Roster Speculation 15-16, Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Slight change of gears here, but McKenzie had this article out a few days ago:

"Taking stock of the U.S. college free agent class"

With the holiday shopping season upon us, is there anyone currently who you'd like to see the Sabres bidding on out of the guys in the article?

Well, we should obviously pay extra attention to the wingers and left dmen. Poturalski is local so maybe that helps.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Slight change of gears here, but McKenzie had this article out a few days ago:

"Taking stock of the U.S. college free agent class"

With the holiday shopping season upon us, is there anyone currently who you'd like to see the Sabres bidding on out of the guys in the article?

The Spink twins weren't listed in the article but for some reason Borkowski was, they've both always been better players.

A little on the small side though and come as a package a la Sedins, both competitve and absolutely tore the CCHL apart when they played in Cornwall. Ottawa-area boys though and Murray has always seemed to pick a couple up every year.

Both went to Detroit's rookie camp but are still unsigned to the best of my knowledge.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Have a feeling the Sabres are about to go on a nice run here. The lines have finally come together IMO.

Big test vs Chicago.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I expect Ennis will move off that line, back on it, to the fourth, to the third, etc.

Only things that have shown any sign of stability is Eichel-Kane (for no reason) and ROR-Reinhart (only intelligent lineup move this season). And even those units, I wouldn't be able to wager on them if you asked me to project 3 games out.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I'd like to see this lineup when totally healthy..

Ennis-RoR-Eichel
Kane-Reinhart-McGinn
Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta
Foligno-Legwand-Deslauriers/Larsson

Eichel needs to be on RoRs wing, period. It kickstarted Reinharts season and it could do the same to jack. And I would like to see Reinhart back at center and see if he can carry over his success at wing back to his natural position.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Check out the "Trading Johansen FAQ" that a CBJ fan did on the trade board. If they want the defenseman equivalent of RyJo--young, established 1st pairing guy--there's probably like 5-10 of those in the league, and we aren't trading ours (Risto). I don't think Bogo + Girgs + 2017 1st would even get it done. Seriously.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1993703&highlight=faq

Looked over their list, they won't get that deal. I'm not even sure who is on that list, d man with more than 1 big nhl year under 26-27?

Maybe faulk or josi? Dreamland over there in cbj land.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
As disappointing as Ennis had been this season before his injury, I'll take him over Gionta as Eichel's running mate any day. This line might have three guys who all want the puck but at least they -- especially Eichel and Ennis -- can do something with it. I'd prefer Zemgus in place of one of those wingers but I fear we won't be seeing Bylsma trying that any time soon.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
As disappointing as Ennis had been this season before his injury, I'll take him over Gionta as Eichel's running mate any day. This line might have three guys who all want the puck but at least they -- especially Eichel and Ennis -- can do something with it. I'd prefer Zemgus in place of one of those wingers but I fear we won't be seeing Bylsma trying that any time soon.

For sure. Even at his worst, Enzo doesn't kill plays with the efficiency Gionta does. I'm hoping, in his time off, he's pulled his head out of his rear end, because we could really use another legit offensive weapon on wing.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I was going to post the same response verbatim. :(

Murray is the best interview in sports. One of the things he mentioned on a recent appearance is how you need some guys who know their role on the team and are happy to fill it. He mentioned that they can't play thinking they are going to be moved to the first line because that's not their role. He wants people to improve, but not have unrealistic expectations. I think that is how he feels about COR.

However, I'd love to see COR have a bigger role on the Sabres and replace Legwand after this season. The kid is smart, he's a workout demon like his brother, and he's a worker. But on the other hand, maybe it's best for the organization to have him down in Rochester being the same type of role model to the young guys down there that ROR is for the young guys on the Sabres.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I was going to post the same response verbatim. :(

Murray is the best interview in sports. One of the things he mentioned on a recent appearance is how you need some guys who know their role on the team and are happy to fill it. He mentioned that they can't play thinking they are going to be moved to the first line because that's not their role. He wants people to improve, but not have unrealistic expectations. I think that is how he feels about COR.

However, I'd love to see COR have a bigger role on the Sabres and replace Legwand after this season. The kid is smart, he's a workout demon like his brother, and he's a worker. But on the other hand, maybe it's best for the organization to have him down in Rochester being the same type of role model to the young guys down there that ROR is for the young guys on the Sabres.

I'd take CoR in the lineup over foligno for sure

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
He's a 29 year old AHL/NHL tweener. He is what he is, an injury fill in on the bottom lines. Let's not carried away.

Ennis is back and Foligno is close, so he's going back down. It's the NHL version of backup QB syndrome.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
He's a 29 year old AHL/NHL tweener. He is what he is, an injury fill in on the bottom lines. Let's not carried away.

Ennis is back and Foligno is close, so he's going back down. It's the NHL version of backup QB syndrome.

Pretty much. Give it 3 games and people would be calling for his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad