New York Islanders: Roster Discussion: Ladd torn ACL; Fritz out 6-8 weeks

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Filp is a career NHLer, and a good one at that. Fritz is an AHLer. They are not the same. One decent game and suddenly you forget what Fillpula did for us this entire season? Guy has been the perfect third line center all season.

So? At the age Filppula is you should be able to tell that you have no idea what you are getting out of him next season. Chimera scored twenty goals for this team and then he was terrible the next season.

Fritz was a career AHLer with our old staff, him and Beauvillier add some speed on the third line that is nice to have.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
So? At the age Filppula is you should be able to tell that you have no idea what you are getting out of him next season. Chimera scored twenty goals for this team and then he was terrible the next season.

Fritz was a career AHLer with our old staff, him and Beauvillier add some speed on the third line that is nice to have.
That is the same thing that everybody on this site said about Filp heading into the season...and were proven wrong.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think technically it was a life swap. The wives were part of the package deal.

[Or maybe it was a life sweep. Which is sort of an existential colon cleanse.]
It was some bizarre sh*t for then. I was fourteen and thinking, "people do that?!" Made my father pretty damn uncomfortable trying to get him to talk about it. Nowadays it would be on TMZ one day and off the next, but then, the Daily News and NY Post were living off it.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
It was some bizarre sh*t for then. I was fourteen and thinking, "people do that?!" Made my father pretty damn uncomfortable trying to get him to talk about it. Nowadays it would be on TMZ one day and off the next, but then, the Daily News and NY Post were living off it.
Yeah, pretty much the same thing here - it was like, what?!

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Whether or not he should, I'm guessing he's giving it at least one more shot. We'll hear some stories about the ACL rehab has actually allowed the rest of his body to heal and strengthen and that he feels like he's in the best shape of his life.....until something else goes wrong.

Doesn't really matter for next year as our cap issues come into play the following year with Barzal and Pulock still signed to ELC and bridge deals for next year. So if Ladd gives it one more go next year, sie la vie. Hopefully his situation gets sorted one way or another. Either he becomes a 30 goal scorer or he retires. I'll take the former, but expecting the latter.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Reporter asks "You have one more callup left, would you think about using it?" Lou Says, "No, not at this point, we have, we have players here"
LOL Ho-Sang ouch!
:eek:

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
We have MDC rotting on the bench so it is not like the option is Ross Johnston or Tom Kuhnackl versus calling up Ho-Sang

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Next stop, Robidas Island! Lou's ordering Ladd a ticket as we speak.

This guy's the next coming of Ricky D.

Ricky had heart and performed well for a brief period of time. The only similarities between him and Ladd are that their bodies broke down.

Not his fault Wang and Snow gave him a bat $h!t crazy contract.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
.....tough break for Fritz....um, no pun intended.

On the bright side he gets paid an NHL salary while injured

In the case fo Ladd, something tells me he will be a classic case of spending the bulk of his contract on LTIR(on purpose)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad