Speculation: Roster Speculation 15-16, Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It probably was a big reason. But the only person that actually knows why is Gorges.

When your team lets you know they don't want you anymore most guys end up picking somewhere. The first part is the important one. He could do what the Sharks guys did and tell them no...but that's rare.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Couldn't find an area for fantasy related questions?

Anyone have an idea what your starters will be this week?

Some tank games against Montreal and Toronto which should look enticing for a pickup.

Will Johnson get any games?
Is he currently starter and get Montreal & Ottawa?
Or is he the back up and get Toronto?

Any input would be great.

We don't know what Bylsma is going to do from one shift to the next. Lehner will get most of the starts but he might be hurt a little and throw things off.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
cool. so Nash will waive because of ROR.... i mean if players actually waive their hard earned NMC to go to lowly buffalo because of a singular other player :rolleyes:

Murray's been saying it now, players will want to be here.

I'm almost sure he already knows there is some big name scoring wing on his way to Buffalo.

Murray doesn't say something unless he means it.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It's not the worst situation for a scoring winger to say the least.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I go out of my way to avoid watching rags games, is Nash still a peripheral winger that doesn't use his size?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I'm almost sure he already knows there is some big name scoring wing on his way to Buffalo.

Eh... I think Murray says whatever's in his mind at the moment he's asked. He's pretty much the last GM I'd characterize as tight-lipped.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
It probably was a big reason. But the only person that actually knows why is Gorges.

“I wouldn’t say that’s the sole reason … it definitely helped,†Gorges said. “Any time you’re moving teams, situations, now I got a wife and a kid, you think about your family first, too, and not just the transition for me, but for my wife. How’s it going to be on her? And to know that we knew the Giontas very well, she’s very close with his wife, and that would help, that would make the transition a lot easier. So that was one of the reasns.â€

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
“I wouldn’t say that’s the sole reason … it definitely helped,†Gorges said. “Any time you’re moving teams, situations, now I got a wife and a kid, you think about your family first, too, and not just the transition for me, but for my wife. How’s it going to be on her? And to know that we knew the Giontas very well, she’s very close with his wife, and that would help, that would make the transition a lot easier. So that was one of the reasons.â€

Good. Now that's settled

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
His is only 10 teams so it's possible Buffalo isn't on the list, given the high-octane centers he'd get to play alongside.

Nash is Vanek-lite. But if the opportunity cost is low, sure. 2nd rounder(s) or some such, fine.

I think Nash is a far better player than Vanek. Not sure how Nash is a Vanek-lite.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I think Nash is a far better player than Vanek. Not sure how Nash is a Vanek-lite.

As in they're both goal scorers/finishers and not much else. Doesn't mean their playing styles are the same, but they both fill that same role on a given team.

At least I think that was his point.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
As in they're both goal scorers/finishers and not much else. Doesn't mean their playing styles are the same, but they both fill that same role on a given team.

At least I think that was his point.

Just find it odd that Nash would be called the lite version of Vanek. It's the other way around to me. Nash does everything Vanek ever did but better.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010

Patrick Marleau anyone? He has speed and would be a nice compliment on the wing with Eichel & Reinhart.

Would cost what, a couple 2nd's? Something similar to the original Nash deal proposed on the main boards.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Outside of hitting? Not really.
That's some blasphemous ****.

Nash is thrice the defensive player Vanek was, and while his offensive output is in flux, he's been a consistent doer of the little things for the Rangers. He'd be a Hossa-esque acquisition.

Rick Nash doesn't score in the playoffs because he's the #1 scoring option on a good but not great team. Sidney Crosby doesn't evven score in the playoffs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's some blasphemous ****.

Nash is thrice the defensive player Vanek was, and while his offensive output is in flux, he's been a consistent doer of the little things for the Rangers. He'd be a Hossa-esque acquisition.

Rick Nash doesn't score in the playoffs because he's the #1 scoring option on a good but not great team. Sidney Crosby doesn't evven score in the playoffs.

Perhaps I'm too attached to the lazy ass bum I saw squandering himself on the Jackets. Perhaps Ranger Nash is better than Jacket Nash. He still leaves a bad taste in my mouth as an occasional player.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Like many have said, not a Nash fan, but he'd admittedly be a good fit if the cost isn't much. That said, even if it turns into just lots of minor assets (a couple seconds + a B prospect), while that doesn't hurt to give up, I also wonder if perhaps those assets would be better spent elsewhere (such as on a LD version of Nash).

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
Outside of hitting? Not really.

I do think that Nash is a lot more well-rounded player than Vanek.

He has been a regular penalty killer in Rangers and in overall his two-way game is way above Vanek's (Vanek's defensive game was non-existent while Nash's is actually pretty good). Nash's GA60 numbers have been pretty good in Rangers despite his tough match-upping.

Nash absolutely would be a real good add, and his horrid contract doesn't really mean anything for us.

The only question is that would he be willing to come to Buffalo. If he would be willing, he could be had for a really low cost (see Patrick Sharp).

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I have no qualms with Nash.

Personally, I'd much rather pitch the forward UFAs (Stamkos, Erikkson, etc) and use the assets to go after a d-man or two. The UFA D-man pool is getting shallower by the day.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I have the feeling that sticking with Ennis is a better option than trading for Nash.

http://public.tableau.com/shared/C66H4J9XN?:display_count=yes

Ennis is $3M per cheaper and the numbers aren't hugely different.

I wonder how badly the Rangers want the cap space? Ennis for Nash straight up would be intriguing.

I don't think Ennis/Nash would be an either/or scenario

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Nash-Eichel-Reinhart

Would be your top 6 forwards.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
How perfect would Ivan Provorov look on our blueline next year? never gonna happen tho.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
How perfect would Ivan Provorov look on our blueline next year? never gonna happen tho.

I do wonder if a Philly LHD shakes free, though, even if it's not Provorov. The Flyers also have Morin, Sanheim and Hagg on the left side (in addition to Ghost).

I'd imagine Morin and Hagg are the ones more likely to be available, but I would love if one of Provorov or Sanheim shook loose (both would cost a pretty penny to acquire though so it's moot).

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I don't think Ennis/Nash would be an either/or scenario

Kane-O'Reilly-Ennis
Nash-Eichel-Reinhart

Would be your top 6 forwards.

The thing is that you are then tying up a ton of cap up front and you still have the big needs at LHD.

We also have the unknown about how ZG looks with 15 & 23 down the stretch. He might actually be a better fit on that line than Nash would be.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I do wonder if a Philly LHD shakes free, though, even if it's not Provorov. The Flyers also have Morin, Sanheim and Hagg on the left side (in addition to Ghost).

I'd imagine Morin and Hagg are the ones more likely to be available, but I would love if one of Provorov or Sanheim shook loose (both would cost a pretty penny to acquire though so it's moot).

They have to be viewing Ghost and Provorov as their 1-2 LHD combo moving forward unless they are super impatient.

They have one more year of Streit and MDZ and then their deals come off the books.

Not sure what Hagg will really end up being. It's not like he took a step forward in his 2nd AHL season this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad