Rumor: Roster Move Coming - Vey + Toffoli Recalled, Ellerby on Waivers

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Well, here this goes:

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL
Hearing #LAKings about to make a roster move. Look for player to be called up from Manch sooner rather than later. #Imminent

I expect it to be Pearson or Toffoli obviously but the way Nick Deslauriers and Jordan Weal have played, who the hell knows. Vey possible too. Someone's gotta be moved. Ellerby is my guess.

Last edited:

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Honestly I'll be very surprised if it's anyone but Pearson. Let's instead talk about who the subtraction is going to be to free up that spot.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's about time. Hopefully Sutter gives it time to happen if it is someone like Pearson. Give the kid a chance to gel and shine and develop. If he gets stuck on the fourth line for the season while Dwight King puts up 20 points on the second line, I'll fling myself off a bridge :sarcasm:

If Frattin wasn't a product of the Bernier trade, we'd have Toffoli on the roster already.

If we didn't have a million redundant grinders, Toffoli would be with the team already as well... Frattin is a good player, he is used as a goat because people were dreaming that he was the solution to our second line left wing woes. It is not like Sutter gave him much of a chance after a successful preseason either... Either way, he is an upgrade over most of our bottom 6, and Frattin definitely makes our depth significantly better. We need to shed some of these redundant players and give some of the players in Manchester a shot.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like Dean got an eyeful today at the game

MANCHESTER, N.H. - Tyler Toffoli scored two goals and added an assist to lead the Manchester Monarchs to a 5-3 victory over the visiting St. John's IceCaps in American Hockey League action on Saturday.

Linden Very chipped in with a goal and an assist, Tanner Pearson scored his fifth of the season, and Nick Shore rounded out the Monarchs' offence with his first on the year.

Jordan Weal chipped in with two assists as Manchester (6-1-3) rebounded from Friday night's 3-2 loss to the IceCaps (3-4-1).

I'm guessing it'll be Pearson for the 2nd line. From all accounts, he's worked hard from training camp and has had a pretty good season so far.

Whoever it is, best of luck

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I have a feeling it could be ellerby. He hasn't played yet and Mitchell is starting to look like his old self. It also seems logical to subtract a defenseman for a forward.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
I'm curious about who is going down/getting traded more than I am of who is coming up!

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Hopefully Ellerby, as said above. If it turns out we need another D of Ellerby's quality later, they can be found on the waiver wire or trade market.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm curious about who is going down/getting traded more than I am of who is coming up!

This.

And yes. Ellerby really is my logical guess. Schultz (shudders) is essentially a clone of Ellerby and Bodnarchuk has been truly fantastic to start the year.

Honestly though, I don't have any clue who would take him. Again, might not happen until the GM meetings but from what I've gathered, Dean may have something in place already.

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

Meh. If I had to take a guess, I would say either Fraser or Ellerby, and given seniority it would be Ellerby. Either that or a trade. I have a feeling Kyle Clifford is available, if not soon then either the trade deadline or next offseason. The thing with Ellerby is that he still has some value. He wasn't really that bad for us, and put up very acceptable stats last year. He is the best option for a 7th defenseman. Martinez and Muzzin are competing against each other really, not Ellerby. So many possibilities... Only Dean knows.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I would guess that one of these 3 are dealt; Ellerby, Martinez or Clifford.

As for the Frattin hate, he's been playing fairly well. He only got about 4 games on line 2 and was banished. Has 4 points in his 10 games.

Better than Stoll's 2 points, Nolan's 3 points, Clifford's 1 point, Carcillo's 2 points, Fraser's 1 point and Lewis' ZERO points.
There are 6 other forwards producing less. 6 forwards have more points and 6 forwards have less points. He's right in the middle.
Haters give some equal hate to the bottom 6 please.

As for the Bernier deal, the 2nd round pick may be the prime part of the deal and Scrivens has been decent. Plus the cap money helped.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hopefully Ellerby, as said above. If it turns out we need another D of Ellerby's quality later, they can be found on the waiver wire or trade market.

Very true. I like Ellerby but we have several D that are easily replaceable. It's gotta be him or Schultz.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I fully expect it to be Pearson (which I would be very happy about), but Toffoli can't be too far behind. 7 goals, 5 assists and three schootout goals in ten games, he is wasting his time in Manchester

Telos

Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
If Richards can play left wing and Carter can play center, then Toffoli might get a chance. Either that or Sutter needs to suck it up and put someone on the left wing and keep them there and give them adequate time to adjust to the position.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I love the idea of Clifford but he has gotten worse as a fighter and can't finish. Carcillo stirs it up way more and makes a difference in a game more so than KC.

Posters above are right, DL's man love for Frattin is costing Toffoli his spot.

Kings have 6 natural Right Wingers and only 3 natural Left Wingers. Writing is on the wall people.

Brown, Williams, Carter, Frattin, Lewis and Nolan are all RW.

Clifford, Carcillo and King are the only natural LW.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Maybe King's hatrick landed us a 1st rounder...:sarcasm:

I can see one of our LW getting moved, Ellerby or Martinez

As for who may be called up, Pearson, Deslaurier or Toffoli would be my guess.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Tofoli should get called up, if Richards is going to be playing LW, Toffoli has earned the 2nd line RW position way more than Frattin has.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Pearson makes the most sense, however DS has martinez and muzzin in his dog house. Is there any offensive Dmen in Manchester that could make the jump?

I don't like the thought of losing Ellerby with Mitchell still be an uncertainty. Schultz is just brutal.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
K...

Toffoli: The experiment moving Richards to wing and Carter to center was to get Toffoli into the line up... Currently there is William/Carter/Frattin/Nolan (Lewis) on the right side. Even with moving Lewis to center and running something like Clifford/Lewis/Nolan you still have Williams/Carter/Frattin/Nolan on the right. Since none of those can switch to the left moving Carter to center is about the only way they are going to find space for Toffoli. Running 3 centers (11,77,10) down the middle would require more talent then kings have now and would take some major rearranging. Don't see it.

So that leaves us with Pearson getting the call up more then likely. Which will make it interesting to see who DS puts on which line between Brown/King/Pearson.

Who do you cut.

-Ellerby: hasn't played a game yet and hasn't been cut yet... have a feeling he's not getting cut yet. It would make too much sense.

-Fraser: I believe Vey/Andreoff are not waiver exempt next year (could be wrong) if that is the case Fraser will probably lose his spot on the team by next year. Could be throwing Lewis out there instead.

-Stoll: HAHAHHA I'll believe that one when I see it.

-Clifford: don't see it... 22 years old... knows the system... plays hard.

-Carcillo: 2 games ago got demoted off the 2nd line because they couldn't clear the zone. Last game 4th line Carcillo/Fraser/Nolan got about 5 mins.... i could see Carcillo moved.

-If Dean wakes up and remembers he lives in crazy town we could see something like Williams for Moulson and a Toffoli call up. (not saying this should be done)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad