Speculation: Roster Building Thread XXXIII: 33rd thread twds the line of dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You forgot to mention your "other piece or two" Skjei and Fast. One guy playing with Panarin and Strome and the other is the team's top LD. You keep changing what you're saying, man. You said you expect them to make the playoffs next year and now you're saying you it's not important. I'm gonna tap out of this one. I'm rooting for your plan to come together in another 3-4 years.

I did mention Fast, in the second sentence you quoted.

I'd expect that if we trade Skjei, we're also getting something back that's not draft picks, so I don't necessarily view that as a subtraction from the roster. I'm not "changing" what I'm saying, but I am projecting a bit of uncertainty.

Yes, I do expect this team will be too good to miss the playoffs next season. But if I'm wrong, and they do miss the playoffs next season because the kids I'm relying on aren't ready, there's no harm in that. They will make the playoffs SOON.... the year after, then. I don't understand why that is confusing.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I did mention Fast, in the second sentence you quoted.

I'd expect that if we trade Skjei, we're also getting something back that's not draft picks, so I don't necessarily view that as a subtraction from the roster. I'm not "changing" what I'm saying, but I am projecting a bit of uncertainty.

Yes, I do expect this team will be too good to miss the playoffs next season. But if I'm wrong, and they do miss the playoffs next season because the kids I'm relying on aren't ready, there's no harm in that. They will make the playoffs SOON.... the year after, then. I don't understand why that is confusing.

What's confusing is you're already penciling in Kravtsov, some unknown rookie, and something back that's not a draft pick to replace the team's #1 LD. And you think they're going to be "too good to miss the playoffs!" But if they're not, hey, no biggie, the following year.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
What's confusing is you're already penciling in Kravtsov, some unknown rookie, and something back that's not a draft pick to replace the team's #1 LD. And you think they're going to be "too good to miss the playoffs!" But if they're not, hey, no biggie, the following year.
Agreed. Look I’m probably Kravstov’s biggest fan. I remember at the draft people crying about passing on Wahlstrom when I loved that we passed on him. However penciling him to take over such a important spot in the lineup before ever getting his feet wet in the nhl is shortsighted. He will need at least a year to get acclimated like Kakko

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
Agreed. Look I’m probably Kravstov’s biggest fan. I remember at the draft people crying about passing on Wahlstrom when I loved that we passed on him. However penciling him to take over such a important spot in the lineup before ever getting his feet wet in the nhl is shortsighted. He will need at least a year to get acclimated like Kakko

It does seem a touch aggressive, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad