Roster Speculation 2017-18 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm only going off what I've seen so far.
After all, playing with Eichel and O'Reilly, I expected more.
Yes, its only an opinion. But, we have ROR and Jack, I don't see Sam moving to center.

O'Reilly and Reinhart dominate the ice when they play together.

Eichel has been getting dominated for 2 years when he doesn't have Reinhart on his wing.

:help:

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
O'Reilly and Reinhart dominate the ice when they play together.

Eichel has been getting dominated for 2 years when he doesn't have Reinhart on his wing.

:help:

So your saying Reinhart is the key to Ryan and Jacks success?
Hold on a second........

Buhahahahaha.......buhahahahahahaha.......no, really......buhahahahahahahahaha

Ok, let me catch my breathe for a moment..........

For a moment there, I could have sworn you were implying Reinhart is the key to the kingdom.......even though he didn't play with ROR at the most recent WC.

Well then, thank God we have Reinhart, without him, these chumps would be really bad, like not making it out of the bottom 10 bad......

Buhahahahahaha

Over valuing, living it, blindly.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I guess 2 years of the best line on the team being the one Reinhart is on is still not enough to convince some people of his impact because he doesn't dangle enough.

Oh well, I'll just start gathering the crow. We'll need a LOT.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I guess 2 years of the best line on the team being the one Reinhart is on is still not enough to convince some people of his impact because he doesn't dangle enough.

Not with the conclusions you're drawing we won't.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

Been watching and playing hockey for 46 years now. Crows not on the menu.

If, and yes, merely an if. But if this team wants to garner an impact player or 2 in an effort to climb out of the basement, Reinhart is the one to move. Long before ROR or Jack. That's just reality.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
If you're defending Jack Eichel's performance over the past two seasons while shading Reinhart, delete your account.

I have not seen 1 post from those (including myself) defending Jack. What I have seen, and spoken myself on, is players value on the current roster combined with opinions on what would improve the team overall.

I stated I felt Sam would be a 50 point player, and there's no shame in that. Some seasons he may go 57, some 43, the statement was made averaging, not 50 season by season. But then, once you take the blinders off, you realize this. That being said, there are those of us who believe the team could do better.

Now, is that opinion? Sure it is. But you reap what you sow. A comment like "I don't even know why I bother" without asking the merits of why deserves a little chiding. At least in my "opinion".

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I have not seen 1 post from those (including myself) defending Jack. What I have seen, and spoken myself on, is players value on the current roster combined with opinions on what would improve the team overall.

I stated I felt Sam would be a 50 point player, and there's no shame in that. Some seasons he may go 57, some 43, the statement was made averaging, not 50 season by season. But then, once you take the blinders off, you realize this. That being said, there are those of us who believe the team could do better.

Now, is that opinion? Sure it is. But you reap what you sow. A comment like "I don't even know why I bother" without asking the merits of why deserves a little chiding. At least in my "opinion".
50-55 point player is good in the NHL these days, thats what so many of you fail to see.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I can see it clear as day. Next season Reinhart gets 60+ points but some people will shun it because he only got 42 in his rookie season and is still a 50 point guy.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
50-55 point player is good in the NHL these days, thats what so many of you fail to see.

Your dodging. The team could do better was clearly stated.

In not a Reinhart hater if your wondering. This had everything to do with improving the team. Its perfectly ok if others disagree, but jeez, post an opinion, get kicked in the ass for it, then chide a bit for the opinion and all of sudden its blasphemy lol

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Sam Reinhart, when developed, is going to average about 10% more points than he did when we had zero skaters in the top 90 for ES scoring rate.

You guys are definitely looking at this rationally and not emotionally invested in defending a dumbass opinion.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Playing on an above average 5on5 offense (not even top 10) should by itself give Reinhart 5 more points. Then another 5 points from normalized sh%. That's an easily achievable 10 point increase for Reinhart without improving and without increasing his PP role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad