Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The 2021-22 season is finished, so we'll move to a new thread. Post limits for threads has been removed so we won't be making as many new ones for this upcoming season.

Continue on...

Last post from previous thread:

It'd be tough to move him, sure. That being said, I'm in the camp that wants absolutely nothing to do with moving him.

28 goals coming off major surgery, primarily on the 2nd line, Captain, plants in front of the net. I don't care if he's fast, that's worth 7m in today's NHL (talk to me again in two years).
Attach files

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lee has a NTC for 2 more years thenn it becomes a M-NMC. But I think there are better candidates to be traded now, guys who may not make as much as Lee but are far less productive.

As long as Lee can stay in the 30-35 goal range I think he still has value for the Islanders. I think he still has a couple of 30 goal years left in him.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I missed Lee talk? Anyway, that’s not happening. full NTC. Wish he had gotten five years but he had the team by the balls after missing on Panarin.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I sure as hell hope so, because they are shaping up to be a real problem. They have a lot of really good young talent and adding a dynamic player like Fiala next to Hughes…
Not a huge problem with their goaltending.

A playoff team, yes. But they're not going to go anywhere with Campbell in net.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Lee’s fine, he is a top six forward who can play on the top PP.

Reactions: MJF

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Lee has a NTC for 2 more years thenn it becomes a M-NMC. But I think there are better candidates to be traded now, guys who may not make as much as Lee but are far less productive.

As long as Lee can stay in the 30-35 goal range I think he still has value for the Islanders. I think he still has a couple of 30 goal years left in him.
Understood on his NTC. I think his value is overstated and I predict declining production in the future. Who would you rather trade that has value and a big enough contract to open up cap room?

Reactions: 19 in a row

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
If Lee didn’t have his NTC would you move him for Forsberg? I would. I think Isles top paid forwards need to produce more. Nelson being the exception.
I'm not really sure what you are asking, Forsberg is a UFA.

Are you saying if NYI signed Forsberg would I move Lee to offset the influx of cap?

lafellaesobar

Jun 10, 2022

isles miss out on another quality player they could've gotten if they actually had a prospect or two

Bailey has nothing to do with it.

NJ and Ottawa simply have better tradeable assets than we have if they really want to get Fiala.
or we can get hosed by a team who traded one prospect and a 1st for an 85 point player

Lou, wake up. "if you have time, use it" should be hung up in the bathroom for people taking too long on the toilet, not from a GM.

Reactions: 12Dog

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Fiala to LA. 1st and a prospect. Not a crazy price. Have to pay him now. I don’t think Lou can move our first and a prospect without having a Dmen secured. He needs to address that monster hole on the left side before bringing in a forward.

Last edited:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

isles miss out on another quality player they could've gotten if they actually had a prospect or two

or we can get hosed by a team who traded one prospect and a 1st for an 85 point player

Lou, wake up. "if you have time, use it" should be hung up in the bathroom for people taking too long on the toilet, not from a GM.

I mean I'm not happy about losing out to a beatable LA offer.

Doesn't mean what I said was untrue if Jersey or Ottawa really wanted him. Apparently they didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad