Salary Cap: Roster-Building thread XXXIII | Something is rotten in the state of Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

Ok, I'm still up, guess I'll try to stay up till 3pm. I planned to be home today anyhow.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
At this point, I'd trade Ehrhoff for a 1st + or even a 1st straight up. I think we can roll with Pouliot in his place. I know he is young, yadda yadda, but with the division looking like it does, I am willing to give him the shot and get some futures to restock the system.

Worth mentioning though is that DP has more experience with this system than anyone on the team. I know it's not playoff experience, but it is something.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I don't see them doing much today. Maybe they'll add a depth D-Man. I have my doubts they'll bring in another forward since I don't see where one fits in unless you move Kunitz or Bennett and I doubt that happens. It just doesn't look like there's a deal out there to get Geno an upgrade over Kunitz.

I can see JR trying to swoop and snag Petry late if the price comes down but I honestly wouldn't have a problem just going with what we already have considering how Pouliot is playing. It's not perfect but I don't think Petry or anyone else we could bring in gives us that much better a shot at the Cup.

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Ehrhoff has an NMC.

The constant lamentation about selling off the defensemen for first round picks is getting old. It isn't likely to happen, and it was never likely to happen.

Neil broke is thumb and is out for the season. Boedker and Hanzal are done for the season. Rutherford is not going to waste assets on players who can't help this season.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yzy gave up on him way too quickly.

Boston now has a chance to turn this kid's career around and make themselves forget the blunder that is the Seguin trade.

If they do it right. Connolly is a talented player.

The Lightning don't need Connolly. He's not an ideal bottom 6 player, and he was never going to crack their top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad