Speculation: Roster Improvements - Part II

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Killer has found a home on Stamko's LW tbh. I am impressed and they get better with each passing game. There is nothing wrong with his game. The only thing that I could probably point to is his demeanor, his perceived "softness" when it comes to fighting, and his very punchable face. Generally you'd want to see that competitive guy, a man's man, a feisty competitor...imagine Conacher or Johnson's drive and feistyness in Killorn's body. We'd have a PF we could be proud of.

Instead we have a great skilled guy...who is just not that likeable. Can't seem to fully root for him the way I can with Palat/Callahan/Paquette. He is just...in a very disapointing way very Purcell. Skill...Check. Big body...check. Two way game...check. Defensively responsible...check. Chemistry with Stammer...check. I want to slap him around and get some angry emotion out of him...CHECK!

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Absolutely. He'd be a great addition to the bottom-six. As a Morrow replacement, he'd be phenomenal, and he can slot higher at times, although I wouldn't really call him a tweener.

One thing to remember though is we Adam Erne who's going to be vying for a similar role. I think odds are he's going to end up in Syracuse, but when we traded Connolly, it seemed to open up an opportunity for Erne to get a legit shot next season.

I think Connolly's spot is for Namestnikov... unless we get another spot for Erne, I don't see him playing with the Bolts next year

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Killer has found a home on Stamko's LW tbh. I am impressed and they get better with each passing game. There is nothing wrong with his game. The only thing that I could probably point to is his demeanor, his perceived "softness" when it comes to fighting, and his very punchable face. Generally you'd want to see that competitive guy, a man's man, a feisty competitor...imagine Conacher or Johnson's drive and feistyness in Killorn's body. We'd have a PF we could be proud of.

Instead we have a great skilled guy...who is just not that likeable. Can't seem to fully root for him the way I can with Palat/Callahan/Paquette. He is just...in a very disapointing way very Purcell. Skill...Check. Big body...check. Two way game...check. Defensively responsible...check. Chemistry with Stammer...check. I want to slap him around and get some angry emotion out of him...CHECK!

So.... he needs to be an ******* :whaaa?:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Stumbled on this gem, somewhere :nod:
Trade 1 - Hall to TB for johnny Drouin, Andrei Vasilevskiy, 2017 first round pick and Ondrej Palat

I don't know about the other trades proposed, I had to stop reading after this.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Had to find where that came from and found it. To be fair the other oil fans rip it apart saying the OP of that trade is way way off.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I can't believe there are people out there who think Tampa would trade our top 4 prospects (Vasilevskiy, DeAngelo, Namestnikov Koekkoek) plus two 1st rounders for McDavid.

If I was Tampa I would do it for sure. For example, if I want to keep Stamkos as my top center, I could trade McDavid for Josi or Giordano plus. If I keep McDavid, I can trade Stamkos for even more.

They are already very young and mcdavid stamkos is well ridiculous along with those other 3 young guys on the NHL team why wouldn't they do it?

That Kutcherov thread is pretty good for a chuckle too.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
I can't believe there are people out there who think Tampa would trade our top 4 prospects (Vasilevskiy, DeAngelo, Namestnikov Koekkoek) plus two 1st rounders for McDavid.

That Kutcherov thread is pretty good for a chuckle too.

That thread is still going? How delusional are these people?!

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Maybe if Rick Dudley was still our GM. Classic case of HF groupthink valuing prospects more than what a team already has. Why go backwards and have to watch kids develop again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad