New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Ladd torn ACL; Fritz out 6-8 weeks

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
The end of Days I thought was when Mick Vukota got his hat trick, I expected a flood of Noah's Ark proportions after that
And I recall...it was a natural hat trick. Out of Left Field, 3 goals just came like that, like he did it all the time.

Never cared for Nick. Average Fighter in a league full of tough guys. Played hard but surprised he was around as long as he was.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
And I recall...it was a natural hat trick. Out of Left Field, 3 goals just came like that, like he did it all the time.

Never cared for Nick. Average Fighter in a league full of tough guys. Played hard but surprised he was around as long as he was.

I find his hat trick to be the most unusual thing I have seen in any of the big 4 sports, he may have only scored 3 other goals in 600 games or so

Reactions: Olliemets

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Nanananana na na na nana na, nananananana, Miiiiick Vukota!!

the-knack.jpg

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The only Fritz, I have ever heard of was Fritz Lang of Metrolis fame. Until now. Fritz was somewhat useful today. He's not a total non factor. Infact he was good today.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The only Fritz, I have ever heard of was Fritz Lang of Metrolis fame. Until now. Fritz was somewhat useful today. He's not a total non factor. Infact he was good today.
Islanders also had Mitch Fritz a number of years back who had a cup of coffee with the team but was mostly an AHLer. Giant, Zdeno like guy.

I still find myself calling Tanner Mitch and then I confuse myself as to which one we currently have.

Fritz was good today though. This is the short term help he can provide. Long term he’ll get somewhat exposed but today he did what he had to do and did it well.

He’s basically a poor man’s Cizikas.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Are you old enough to remember Fritz Peterson when he pitched for the Yankees in the early 1970s?

Reactions: Kasparaitis

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Fritz’s line was quality. Beau got a guy to skate with and Leo is dependable defensively for them

This is the reason why letting Filppula walk is not a big deal. Guys like him are dime a dozen and Fritz being younger and hungrier will make way for a better playoff run.

Oh and he did pretty damn good on the PK today.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Real life wife-swapper with Mike Kekich. Or is it a wife sweeper? (Still don't get the whole wife sweeper coach thing)
I think technically it was a life swap. The wives were part of the package deal.

[Or maybe it was a life sweep. Which is sort of an existential colon cleanse.]

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
This is the reason why letting Filppula walk is not a big deal. Guys like him are dime a dozen and Fritz being younger and hungrier will make way for a better playoff run.

Oh and he did pretty damn good on the PK today.
Filp is a career NHLer, and a good one at that. Fritz is an AHLer. They are not the same. One decent game and suddenly you forget what Fillpula did for us this entire season? Guy has been the perfect third line center all season.

Reactions: IwayMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad