Recalled/Assigned: Roster moves thread 2020-21: 4/26 Chekhovich recalled

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
And false alarm, Paschinuk is back down, so I don't know what the purpose of that was. I thought they might go through Monday's practice and see who they liked best out of the three options if Vlasic can't go, since both Sharks and Barracuda are off today. I'm really starting to hate the taxi squad, honestly.

Korenar and Melnichuk switch places again as well. Melnichuk must have recovered from injury now.

Boughner says Vlasic is out, so Claesson or Jaros seem like the options. I'd like to see Jaros.

Looks like Jaros. Excited to see what he can do.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
For those who have been watching the Cuda, how has Chekhovich looked?

It's a little bit odd on the timing, because his play picked up for a bit and then he's been invisible for the past couple games. Overall though, it's been a step forward from last year. He's not been amazing, but he's been better.

I mean I'll be honest though, if you were to ask me who on this Barracuda team is deserving of a callup, the list wouldn't be very long.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Chekhovich and True back down. Paschinuk remains up.

edit: Confusing transaction wire today. Kellman and Handemark now also listed as AHL bound, while True is listed as sent down, and also sent back up. True only was listed as sent down to AHL this morning.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Barracuda don't play today either, so not much to read into yet, but Chekhovich is back up again.

Karlis Cukste also comes back up from the ECHL to the Cuda.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Couple noteworthy moves today, especially in the goaltending department:

Melnichuk, Kellman, Paschinuk to NHL taxi squad.

Meloche, Handemark, Sawchenko to AHL.

Boughner said Melnichuk would probably get at least a start down the stretch, so here he is.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
5/13 to AHL
Alexei Melnichuk
Brinson Pasichnuk
Ivan Chekhovich
Lean Bergmann
Alex True
Josef Korenar
Joel Kellman

5/14 Dillon Hamaliuk to AHL

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I hope Hamaliuk can develop into a physical high-energy fourth liner for us. God knows we need a version of that kind of player who can skate a regular shift unlike Gabriel/Viel.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I hope Hamaliuk can develop into a physical high-energy fourth liner for us. God knows we need a version of that kind of player who can skate a regular shift unlike Gabriel/Viel.

I'm not holding my breath. I've seen him enough times to feel confident in saying that "high energy" isn't on his list of superlatives.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad