Roster Speculation 2017-18 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Wow. Many, and I mean many, over value Reinhart a bit.

I'd do a Reinhart deal, if the trade involved a young LW (age 20-24) and a defenseman (3/4 caliber potential).

The LW would have to be someone like Galchanyuk, but if a deal helps fill long term needs, fits Jacks LW need and opens up moving Kane, I'd definitely be interested.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

I'd do a Reinhart deal, if the trade involved a young LW (age 20-24) and a defenseman (3/4 caliber potential).

The LW would have to be someone like Galchanyuk, but if a deal helps fill long term needs, fits Jacks LW need and opens up moving Kane, I'd definitely be interested.

Or maybe you're undervaluing Reinhart...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

The Sabres don't need to open anything up to move Kane. Just move him.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
The Sabres don't need to open anything up to move Kane. Just move him.

True, they dont. But what is your plan? To slot a couple of the young kids with RH shots on LW? I don't have confidence that will work out very well, if, that's your plan.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
They have two good defenseman, both of whom are aging rapidly, no center depth, and Price is overrated af.

This deal ****ing sucks for the Habs unless Drouin is the significantly better player.
It's a deal that is going to cause them to have to make even more deals in the next few months. It really didn't accomplish anything for them. It's almost like Bergevin randomly picked a team he could help out with the expansion draft and decided to make a deal.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Sam has become the most over rated player on these forums by Sabre fans... By a long way.

And I rate him.

If you can move him for the right defensive addition you have to do it IMO.

If the deal also includes the ideal winger for Jack... It's a no brainer.

I'd move him for the brodin+nono package in a second though I'm sure many here wouldn't...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Reinhart was like... literally the only net positive player on team coached by a guy who seemed to hate him. Think about that for a second.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Signing guys like Beauchemin and Girardi would be making it too easy for Guhle to make the team out of camp.

I don't think Botteril is interested in aging defensmen. Also, neither of those two can skate particularly well. Which is crucial part of Sabres identity going forward.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's a deal that is going to cause them to have to make even more deals in the next few months. It really didn't accomplish anything for them. It's almost like Bergevin randomly picked a team he could help out with the expansion draft and decided to make a deal.

...for a Quebecois guy. That will always remain a thing in Montreal and it looks like it was there again. I do wonder if Price's time has come there and he gets shipped out too.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Yea. This exercise is cute and all, but I'll keep Lehner on a 3-4 year deal that's reasonable, smart, and doesn't hinder his tradeability if it comes to that.

As the team around him improves, he will too. Like 95% of goalies do.

I think given to Botts Lehner was not his guy I see more likely a 1 yr deal ...Buffalo still has an additional RFA year after that.

It also opens the door to sign Petersen. I think he may be deterred if Buffalo has a 4 yr contract on a goalie than if they just had a 1 yr and then see how they play next year.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I heard Housley's press conference, and his interview with Schopp and Bulldog - mentions Sabres players, not a mention of Reinhart and the same for Botterill, the only time he's mentioned Sam's name was answering a question directly about him as a winger or center at his own press conference when he was named GM.

he mentioned Ennis and Moulson again with Schopp, 'Moulson is a 20 goal scorer that was on the 4th line ...... Ennis is so exciting ...... incredible' :sarcasm:

i haven't heard a coach pump Ennis and Moulson's tires since ...

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I dont think a quarter, and three dimes gets us a dollar bill.

I don't think your getting a guaranteed dollar.

And who is giving up a big piece for that pick?

I have a hard time believing that pick gets Dallas a stasny level player, or even shattenkirk.

I think several quality depth guys and some lottery tickets is a good haul if they want players to help them win next year.

If they want to take a chance on a more developed prospect, then ya maybe someone gives them a nylander type.

Who is giving up a dollar, or 75cent piece for 3rd overall this year.

We are not talking about super prospects at that pick compared to other years where a marner, Jones, hanifin, drouin level guy is waiting.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
That's ridiculous, it doesn't cost all those assets to move up 5 spots in a weak draft to pick a non-guaranteed top prospect.

Your offer is basically a bunch of nothings, a crap contract and a decent third liner for the 3rd overall pick.

Maybe if we're lucky and they think Bogosian has some upside left, but he is a capdump and even at a discount he has barely any value.

Borgen is not a prospect that moves the needle, Girgs just hasn't been as good as he can be so not a lot of value there. And a 2nd round pick in a not so deep draft, isn't going to convince anybody to do the trade.

8th overall + our 2nd + something else may keep em on the phone.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I heard Housley's press conference, and his interview with Schopp and Bulldog - mentions Sabres players, not a mention of Reinhart and the same for Botterill, the only time he's mentioned Sam's name was answering a question directly about him as a winger or center at his own press conference when he was named GM.

he mentioned Ennis and Moulson again with Schopp, 'Moulson is a 20 goal scorer that was on the 4th line ...... Ennis is so exciting ...... incredible' :sarcasm:

i haven't heard a coach pump Ennis and Moulson's tires since ...

Nolan7RESIZED.jpg

Under this man, Moulson was about as productive at 5on5 as Eichel and Reinhart have been under Bylsma.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Your offer is basically a bunch of nothings, a crap contract and a decent third liner for the 3rd overall pick.

Maybe if we're lucky and they think Bogosian has some upside left, but he is a capdump and even at a discount he has barely any value.

Borgen is not a prospect that moves the needle, Girgs just hasn't been as good as he can be so not a lot of value there. And a 2nd round pick in a not so deep draft, isn't going to convince anybody to do the trade.

8th overall + our 2nd + something else may keep em on the phone.

I'm open to adding, but you jumped an entire level. I think multiple picks gets you close. Or perhaps asplund as another center prospect.

And we probably don't agree on draft philosophy, because I'm trying to get 3 to have two lotto tickets, not get my choice of only one.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I wonder if the way the Sabres look at Kulikov has completely changed......or if the way Kulikov now looks at the Sabres has changed. To me it seems like Kulikov could really blossom under Housley.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I'm far from the biggest Reinhart fan... but saying he's a 50 point guy is selling him short. He's only 21

I'm only going off what I've seen so far.
After all, playing with Eichel and O'Reilly, I expected more.
Yes, its only an opinion. But, we have ROR and Jack, I don't see Sam moving to center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad