Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Go full Sweden.

Hire Grönborg

Sign Eric Karlsson
Trade for Eric Wennberg
Trade for Patric Hornqvist
Ristolainen for Rickard Rakell

Graduate Olofsson, Nylander, Asplund and Pilut.
Send Botterill to IKEA accounting
Get a swedish owner& GM

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I get the sense that trading for Wennberg is the type of half-measure Botts will take to address the middle-6 center vacancy. He'll trade someone like Scandella (or Sobotka) and a mid-round pick for Wennberg, and it'll be rationalized that he traded dead weight and a meaningless pick for young, middle-6 center who still has upside and needed a change of scenery.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I get the sense that trading for Wennberg is the type of half-measure Botts will take to address the middle-6 center vacancy. He'll trade someone like Scandella (or Sobotka) and a mid-round pick for Wennberg, and it'll be rationalized that he traded dead weight and a meaningless pick for young, middle-6 center who still has upside and needed a change of scenery.
I mean I hope that's not all he does to the center position this offseason for sure, but count me in on trading Sobotka for Wennberg haha

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Scandella or Sobotka plus a pick for Wennberg would be a decent trade, though. As long as the pick isn't too high and no one thinks it's the solution for our 2C issue.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Sure, just replace half your defense in one off-season, easy enough. Don't worry about the fact your offense still needs improvements, too.
It won't be hard to replaced what you are getting from those guys save McCabe. I would like to see McCabe back. I think this should be the template going into the 0ff-season:

Dahlin--XXX/Montour

McCabe/Pilut/--Montour/XXX

Pilut/McCabe--Nelson/XXX

Scandella, Risto and Bogo can all be traded.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I still want brock nelson if he hits UFA. Perfect 2C. Still on the right side of 30, having a good post season and should not break the bank.

5.5 x 6 is something I can live with to get him to leave the Isle.Has 19+ goals in 5 straight seasons and prior to this year he was doing that with 3rd line minutes. Playing on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit getting 18 minutes a game I think he would be a solid 25 goal, 55 point player.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
I still want brock nelson if he hits UFA. Perfect 2C. Still on the right side of 30, having a good post season and should not break the bank.

5.5 x 6 is something I can live with to get him to leave the Isle.Has 19+ goals in 5 straight seasons and prior to this year he was doing that with 3rd line minutes. Playing on the 2nd line and 2nd PP unit getting 18 minutes a game I think he would be a solid 25 goal, 55 point player.

Firstly, Nelson will likely sign for more than 5.5 per year, especially if it's in Buffalo.

Next, I don't think he'd be close to the player here that you describe in your last sentence.

Lastly, this is the kind of contract teams grow to regret.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Maybe Brock Nelson has improved in the last couple years I haven't been paying attention.

But I absolutely hated his game as recently as 2 seasons ago

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I mean I hope that's not all he does to the center position this offseason for sure, but count me in on trading Sobotka for Wennberg haha

Scandella or Sobotka plus a pick for Wennberg would be a decent trade, though. As long as the pick isn't too high and no one thinks it's the solution for our 2C issue.

I think we'd all enjoy it for the year where Scandella or Sobotka would've been on our books. The real question is how we'll feel about it if he continues to be a 5-10 goal, 30-35 point center at nearly $5M per for three more years after we would've been rid of Scandella's or Sobotka's contract.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
So what’s the deal with Palat? Once upon a time, he seemed like an exciting, up and coming winger. I know he’s had injury issues, but is it flukey stuff or more like Bogo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad