New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Ladd torn ACL; Fritz out 6-8 weeks

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I would assume this is why Lamoriello did not use the final call up on JHS as well. He is not a center and that final call up may be needed for a center potentially.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’m assuming we get Filppula back mid-first round. Hoping for earlier. Lou may be happy with Leo at center but it makes me queasy.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I would assume this is why Lamoriello did not use the final call up on JHS as well. He is not a center and that final call up may be needed for a center potentially.

I thought after the trade deadline you can have as many players as you want on your roster(at least within the 50 c0ntract limit)

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Do we have any more centers in the organization? I thought tanner was the last one.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I thought after the trade deadline you can have as many players as you want on your roster(at least within the 50 c0ntract limit)

There's a limit on call ups after the deadline, each team gets 4 non-emergency call ups.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Looks lie Flip may be ready for round 1. If not, I guess we're going with Komarov as 3C to start the playoffs and Kuhnackl in there.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
Koivula is a scratch today in Bridgeport. Hmmmmm.....

Tough break for the AHL immortal Tanner Fritz, but his absence won't be missed. I would bring up Otto Koivula and give him NHL experience.

ps: personally, I rather have Mitch Fritz, who had better hands than Tanner Fritz.

Reactions: Bird Boys

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I’m assuming we get Filppula back mid-first round. Hoping for earlier. Lou may be happy with Leo at center but it makes me queasy.
Trotz would prefer Leo on the wing, as would I, but he's not bad at center, except for the lack of goals. He's surprisingly good at faceoffs, when he's not the second man in.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Looks lie Flip may be ready for round 1. If not, I guess we're going with Komarov as 3C to start the playoffs and Kuhnackl in there.
If he is ready and truly healthy enough to contribute, the injury may have been a blessing in disguise. He was looking very leg weary in the games leading up to the injury, as was the entire team I know, but Flip particularly so. Hopefully he can come back feeling refreshed and if we're really lucky and he's really refreshed, maybe come back as hot as he started the season.................

I can dream, can't I?

Reactions: kmo429

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Trotz would prefer Leo on the wing, as would I, but he's not bad at center, except for the lack of goals. He's surprisingly good at faceoffs, when he's not the second man in.
He is a decent faceoff man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad