Rumor: Roster Move Coming - Vey + Toffoli Recalled, Ellerby on Waivers

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
How is seven goals in 44 games showing his offense 'came out'? He had two big goals and suddenly people think Penner is gold in the playoffs. And really, if he hadn't scored that series winning goal against Pheonix, does anyone here really think that someone else wouldn't have, either that game or in games six or seven? He just happened to be in the right palce at the right time. Good for him, but it doesn't make up for spending three-quarters of the regular season getting winded from drinking out of the gatorade bottle.

He looked greatly improved in the playoffs, but that's because he played like ********* in the regular season.

It would be a lot easier to move on from the Penner era if the Kings had actually gotten a better player to replace him. Now we have King/Carcillo for that spot.... I like King more then Carcillo, but I'd take Penner over both.... Maybe DL will address this issue ....

Forgot...DL did address the LW before Carter went down... Richards was moved to LW so when Carter comes back to play center that will solve the LW depth problem... so 4-6 weeks and we can move on from Penner

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
His contract is a killer and he is only going to decline further.

Find your inner kid from the 80's and Just Say No

nancy_reagan2.jpg

Hey now this very campaign help me quit drugs for the fourth time..............

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
It would be a lot easier to move on from the Penner era if the Kings had actually gotten a better player to replace him. Now we have King/Carcillo for that spot.... I like King more then Carcillo, but I'd take Penner over both.... Maybe DL will address this issue ....

Forgot...DL did address the LW before Carter went down... Richards was moved to LW so when Carter comes back to play center that will solve the LW depth problem... so 4-6 weeks and we can move on from Penner

The fact that King can replace Penner and we are actually, goalwise, outproducing what Penner brought speaks volumes about the Penner era.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I'd look into getting Scott Hartnell from Philly. He plays the Kings style of game. I guarantee you they would love to drop him considering he has one point this year like 10 points in his last 35. We know he can fill the stat sheet and is a LW. I bet Philly picks up some of that contract too.

We do? I'm not so sure anymore. He is a Lombardi kind of guy, but I don't think Dean would like his cap hit much this season at least.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Biggest mistake DL has made thus far was not resigning Penner. Couldve traded stoll, lewis, fraser and king to sign Penner. Now were gonna be looking at an 8th seed or possibly no playoffs this season.

Yeah, Penner was useles. Lol.

How did I miss this gem? Are we choosing to forget Hickey, Teubert, the Stoll extension, the Regehr trade, and the Regehr extension? Penner "played" his way off the team with his lackluster effort, it's as simple as that

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
The fact that King can replace Penner and we are actually, goalwise, outproducing what Penner brought speaks volumes about the Penner era.

Penner era... when the Kings won the cup?

Seriously... just losing so much faith in DL for not dealing with the LW... How much does he make and all he can come up with is Carcillo.... really? Or lets move Richards to LW because we traded for a RW and can't fit Toffoli in the line up otherwise.

My head is going to explode when Deslausiers gets a call up before Pearson.... HAHAHAH

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
He is actually one of the more responsible defensive forwards on Philly. He hits, he possesses the puck at an elite level, he actually gets his hands dirty in front of the net and his hand eye coordination is superb. In regards to his stats, have you looked at Philly's forwards the last 40 games? Every one of them can't score for the life of them. We know that Hartnell can score. He's done it his whole career.

As a Flyer fan for 40 years, I am aware of what the players contribute to the team. I appreciate your view of Hartnell but I don't see him that way at all. There isn't anything in his game , esp puck possession , that is 'elite'.

Just have to agree to disagree on this one.
And I can't see DL signing a player who will be turning 32 in a f ew months with 5 years on a contract being overpaid with an NMC.

KingKopitar11*

Why would your head explode if Deslauriers gets a call up. The dude is very talented and has some sick dangles. I honestly feel that he'd make a solid left winger.

Pearson should be first, but deslauriers is no scrub imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Why would your head explode if Deslauriers gets a call up. The dude is very talented and has some sick dangles. I honestly feel that he'd make a solid left winger.

Pearson should be first, but deslauriers is no scrub imo.

He's played 12 games as a LW. Don't get me wrong I think its the right idea for his career, but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Let him play a season as a winger.

KingKopitar11*

He's played 12 games as a LW. Don't get me wrong I think its the right idea for his career, but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Let him play a season as a winger.

Oh definitely. I agree with you. I'm just saying it wouldn't really shock me.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Almost all of King's points come from one game...

King has four goals in 15 games, and yes he scored those four goals in two games.

Penner last year had two goals in 33 games, and yes he scored those two goals in two games.

No of that shows how we are worse off with King than Penner.

Penner era... when the Kings won the cup?

Seriously... just losing so much faith in DL for not dealing with the LW... How much does he make and all he can come up with is Carcillo.... really? Or lets move Richards to LW because we traded for a RW and can't fit Toffoli in the line up otherwise.

If you are in anyway implying we won the cup because of Penner, you are just full out trolling.

Penner was solid in those playoffs, but he wasn't even in the top 10 on that team in terms of importance. I'd even put King ahead of Penner from that playoff. Is the Trevor Lewis era when we won the cup too? Because they both scored the same number of goals that playoff.

Dustin Penner scored all of two goals last year. if he was here again, you'd be *****ing that he hasn't scored and we should be getting a LW anyways.

And please, what would you have done for a LW? Of course we need to fill that hole, and I'm sure DL and DS are more than fully aware of that. What's the solution? What are you going to fill it with?

All teams have holes and weaknesses, the fact that our biggest hole is a second line winger is pretty damn good compared to most other teams. The fact we have options in the system that really are just some seasoning away from possibly impact that makes it even better. There's nothing to stop another late season recall, ala Dwight King and Jordan Nolan to add a jump to this team. I can totally see that coming with Toffoli and Vey (assuming they don't stay up with the club) or Pearson.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
All teams have holes and weaknesses, the fact that our biggest hole is a second line winger is pretty damn good compared to most other teams.

QFTFT

Deano getting Carcillo, in my opinion, was a temporary solution at LW with the shrinking salary cap. if the team doesnt have a competent LW2 by October of next year then and only then is *****ing warranted about Dean not doing enough

edit: Dustin Penner's +15 leads the entire NHL :eek:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I've always hated +/-.

I believe Dean got Carcillo because this team needed a mean streak. I'm a fan of Carcillo's game and feel he's been great this year. Not to mention he's played better and has been more disciplined than another Left Wing we have...

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
QFTFT

Deano getting Carcillo, in my opinion, was a temporary solution at LW with the shrinking salary cap. if the team doesnt have a competent LW2 by October of next year then and only then is *****ing warranted about Dean not doing enough

edit: Dustin Penner's +15 leads the entire NHL :eek:

Agree. Cap issues threw a wrench in the DL master plan.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've always hated +/-.

I believe Dean got Carcillo because this team needed a mean streak. I'm a fan of Carcillo's game and feel he's been great this year. Not to mention he's played better and has been more disciplined than another Left Wing we have...

Yep, he looks like a hockey player this year. Usually makes the smart, simple plays, plus he's just a reckless lunatic. Fearless, throws his body everywhere, doesn't mind beating huge D-men to the puck even though he's gonna get pounded...plus we didn't really have anyone with a screw loose--Cliffy and Nolan are great but they're mostly too respectful if you get my drift.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Yep, he looks like a hockey player this year. Usually makes the smart, simple plays, plus he's just a reckless lunatic. Fearless, throws his body everywhere, doesn't mind beating huge D-men to the puck even though he's gonna get pounded...plus we didn't really have anyone with a screw loose--Cliffy and Nolan are great but they're mostly too respectful if you get my drift.

Should go a long way in the Playoffs. Clifford has become a fantastic penalty machine.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Should go a long way in the Playoffs. Clifford has become a fantastic penalty machine.

Well, on the other side of that coin, Carcillo gets reputation penalties, which sucks. That guy doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in any situation due to his past shenanigans/diving antics

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Well, on the other side of that coin, Carcillo gets reputation penalties, which sucks. That guy doesn't get the benefit of the doubt in any situation due to his past shenanigans/diving antics

Very true. Love his take no prisoners attitude, though. We've needed a player like him for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad