Roster & Fantasy GM Thread | 3 - Not Drouin Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I seriously don't get it. How can there be nothing goin on and then all of the sudden one decent trade and one massive trade happen.

No one wants to play with our GM:(

Well, maybe that means he's actually asking for a fair return for our spare parts, instead of his usual Sutter-Sbisa-Prust-Dorsett specials.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
#Canucks GM Jim Benning on @TSN1040 yesterday "Not a lot going on in the whole league right now. I’ve never really seen a year like this."

Good call jim, awful

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
One good thing about the RyJo/Jones trade, it gives us another potential trade option since Nashville might be looking to acquire a top 4 d-man now. There was no way Hamhuis would waive for Columbus, but Nashville seems much more realistic.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
One good thing about the RyJo/Jones trade, it gives us another potential trade option since Nashville might be looking to acquire a top 4 d-man now. There was no way Hamhuis would waive for Columbus, but Nashville seems much more realistic.

How did we get hamhuis

Thank uncle jim nuckles.
:)

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Is it just me or did LA get completely bent-over in that trade... basically 2 cap dumps for Weal and a 3rd absolute steal for Holmgren and Philly.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Is it just me or did LA get completely bent-over in that trade... basically 2 cap dumps for Weal and a 3rd absolute steal for Holmgren and Philly.

They got two big players for a non nhler and a 3rd.

They won, Lecav is gonna retire after this year

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
smh johansen doesn't even like the canucks, i know him personally.

Shhhh,don't you dare say that! I'm still waiting for RNH, Paul Kariya, Sakic, Seabrook, Weber and Ladd to sign here.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Well, they had to find a replacement for Matt Greene and I guess Schenn at 50% is okay. Lecavalier's retiring at the end of the year, and I'm pretty sure Philly's still on the hook for the full recapture penalty (or at least most of it), so that doesn't really change much for them. Still don't really see the point for LA, but it's not as bad as it looks.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Is Hamhuis even going to healthy by the deadline? Could easily get a first for him, but the Benning factor plays in.

Also Vrbata needs to go on a hot streak, can't imagine getting more than a 2nd for him at this point.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
No one wants to play with our GM:(

Well, maybe that means he's actually asking for a fair return for our spare parts, instead of his usual Sutter-Sbisa-Prust-Dorsett specials.

I imagine the conversation went like this

"hi, it's Jim B. I'm looking around for some top young talent. Mmmm Mmmm Yeah, you want some prospects or 1sts? Hell no those are all off limits. Veterans, oh you like XXXXX and YYYYYY for ohh I like that prosect you are offering. You don't want them though they are washed negative value cap bums, you don't want them. Nothing going? Talk later."

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
smh johansen doesn't even like the canucks, i know him personally.

Really? That's interesting. So per your very non-insider vetted opinion, little chance he sees this as a long-term destination?

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Really? That's interesting. So per your very non-insider vetted opinion, little chance he sees this as a long-term destination?

I asked Bryan Allen where he'd most like to play and he looked at me like I had two heads....."Toronto of course".

Pretty sure he never played there.

If I was an Vancouver born NHL player I am pretty sure I'd not want play here. Hard on you. Hard on people that care about you.

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
The chances of RyJo signing in Van over 29 other teams are slim. I'm not holding my breath, not even for a second.

But it would be AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad