Line Combos: Roster Discussions

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Saw this pop up on twitter from a Matt Cane

I've updated my off-season NHL contract predictions based on all data up to the end of last night. 2018 Free Agent Predictions
— Matt Cane (@Cane_Matt) February 20, 2018
I sincerely hope the Jets don't have to pony up $6,7million AAV for Hellebuyck... Unless of course this season ends in a stanley cup, then it's pretty much all the same. :nod:

Anyway, not a big believer in putting the big bucks on goalies. Having almost $11million in two goalies going into 2018-2019 season sure doesn't sound like a winner's choice.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
lainelittle-png.7918

This is a fun little (No pun intented) stat. Both Laine's and Little's ADV stats explode when playing without each other.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I think depending on what the Jets do at the DL they might send Roslo back down. It seems insane but it's the only way to make the depth work plus it lets Roslovic take a huge role in a playoff run.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think depending on what the Jets do at the DL they might send Roslo back down. It seems insane but it's the only way to make the depth work plus it lets Roslovic take a huge role in a playoff run.
I think they will send down Armia or Tanev before they would send down Roslo. Who are you imagining they will get at the TD?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Your not at all concerned about Lowry's injuries affecting the rest of his career?

When I read the list it showed years signed and Trouba is listed at only 1 year (same for Lowry, Hutch and Matthias).

That sort of confused me why he listed the rest of the years if he predicts only a 1 year signing?

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
rosloja97

Out of forwards w/ 200 minutes at ES (Natural Stat Trick), Roslovic ranks...

CA: 7th
FA: 9th
SA: 3rd
SCA: 1st
HDCA: 1st

Yeah, decent. I heard Patches is available, let's give up on this kid.

Yes, this! Matches the eye test. I think he’s ready to center the 3rd line. He has a pretty well rounded game. And he’s hungry. Let him take the reigns.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Habs fan coming in peace. You guys are obviously incredibly stacked and legit contenders IMO... what would you say you guys are looking for at the TDL, and what assets would you say are available?

Reactions: Halberdier

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't care much about a Moose playoff run with the Jets in. Keep Roslovic with the Jets where he belongs.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Habs fan coming in peace. You guys are obviously incredibly stacked and legit contenders IMO... what would you say you guys are looking for at the TDL, and what assets would you say are available?

In theory Jets could have a decent 2nd/3rd line center, but I'm not sure if there is cap room for that.

I guess at least Matthias is available. If that center was signed, Petan would also go I think. These guys are not bad, but I don't think they will fit the Jets roster.

Mason is still injured AFAIK. Has not been the guy he was expected to be. Even Hutch has been a better backup.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Ideally a C to push Hendricks out of the lineup. The Jets appeared to be looking at skill with Brassard being a target. Pleks was also apparently a target.
Also a depth D to push Chiarot down the lineup. Cole's been mentioned.

Pieces that seem readily available: 2018 picks, Petan, Dano, Brendan Lemieux (also Matthias, Mason).
Probably not available: Vesalainen, Niku and all other roster players.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
In theory Jets could have a decent 2nd/3rd line center, but I'm not sure if there is cap room for that.

I guess at least Matthias is available. If that center was signed, Petan would also go I think. These guys are not bad, but I don't think they will fit the Jets roster.

Mason is still injured AFAIK. Has not been the guy he was expected to be. Even Hutch has been a better backup.
Speaking of Hutch - he's been the best goalie in the AHL this year - and solid in his limited NHL appearances.
DW7yvnQVoAARiU9.jpg

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ideally a C to push Hendricks out of the lineup. The Jets appeared to be looking at skill with Brassard being a target. Pleks was also apparently a target.
Also a depth D to push Chiarot down the lineup. Cole's been mentioned.

Pieces that seem readily available: 2018 picks, Petan, Dano, Brendan Lemieux (also Matthias, Mason).
Probably not available: Vesalainen, Niku and all other roster players.
Lowry could push Hendricks out of the lineup. Wheeler or Roslovic or Petan could slide into C if the Jets get hit with key injuries.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Lowry could push Hendricks out of the lineup. Wheeler or Roslovic or Petan could slide into C if the Jets get hit with key injuries.
The Jets appeared to want another C regardless. They don't seem to be big fans of Petan at C, Roslovic hasn't lined up at C yet in the NHL and Wheeler's success there were somewhat exaggerated imo.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Speaking of Hutch - he's been the best goalie in the AHL this year - and solid in his limited NHL appearances.
DW7yvnQVoAARiU9.jpg

Yes, definitely a reason to trade Mason and keep Hutch as as he is also a lot cheaper.

I don't understand why so many HFJets were pissed of by his honest comments on how he did feel his situation. Just like Helle was bad last season and super good now, Hutch was horrible last season and seems to be decent now. D-core is healthy and so much better than last season too.

Reactions: Guffman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The Jets appeared to want another C regardless. They don't seem to be big fans of Petan at C, Roslovic hasn't lined up at C yet in the NHL and Wheeler's success there were somewhat exaggerated imo.
Wheeler would be the first choice. Unless Scheifele is injured, Wheeler would be lining up against lower competition. A Scheifele / Wheeler top two C might be okay (if Little or Lowry are injured).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad