Roster Speculation 2017-18 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
From what I can gather people don't like Lehner much and would like to see him traded...but also don't care if Ullmark goes in expansion...even though Petersen is bolting too.

****...if they get their way and we just have no goalies Tocchet is going to have an easy time figuring out who to bet on.

so its really hard to bring 2 goalies in?

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Trade Lehner and sign Mason maybe?

ppl will **** on Mason but his 2013-2016 numbers are much better than Lehner's, where Mason outplayed his teammates and Lehner lost that battle.

https://public.tableau.com/shared/C8NHQHYKZ?:display_count=no

Last season their numbers look pretty much identical. If you can get an asset out of that switch and Mason comes at reasonable contract, I'm open to it.

https://public.tableau.com/shared/HS6R94PQ4?:display_count=no

It is definitely not my personal preferred option simply because in terms of goaltending quality it is kind of sideways move. I really want us to try getting Grubauer and run him as 1A with another young and cheap goalie as 1B (Ullmark or similar replacement if he's gone to Vegas). If he can carry starting load Grubauer will be a great goalie.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea. This exercise is cute and all, but I'll keep Lehner on a 3-4 year deal that's reasonable, smart, and doesn't hinder his tradeability if it comes to that.

As the team around him improves, he will too. Like 95% of goalies do.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Oh lawdy the annual "Patrick Kane to Buffalo" rumors have started from the sourceless Twitter-hack rumor mongers. We really should set a clock to it.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Oh lawdy the annual "Patrick Kane to Buffalo" rumors have started from the sourceless Twitter-hack rumor mongers. We really should set a clock to it.

It will happen, P Kane will be 39 though and playing 4th line minutes.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
I'm excited to see if Jack Eichel becomes a true superstar this year.

I expect him to really explode this year, I expect the whole team to be on another level mainly to his, Reinharts and Ristos growths. It's going to be a fun ride.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
No, as you can get relatively good goalies for a cheap... now that also hits Lehners value of course but replacements will be cheap too.

How does the expansion draft affect that at all?

I would think that needing to have 62 NHL goalies instead of 60 makes it harder, and not easier, to find goalies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I expect him to really explode this year, I expect the whole team to be on another level mainly to his, Reinharts and Ristos growths. It's going to be a fun ride.

Hopefully, they all take that next step and become leaders on this team.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
How does the expansion draft affect that at all?

I would think that needing to have 62 NHL goalies instead of 60 makes it harder, and not easier, to find goalies.

They can be had for cheap either from Vegas or from their team as good NHL goalies are an easier target in ezpansion than good skaters.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas

On FB yesterday I saw Kane for #8, Nylander, Reinhart and the rights to Girgensons. :laugh:

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Beauchemin wasn't all that good five years ago, let alone now that he's 37. Getting bought out by the team with the worst defense in the NHL doesn't exactly inspire confidence either. Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad