Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part X

Status
Not open for further replies.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Kinda pointless to speculate, but just going off of what we have in place...

Kane - Ennis - Hodgson
Moulson - Eichel - Gionta
Foligno - Girgensons - Grigorenko
Deslauriers - Larsson - Reinhart

Gorges - Ristolainen
Weber - Pysyk
Zadorov - Ruhwedel

Lindback

I'm more excited about what Murray will do post-draft than anything else. It's already a given we have Eichel, just start the wheeling and dealing.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Just roll with the forwards and bring Rej back!

Kane-Eichel-Hodgson
Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis
Larsson-Reinhart-Gionta
Foligno-Grigorenko-Deslauriers/anyone

Sekera-Bogosian
Gorges-Ristolainen
Zadorov-Pysyk
Weber

Anyone
Anyone

Grigorenko will not be here if he is on the 4th line. NO WAY, he has progressed and has scored in 2 of the last 3 games and let's not forget. Darcy ruined his development and rushed him after he scored 45 goals as a 17 year old in the Q. He was rushed, we begined a MAJOR REBUILD. The saviour Tim Murray was brought in. He got us Reinhart, McEichel, And Evander Kane. And has made great trades and really did the right thing.

Grigorenko will be playing with actual talent next year. Id play him with Larsson and Gionta. 15 Mins a night with an incredible core of McEichel, Reinhart,Girgensoms, Kane, Ennis etc.

We are in much better shape now than we've been in a very long time and the suffering was worth every painful loss. Grigorenko is breaking camp in a top 9 role next year. He deserves one shot with a great team

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Cody Hodgson + Nicholas Baptiste + _____ for Dion Phaneuf (2M retained)

Late 1st + Grigorenko + _______ for Ryan O'Reilly

Roll three scoring lines:

Kane - O'Reilly - Larsson
Eichel - Girgensons - Gionta
Moulson - Reinhart - Ennis
Foligno - "Stoll" - Deslauriers
Fasching

Phaneuf - Ristolainen
Gorges - Bogosian
Weber - Pysyk
Zadorov, McCabe

UFA
Lindback

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Cody Hodgson + Nicholas Baptiste + _____ for Dion Phaneuf (2M retained)

Late 1st + Grigorenko + _______ for Ryan O'Reilly

Roll three scoring lines:

Kane - O'Reilly - Larsson
Eichel - Girgensons - Gionta
Moulson - Reinhart - Ennis
Foligno - "Stoll" - Deslauriers
Fasching

Phaneuf - Ristolainen
Gorges - Bogosian
Weber - Pysyk
Zadorov, McCabe

UFA
Lindback

Helllllllllllll no

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I hope Murray is putting #31 and the Isles 1st on the table to acquire a proven and fully developed top 6 winger under the age of 26. We have enough 2nd round caliber prospects. If we can't move up into the 11-16 range by trading a combo of NYI 1st,#31 and NYI 2nd then I hope he moves them for proven talent. We got the pieces in place and are only guaranteed to have Evander Kane for 3 seasons. Let's accelerate this last place team and try to compete for a wild card spot. With Eichel, Reinhart and Kane being added to this team along with hopefully a legit #1 goalie I think 80-90 points is possible with an outside shot of a WC spot.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
He will turn his career around when he gets the hell out of that mess. Just like Jeff Petry, Beauchemin etc.

If someone offered me Elisha Cuthbert as compensation for allowing Dion Phaneuf to skate for the Sabres, off waivers and for free...I'd feel bad for the rest of you for making the deal.

He's turrible.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007

Kane - Ennis - Hodgson

Gorges - Ristolainen
Weber - Pysyk
Zadorov - Ruhwedel

Lindback

I'm more excited about what Murray will do post-draft than anything else. It's already a given we have Eichel, just start the wheeling and dealing.

Ennis at center and Hodgson on the first line? Good God No.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA

Helllllllllllll no

Is that adamance because of the contract? Or do you hate Finuf as a player?

If he was cheaper, the talk around him would be different.

That price, that fan base, that letter on your left front chest.... You're getting Landry Clark's Band Name'd by the media and fans alike.

Lambasted

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I hope Murray is putting #31 and the Isles 1st on the table to acquire a proven and fully developed top 6 winger under the age of 26. We have enough 2nd round caliber prospects. If we can't move up into the 11-16 range by trading a combo of NYI 1st,#31 and NYI 2nd then I hope he moves them for proven talent. We got the pieces in place and are only guaranteed to have Evander Kane for 3 seasons. Let's accelerate this last place team and try to compete for a wild card spot. With Eichel, Reinhart and Kane being added to this team along with hopefully a legit #1 goalie I think 80-90 points is possible with an outside shot of a WC spot.

I hope Murray packages those picks in a trade up. Konecny or Werenski.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I hope Murray packages those picks in a trade up. Konecny or Werenski.

I don't see packaging #17 (for speculation's sake) and #31 for either of those players. Konecny in particular has been talked about as being available at #17 without trading up.

#2 - Eichel
#17 - Konecny
#31 - Kylington

Not the most likely scenario, I'll grant, but if it plays out that would be an amazing first three picks.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
With Hammond emerging in Ottawa I have a feeling we may be seeing Lehner in Buffalo next year.

That or a trade with the Hawks for Raanta would be a nice addition, maybe with a Patrick Sharp.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
I don't see packaging #17 (for speculation's sake) and #31 for either of those players. Konecny in particular has been talked about as being available at #17 without trading up.

#2 - Eichel
#17 - Konecny
#31 - Kylington

Not the most likely scenario, I'll grant, but if it plays out that would be an amazing first three picks.

Islanders already have 100 points. At best there are 5 teams that can't catch them. Calgary and Winnipeg from the west. Pittsburgh, Ottawa, Boston from the east. Detroit has 98, but would lose the ROW tiebreaker. Vancouver has 99, and holds the ROW heading into the final game 41 to 40.

Hopefully 1, 2, 3 or 4 of these teams make the CF, but right now isles pick would be 20.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I hope we're patient and don't try to rush the last stretch of the rebuild. Don't really want to trade this years picks, would rather spend 2016, 2017 ones instead.

I'd be happy if we could sign Vermette to a disgustingly expensive short-term contract.
Would be nice to have a shut-down first line;
Kane-Vermette-Girgs

It would allow McEichel to get easier minutes.

I think we should start Reinhart in AHL next year unless he really impresses during camp.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Eichel or McDavid, Kane, Reinhart so far added to this team next year. Plus add Pysyk and McCabe on the blue line. Perhaps a UFA or a trade and we might see the playoffs.

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ

Kane - Ennis - Hodgson

Gorges - Ristolainen
Weber - Pysyk
Zadorov - Ruhwedel

Lindback

Regarding the bold-faced, I'd bet money that:
1. Hodgson and Grigorenko won't be in the organization come September.
2. Larsson and Reinhart will both be in the top 9, not 4th liners.
3. McCabe will win a roster spot in camp ahead of Zadorov, which will probably make Murray happy so Zadorov can mature and develop in Rochester like Risto and Pysyk did. According to Cassidy, McCabe has really evolved nicely this season.

Also, you omitted Bogosian - I assume that was a mistake and you see him as an obvious upgrade over Ruhwedel. ;)

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
What's reverse about it?

He's got offers from multiple businesses and he's going to check out the facilities/local area/whatever? God forbid an athlete treats his profession like the job it actually is...

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Barring a trade/addition in the off-season...

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons
Moulson/Foligno - Reinhart - Ennis
Foligno/Moulson - Grigorenko - Gionta
McCormick - Larsson - Hodgson/Deslaurier

That top line! Wow, all three guys are 6'2", 200+ lbs, can skate like the wind, can forecheck, backcheck, huge skill, possession players. That is domination.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Without a trade or UFA signing (besides our own) this is kind of what I have envisioned.

Girgensons - McEichel - ????

Come on, he's the superstar, we're penciling him on the first line and he's getting the Z Man.

Kane - Reinhart - ????
Kane is the driver of the line.

Moulson - Grigerenko - Ennis
******* it give the kid solid mates, put him in a position to succeed.

Foligno - Larrson - Des
I see Larrson up and down the lineup, PK...where ever he is needed. This is an awesome 4th line.

Gionta - I don't care about.
Hodgson - I don't care about.

To me that leaves 2 openings, one of which could be filled with one of the above but this is my framework for the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad