Roster & Fantasy GM Thread | 3 - Not Drouin Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
LOL...."Hamhuis told Benning to be a buyer at the deadline." GM Hammer...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
LOL...."Hamhuis told Benning to be a buyer at the deadline." GM Hammer...that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

It said nothing about him saying that to Benning, it said he wants Benning to be a buyer. And it's not surprising, most players want the team they play on to be better.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It said nothing about him saying that to Benning, it said he wants Benning to be a buyer. And it's not surprising, most players want the team they play on to be better.

Ah sorry misread that part, still a hilarious rumor.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hockey Widow rumor hot off the press...

This is the worst possible news.

If Hamhuis is going to pull that **** he can go **** himself. He's a tradeable asset to the team and if he isn't re-signing with us he should be 100% gone before the end of the month.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
If Hamhuis is going to pull that **** he can go **** himself. He's a tradeable asset to the team and if he isn't re-signing with us he should be 100% gone before the end of the month.

Hamhuis paid real world dollars (in the millions) on his contract to play where he wanted to with a NTC… it's more than reasonable if he'd like to exercise that right now.
---
They should just re-sign the guy. I have a feeling he'll sign in Alberta if Benning doesn't.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Hamhuis paid real world dollars (in the millions) on his contract to play where he wanted to with a NTC… it's more than reasonable if he'd like to exercise the right that he paid for.

5 team list. The top 5 teams in the league will likely have some of the teams whod be interested.

I dont like that he wants us to push for playoffs but will then ditch us leaving the team even worse off for next year. We need to recoup value on him, and he hasn't played great at all this year

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
By the way, since this thread is capped, wouldn't it make sense to just combine the Managerial thread with this one and call it the Managerial, Fantasy and Roster thread?

The discussion in both is pretty much the same.

Scurr

Jun 25, 2009
Whalley
By the way, since this thread is capped, wouldn't it make sense to just combine the Managerial thread with this one and call it the Managerial, Fantasy and Roster thread?

The discussion in both is pretty much the same.

All the threads are pretty much the same.

One thread!

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Can't wait to read 6 months of how it's all Benning's fault Hamhuis wouldn't waive. Probably retaliation for sending Higgins home a day before waiving him.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Hamhuis paid real world dollars (in the millions) on his contract to play where he wanted to with a NTC… it's more than reasonable if he'd like to exercise that right now.

Very true though it does throw a wrench into he return if he does get traded. My preference is Edler - Hamhuis - Hutton down the left-side next season with Bart and Sbisa on the outs. Realistically speaking, due to contracts, it will be Edler - Hutton - Sbisa.

I just hope with Hamhuis' slecective team selection will still garner a later first. Somewhere warm and a contender? Dallas it is! Honka is a pipe-dream but the fit for him on the Stars is there.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Can't wait to read 6 months of how it's all Benning's fault Hamhuis wouldn't waive. Probably retaliation for sending Higgins home a day before waiving him.

if hamhuis doesn't waive then there is nothing else we can do with it. Don't know why he'd choose a lost season over a chance at the cup if the canucks say they have no intention to re-sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad