Roster Speculation 2017-2018, Episode IV, A New Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
So you wouldn't trade McCabe for OEL? Interesting.

:facepalm:

trading McCabe as part of an OEL deal means Buffalo needs to acquire a player to replace McCabe.

what was part of the reason Chicago traes Hjalmarsson nd Panarin today?? they had shorter term left on their contract with just 2 years before UFA. They traded them for players who made less than or equal costs but with longer contract term/team control.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
:facepalm:

trading McCabe as part of an OEL deal means Buffalo needs to acquire a player to replace McCabe.

what was part of the reason Chicago traes Hjalmarsson nd Panarin today?? they had shorter term left on their contract with just 2 years before UFA. They traded them for players who made less than or equal costs but with longer contract term/team control.

Punch yourself in the face. Right now.

"We have OEL, but gosh, we now have to figure out how to replace Jake McCabe." :laugh:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
So in 2019-2020.....

Mittelstadt-Eichel-X
Nylander-RoR-Okposo
X-Reinhart-X

McCabe-Ristolainen
Guhle-Antipin
Beaulieu-X

Still need that top pairing LHD to bump down McCabe. Forward corps shaping up nice, especially if guys like Asplund and Pu actually pan out. Frankly, I don't even bother penciling in any prospect unless they are our top 3-4 prospects who look to be surefire nhlers.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
So in 2019-2020.....

Mittelstadt-Eichel-X
Nylander-RoR-Okposo
X-Reinhart-X

McCabe-Ristolainen
Guhle-Antipin
Beaulieu-X

Still need that top pairing LHD to bump down McCabe. Forward corps shaping up nice, especially if guys like Asplund and Pu actually pan out. Frankly, I don't even bother penciling in any prospect unless they are our top 3-4 prospects who look to be surefire nhlers.

Girgensons - Eichel - Mittelstadt
Nylander - ROR - Okposo
Fasching - Reinhart - Baptiste

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Girgensons - Eichel - Mittelstadt
Nylander - ROR - Okposo
Fasching - Reinhart - Baptiste

I don't think Girgs is here long term. I also didn't want to pencil in Baptiste and Fasching as they are still looking unknowns but if they both pan out I'm down with the lines though I feel Mittelstadt should be placed on LW. Who knows three years down the line I mean back when we did this when Reinhart was drafted I'm sure Armia was on the top line, Lemieux on line 3 etc , it's hard to predict who will pan out when you are talking about non first round prospects

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Anyone open to signing Alzner now?

Alzner-Risto
McCabe-Antipin
Beaulieu-Bogo
Falk

I'd rather sign someone to a more reasonable, short-term deal, like Markov, del Zotto, or Daley. If we're going to break the bank for someone it should be Shattenkirk.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
New plan: Screw defence

Mittlestadt-Eichel-XXXX
XXX-ROR-Okposo
Nylander-Reinhart-XXXX

In a few years from now that's a forward group that's on par with Toronto and Edmonton. Depends if Okposo can maintain good production, which I think he should be able to. Then we have Asplund, Bailey, Baptiste, Fasching, Pu to fill in those X's.

Let's just pray that McCabe and Guhle both become bonafide top four defenceman, Risto turns into a true #1 and Antipin is legit.

McCabe-Risto
Guhle-Antipin

Maybe under Housley's tutelage, that'll be good enough.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I get this feeling that Botts and Housley are going to make a big play for Shattenkirk. Fits Housley's system to a tee and they can try to sell him on being the number 1 dman here and letting Risto breath on the 2nd pair. Then you try to move Bogo.

Not saying they will land him but I think he will be the target.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
So, here's where we're at post expansion/first round:

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart
Ennis-O'Reilly-Okposo (quietly solid GF trio)
Foligno-Larsson-Girgensons
Moulson-Rodrigues-Baptiste
Des

Bogo-Risto
Beaulieu-Antipin
Guhle-McCabe
Gorges

Lehner
Ullmark*

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So, here's where we're at post expansion/first round:

Kane-Eichel-Reinhart
Ennis-O'Reilly-Okposo (quietly solid GF trio)
Foligno-Larsson-Girgensons
Moulson-Rodrigues-Baptiste
Des

Bogo-Risto
Beaulieu-Antipin
Guhle-McCabe
Gorges

Lehner
Ullmark*

After seeing ROR play really well at wing at the World Championships, I'd love to be able to move Sam to centre. We're not currently deep enough to roll 3C.

16-17:

ROR-Eichel-Baptiste
Kane-Reinhart-Okposo
Foligno-ERod-Girgensons
Ennis-Girgensons-Moulson

McCabe-Risto
Beaulieu-Antipin
Gorges-Bogosian

17-18:

ROR-Eichel-Baptiste
Nylander-Reinhart-Okposo

McCabe-Risto
Beaulieu-Antipin
Guhle-Bogosian

Whenever Mittlestadt is ready, is when we can start going three centers deep.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Remember when we were all excite we finally got centers: grigs and girgensons

I made this same point today. Wow things have changed.

Although I firmly believe we just drafted Eichel's future winger.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I assumed that report was his agent trying to drive up his money on the Rangers from the word go.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Brayden Schenn is way closer to David Perron than Phil Kessel, what a uniquely awful deal.

I don't think either player is a good barometer... but St Louis crushed that deal.

They got a 55-60 point 25 year old center for essentially Reaves, Lehtera, 2nd, and a conditional 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad