Speculation: Roster Speculation 15-16, Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Don't see Silfverberg. Cognliano--sure. Stoner---nobody will take him for free.

nonsense. I mean, i get it... it's a lazy way to deal with the hole in your argument.

I agree Lindholm wont be moved.

I disagree on Fowler. He has 2 seasons then he is a UFA (In 2 seasons Theodore is done with his ELC). Fowler is on a nice deal now---but to resign him will likely cost $7M+.

If they give Lindholm a high cap hit, and have Depres at $4M, then Theodore behind them on an ELC. If you resign Fowler you are looking at $16M+ in the 3 LHD---$16M for 3 LHD is too much to be spending given a low $70Ms cap.

and Anaheim will be trying to win a cup in those 2 years, at the end of which Perry/Getzlaf will be 33 years old.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Custance wrote an article about what the GM's of Edmonton, Toronto, and Buffalo are looking for at this time of year (Insider):

On using draft picks as trade bait:

On free agency:

http://espn.go.com/blog/craig-custance/insider/post?id=7312

Not a cause for concern or anything, but I wish he were talking about our needs on the back end when he's reaching for hypotheticals here, not scoring wingers.

Frankly, the question I want him to answer most is "what do you perceive to be the biggest team need right now, and what can you do to address it in the offseason?" If he says anything other than LHD -- well, you'd at least like to know. We can spin our wheels all day thinking about what we need to do to fix the defense, but until I hear him say it, I'm not sure Murray even considers it his priority.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Nash's contract length is pretty perfect for where we are.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
His production fell sharply this year and he's dealt with injury. And yet he'd still be on pace for 55+ points per 82 games this season.

Goal scoring fell by half though. 42 last year...on pace for 21 if he played 82 this year.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
His production fell sharply this year and he's dealt with injury. And yet he'd still be on pace for 55+ points per 82 games this season.

Goal scoring fell by half though. 42 last year...on pace for 21 if he played 82 this year.
Shooting % way below normal

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I could see a guy like him reviving here. That being said, given the needs of the team, he's a tertiary move.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Nash is almost perfect for us next year. Scoring winger, decent age, not over the hill, etc

You think the mega center New York City wants the marque free agent Stamkos????

It would make sense, get younger in Stamkos, get rid of Nash, and move on with a new superstar.....to me it would make sense for Rangers.

I'd take Nash for a low cost deal

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Nash's contract length is pretty perfect for where we are.

Agreed.

I have very little interest in adding a big forward contract... but if there is a 2 year guy out there, we should definitely be interested.

On a list of "all stars I have disliked a lot over the years", Nash is probably in the top 5... but even with that said, I'd look in to this type of move for sure... with 2 caveats:

1. The trade cost is minimal (we are taking on a burdensome contract, that very few teams can eat nearly whole for NY)
2. The trade does nothing to prevent us in pursuit of multiple LHD whether due to cap space or assets.

I really don't like Nash... but i could live with it in the 2 year window,.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Nash is a proven goal scorer. He would be excellent for 2 years, if like Jame said, the cost is minimal to acquire

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Well his team is going to want to move him...which doesn't always mean they comply but usually not being wanted makes most guys not want to stay. As For why Buffalo...I don't know. Playing with Eichel isn't exactly waiving to play with Derek Roy and I think he's from southern Ontario. Not every team can take his cap hit so his options won't be vast. Maybe he wouldn't. Maybe he'd see that his production should be good and a young team with talent isn't the worst idea and would. No sense in not finding out.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why is Nash waiving his NMC to go to Buffalo?

His is only 10 teams so it's possible Buffalo isn't on the list, given the high-octane centers he'd get to play alongside.

Nash is Vanek-lite. But if the opportunity cost is low, sure. 2nd rounder(s) or some such, fine.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Agreed.

I have very little interest in adding a big forward contract... but if there is a 2 year guy out there, we should definitely be interested.

On a list of "all stars I have disliked a lot over the years", Nash is probably in the top 5... but even with that said, I'd look in to this type of move for sure... with 2 caveats:

1. The trade cost is minimal (we are taking on a burdensome contract, that very few teams can eat nearly whole for NY)
2. The trade does nothing to prevent us in pursuit of multiple LHD whether due to cap space or assets.

I really don't like Nash... but i could live with it in the 2 year window,.

That's the big one.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
cool. so Nash will waive because of ROR.... i mean if players actually waive their hard earned NMC to go to lowly buffalo because of a singular other player :rolleyes:

It probably was a big reason. But the only person that actually knows why is Gorges.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
His is only 10 teams so it's possible Buffalo isn't on the list, given the high-octane centers he'd get to play alongside.

Nash is Vanek-lite. But if the opportunity cost is low, sure. 2nd rounder(s) or some such, fine.

His NMC moves to a full NTC after this season. I don't know when that actually kicks in, though.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
His NMC moves to a full NTC after this season. I don't know when that actually kicks in, though.

It's pretty common (if not standard) that clauses like that kick in July 1st or whatever the first day of free agency is, I think? I would assume the same

Lust4LEAFS

London Knights Scout
Jan 28, 2011
London, ON
Couldn't find an area for fantasy related questions?

Anyone have an idea what your starters will be this week?

Some tank games against Montreal and Toronto which should look enticing for a pickup.

Will Johnson get any games?
Is he currently starter and get Montreal & Ottawa?
Or is he the back up and get Toronto?

Any input would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad