Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022
I mean I'm not happy about losing out to a beatable LA offer.

Doesn't mean what I said was untrue if Jersey or Ottawa really wanted him. Apparently they didn't.
im more upset at the idea we couldn't trade the 13th pick and someone like i dunno Raty for him. Frustrating. 13th is more valuable than 19 but you can't go anywhere with Lou.

Reactions: 12Dog

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
you really expect this team to actually get something to improve the roster?

I don't plan on crying about them not doing it on June 29.

im more upset at the idea we couldn't trade the 13th pick and someone like i dunno Raty for him. Frustrating. 13th is more valuable than 19 but you can't go anywhere with Lou.

Maybe it's the only place Fiala was willing to go and sign. There's more to trades than just looking at the pieces involved.

Reactions: IslesCLT

Rengi

Jan 16, 2007
I don't plan on crying about them not doing it on June 29.

Maybe it's the only place Fiala was willing to go and sign. There's more to trades than just looking at the pieces involved.
Looks like that way... but Brock Faber is also a very good prospect.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Understood on his NTC. I think his value is overstated and I predict declining production in the future. Who would you rather trade that has value and a big enough contract to open up cap room?
Lee is 31 years old so of course there will be an inevitable decline. If Lee can stay healthy I can see him still being productive for another 3 or 4 years.

Bailey, Beauvillier, should both be moved now. Varlamov as a last resort.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like that way... but Brock Faber is also a very good prospect.

NYI could have 'beat' that package on value (in a vacuum), but they probably did not want to commit 8M in cap to Fiala and MIN probably coveted Faber (U of MINN product and native Minnesotan) over someone like Raty, etc.

Time to move onto the next domino...

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I actually don’t see this Fiala contract as an overpayment. Frosberg is supposedly looking for 9M and Gaudreau upwards to 11M. This contract seems inline with the market.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
or not. but the point stands: we need to do something to improve our team

NYI probably didn’t make an offer because once they learned what it would take to extend Fiala they folded their hand.

Why would they make an offer on someone they had no interest in extending?

Reactions: Stercrazy and MJF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad