Recalled/Assigned: Roster moves thread 2020-21: 4/26 Chekhovich recalled

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Pavelski might be the best 7th round pick of all time.

......I mean, Henrik Zetterberg? Doug Gilmour? Henrik Lundqvist? Cliff Ronning?

The Blackhawks went from 5th overall pick to #1 to get Patrick Kane, what Sharks draft luck compares to that?

The Sharks have had high draft picks in the past (including the first overall) and have traded them or bungled them. The Sharks were "lucky" to have great positioning in one of the deepest drafts of all time (2003) and just executed very poorly. Heck, in 2005 they did quite well in a lottery system that was generous to them and failed to take Kopitar.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The Sharks have had high draft picks in the past (including the first overall) and have traded them or bungled them. The Sharks were "lucky" to have great positioning in one of the deepest drafts of all time (2003) and just executed very poorly. Heck, in 2005 they did quite well in a lottery system that was generous to them and failed to take Kopitar.

The last part is intentionally misleading.

Reactions: Alwalys

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

Yikes I was wrong. Forgot about the first 3.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I must be missing something obvious, how is that luck in the draft?

91Fedorov91

Apr 20, 2016
California

When have the Sharks had a first overall pick?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Pashelka followed it by saying he wasn't sure of corresponding move, but at the moment it looks like Viel is just replacing Gallant on the taxi squad, who's just been getting bounced up and down between there and AHL.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Few moves from yesterday and today:

Handemark, Jaros, Korenar to AHL (and Noesen, though he seems to go from AHL to taxi squad and back daily)

Melnichuk back up to taxi.

Just guessing, but maybe Melnichuk is still not healthy and they'd rather have Korenar starting for the Cuda today.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Brinson Pasichnuk has been recalled to the NHL today for the first time. With the Vlasic injury, that doesn't feel coincidental.

Reactions: Sandisfan

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Brinson Pasichnuk has been recalled to the NHL today for the first time. With the Vlasic injury, that doesn't feel coincidental.
Curious if he gets in a few games or if they just use him for the taxi squad and then insert Jaros or Claesson into the lineup. Would guess one of the older guys draws into the lineup, but then again it is the Ducks so not a bad spot to get a young guy experience.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Curious if he gets in a few games or if they just use him for the taxi squad and then insert Jaros or Claesson into the lineup. Would guess one of the older guys draws into the lineup, but then again it is the Ducks so not a bad spot to get a young guy experience.

I'd like to see Jaros play and have Simek back on the left but he's been playing the right so much that I suppose it doesn't really matter at this stage. His effectiveness doesn't seem to change one side to the other.

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I'd like to see Jaros play and have Simek back on the left but he's been playing the right so much that I suppose it doesn't really matter at this stage. His effectiveness doesn't seem to change one side to the other.

Simek has been lining up on the Left and Vlasic has been playing the right

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Vlasic has been the RD for that pairing. So Simek would need to swap sides, or like you said bring in Jaros. I don't like the idea of bringing Pasichnuk into the NHL and pushing him to his off side right away when he's been playing the left side in the AHL. My thoughts are you traded for Jaros for a reason so either play him on the right side when you need a guy for that spot or what was the point? Like you, I am hoping that is the plan and then Pasichnuk is just brought up as a reward to get some NHL pay given he's waivers exempt.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
And false alarm, Paschinuk is back down, so I don't know what the purpose of that was. I thought they might go through Monday's practice and see who they liked best out of the three options if Vlasic can't go, since both Sharks and Barracuda are off today. I'm really starting to hate the taxi squad, honestly.

Korenar and Melnichuk switch places again as well. Melnichuk must have recovered from injury now.

Boughner says Vlasic is out, so Claesson or Jaros seem like the options. I'd like to see Jaros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad