Recalled/Assigned: Roster moves thread 2020-21: 4/26 Chekhovich recalled

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
A few moves today:

Melnichuk, Gallant and DeSimone back to the AHL from the taxi squad. Korenar to the taxi squad.

I didn't notice Gallant was on taxi, that's a little weird. Guess they moved one of their AHL scratches up to taxi just to satisfy minimum roster requirements yesterday.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ive wondered why they dont give him a try. If this team was merit based, Vlasic wouldve been scratched a long time ago.

I'd be happy to run with...

Ferraro-Burns
Knyzhov-Karlsson
Simek-Jaros

Swap Simek and Knyzhov based on who's playing better on any given night. Maybe scratching Vlasic will give them the opportunity to move him a little easier because he'll want out. I'm still for buying him out in a worst case scenario. I'd eat the 10 year hit. If there's only one buyout afforded to the team for whatever reason, I'd use it on Vlasic.

tahoesharksfan

Old Fart
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
The only upside to this season, we're at least giving some of the kids a chance to prove themselves with the big club...

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Ive wondered why they dont give him a try. If this team was merit based, Vlasic wouldve been scratched a long time ago.

I like Jaros a lot, but it's the same with every defenseman we bring up. Unless we're willing to scratch Vlasic, none of our callups will see any ice time.

Only other way is an injury, or Knyzhov having a rough patch. I feel like they'd scratch him in a heartbeat for that.

Reactions: themelkman

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Because in the world we live in we can't afford to bench a 7 million dollar a year contract. Only option with that price tag is to play/trade/buy out. And as of right now only 1 is a viable option.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Because in the world we live in we can't afford to bench a 7 million dollar a year contract. Only option with that price tag is to play/trade/buy out. And as of right now only 1 is a viable option.
Why not? It's cap that's going to be there either way, and if no one will take it, we might as well play someone who actually can add to the roster. Buying Vlasic out is a terrible terrible idea that sounds good in the short term, but will screw us for years.

Reactions: themelkman

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Why not? It's cap that's going to be there either way, and if no one will take it, we might as well play someone who actually can add to the roster. Buying Vlasic out is a terrible terrible idea that sounds good in the short term, but will screw us for years.
The Hawks scratched Seabrook.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Right now its a sunk cost. If the Sharks have six defensemen who are better than Vlasic, they should play those six and sit him until they can trade him (lol), buy him out, convince him to retire (lol), or decide that he's one of their six best defensemen again and play him.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Takes a lot of guts to win the draft lottery and get a superstar

No doubt Chicago had draft luck. But so did the Sharks...they just pissed the picks away. Another way of framing it: they had the guts to tank and take a step back in order to win in the future. The gormless Sharks continue to constantly thread water, fearful of drowning.

Let's not forget that Duncan Keith was drafted in the 2nd round, and is superior to any player the Sharks have ever drafted.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
No doubt Chicago had draft luck. But so did the Sharks...they just pissed the picks away. Another way of framing it: they had the guts to tank and take a step back in order to win in the future. The gormless Sharks continue to constantly thread water, fearful of drowning.

Let's not forget that Duncan Keith was drafted in the 2nd round, and is superior to any player the Sharks have ever drafted.

I don't think Chicago tanked so much as they just had a bad team. They were bad for most of the decade leading up to getting Kane and Toews and they missed on their 3rd overall in 2004, Cam Barker.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't think Chicago tanked so much as they just had a bad team. They were bad for most of the decade leading up to getting Kane and Toews and they missed on their 3rd overall in 2004, Cam Barker.

Yeah Chicago wasn't tanking. They were just owned by a shitty guy who didn't want to spend on the team at all.

Reactions: Sandisfan

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Pavelski might be the best 7th round pick of all time.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

The Blackhawks went from 5th overall pick to #1 to get Patrick Kane, what Sharks draft luck compares to that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->