Roster Speculation 2014-2015, Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
If I had a nickel for every time someone said that in a similar situation....

A similar situation to 10 defenseman the roster when 4 of them don't need to clear waivers? Can't say I recall a similar situation.

On top of that, we have the most reliable insiders talking about interest in our no. 1. There is A LOT of smoke.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
There has to be a trade coming.

I disagree with this premise. Zadorov is getting free (Not counting against ELC contract) NHL coaching which is why he's here. Pysyk and McCabe are injured. Strachan is the 7th. In the next few weeks, Pysyk will be activated - as a result, Strachan will be waived. Next, McCabe will be activated, at which point I think Zadorov gets sent down to London. McCabe will get a brief (depending on play) taste of the NHL, and then he'll be sent to Rochester.

The top 7 will be
Myers-Gorges
Risto-Weber
Pysysk-Benoit/Mez

Not only wouldn't I read too much into 10 D, but I'd say that even if there is a trade involving a D man, a D man will be coming back. Just my opinion, but I don't think the trades will start coming down until January at the earliest.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
A similar situation to 10 defenseman the roster when 4 of them don't need to clear waivers? Can't say I recall a similar situation.

On top of that, we have the most reliable insiders talking about interest in our no. 1. There is A LOT of smoke.

A similar situation where a roster situation (excess at one position, a guy getting scratched, weird line combos, etc.) led to people saying that a trade was coming and nothing of the sort happened.

I'd throw in a guy getting more ice time or better linemates than people expected and then there is talk that the guy is getting showcased for a deal and he sticks around a lot longer.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' power plays: Stafford-Moulson-Ennis, with Hodgson-Myers; and Gionta-Stewart-Girgensons, with Benoit-Meszaros.

Can't remember if Hodgson has played the point before. His shot could be deadly from there.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Zads - OHL
Benoit- Waivers
McCabe- AHL

I really fail to see how its an issue.

Gorges-Myers
Mezaros-Risto
Weber-Pysyk
Strachan

It's an issue because they haven't done any of these things.

For a roster speculation thread, you guys are a bunch of wet blankets. It's supposed to be fun thinking about trade possibilities.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
there goes the whole "they've been waiting for Pysyk to be healthy to play Zadorov" theory...

I prefer this tweet. :sarcasm:

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' first defense work features Gorges-Myers, Weber-Strachan, Benoit-Meszaros, McCabe-Ristolainen, with Zadorov and Pysyk rotating in.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Well if we want to speculate lets go off the speculation from some London posters that Hunter didn't want Zadorov back in London which is why he said 3 months ago Nikita would be in Buffalo this year.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I disagree with this premise. Zadorov is getting free (Not counting against ELC contract) NHL coaching which is why he's here. Pysyk and McCabe are injured. Strachan is the 7th. In the next few weeks, Pysyk will be activated - as a result, Strachan will be waived. Next, McCabe will be activated, at which point I think Zadorov gets sent down to London. McCabe will get a brief (depending on play) taste of the NHL, and then he'll be sent to Rochester.

The top 7 will be
Myers-Gorges
Risto-Weber
Pysysk-Benoit/Mez

agreed

people are overreacting to rumors and ignoring injuries

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I prefer this tweet. :sarcasm:

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres' first defense work features Gorges-Myers, Weber-Strachan, Benoit-Meszaros, McCabe-Ristolainen, with Zadorov and Pysyk rotating in.

The first three pairs are the tank commander vet oriented defense. The first pair with the 4th and 5th pairings is a possible glimpse of the future.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Let's not read into too much of the trade rumors...Its OTHER teams calling about Myers, NOT Buffalo calling around looking to trade Myers. Buffalo would come out on the winning side if other teams knew teams are asking about him. The asking price would increase.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@BuffNewsVogl: Patrick Kaleta is living on milkshakes and French fries after getting three plates and 14 screws inserted in his face after hit by puck.

Ouch. :help:

I have to imagine this ends his ability to get in fights

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
With Zads sitting...I don't recall if the top of my head what the day limit is on the roster before he burns the First yr of the ELC even if he doesn't do 9 games.

Maybe there are more than just phone calls to the Myers rumors. If they trade Myers they keep Zads up.

An "accrued season" is where a player spends at least 40 games on the roster. A player can become an UFA after 7 accrued seasons.

Interestingly enough, even if Zadorov were on the active roster for 40 games, his ELC will still slide another year if he plays in fewer than 10 games. Obviously that's not a particularly plausible scenario, but the ELC slide is dependent strictly upon games played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad