be Pouliot, but I don't he has the defensive ability to play. We already have Rielly to be an offensive monster, we don't need 2.

No he didnt. What a bunch of garbage. You know who did look bad though? Your darkhorse Pouliot.:laugh:

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
What makes you think that?

Well he will be missing this weekend's games in the AHL to rest his shoulder. I'm not sure why he would miss AHL games unless there is a problem. No point to rest his shoulder for the WJC when it's still so far away.

penguins2946*

No he didnt. What a bunch of garbage. You know who did look bad though? Your darkhorse Pouliot.:laugh:

Let me rephrase that, Reinhart didn't impress me in the KHL-WHL series. And I said Pouliot isn't good enough to make it, too 1-dimensional. This was my reaction when the Pens picked him while Foresberg was still on the board:

tumblr_lsjv2kwNPG1r1au5yo1_400.gif

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If RNH isn't healthy enough to go, you'd have to think Drouin would take his spot. Huberdeau-Mackinnon-Drouin would be the top line, with Scheifele and Strome on the second.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada

Id rewatch game 6, he got beat probably 5-6 times clean, then again, the whole defense did in that game. They were BRUTAL, I really hope a game like that doesn't happen this year, if it does against the Russians, I am afraid we will have the same fate as last year.

canucksPK

May 9, 2011
Okanagan BC
Without RNH I think you see Strome centering the first line with schiefele on the wing and mackinnon centering the second line.

Oct 15, 2008
Id rewatch game 6, he got beat probably 5-6 times clean, then again, the whole defense did in that game. They were BRUTAL, I really hope a game like that doesn't happen this year, if it does against the Russians, I am afraid we will have the same fate as last year.

Pouliot giveaways caused two goals IIRC. One blatant one for sure. Reinhart didnt get beat 5-6 times clean. That's hyperbolic nonsense. The whole team played poorly in that game, but picking out Reinhart specifically is completely ridiculous.

phillipsj89

Jan 9, 2012
Canada
Pouliot giveaways caused two goals IIRC. One blatant one for sure. Reinhart didnt get beat 5-6 times clean. That's hyperbolic nonsense. The whole team played poorly in that game, but picking out Reinhart specifically is completely ridiculous.

Im sorry this is hard for you but, I watched him specifically and yes he did, i'll give u one back so he got beat 5 times. I have watched him play many times this season, and almost always just iso on him when hes on the ice. I do this because I live in a city where I don't care about the team and I have always thought he was a bit overated.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Well he will be missing this weekend's games in the AHL to rest his shoulder. I'm not sure why he would miss AHL games unless there is a problem. No point to rest his shoulder for the WJC when it's still so far away.

The development camp starts Monday in Calgary and he flew up to Edmonton yesterday to get his shoulder checked out during a break in the Barons schedule.

He isn't missing the OKC games against San Antonio this weekend to rest his shoulder, he is missing them to avoid unnecessary travel.

If the lockout isn't settled by Sunday night, he'll be in Calgary Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->