Speculation: Roster Building Thread XLV: Summer bummer edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yeah, the Rangers need to make a move equivalent to one of the most lopsided trades in the sport, and it has to be in their favor. That's bold.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
They already did. Hard to do it once. Lot harder to do it twice.

the Seguin trade was horrible for Boston the second it was made and a gross overreaction to him scoring 1 goal in the playoffs; nonsense about "our culture" aside.

McDonagh trade was a lot less obvious at the time.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
the Seguin trade was horrible for Boston the second it was made and a gross overreaction to him scoring 1 goal in the playoffs; nonsense about "our culture" aside.

McDonagh trade was a lot less obvious at the time.

its why many of us were all in on going for Drouin. looks like that ship has now sailed..

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I dont see the rangers trading Brass/Step/Zucc/Kreider.

It's Nash and one of Girardi/Staal.

I see it being Nash and G.

Re-sign Yandle and E.Staal (on a good AAV).

Add Buch. And add younger pieces from trade.

The team is moving on from E. Staal, he is worthless.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Jensen is lighting up the WC's right now.

Are most of us doing him a disservice by not including him on the third line to start the season? Especially with Lindberg out to start?

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Are most of us doing him a disservice by not including him on the third line to start the season? Especially with Lindberg out to start?

being an AV favorite, yeah we probably are.

If he's speedy and quick on the puck, he might be the perfect guy to pair with Hayes. With a legitimate 3RW, Fast could finally be pushed down to the 4RW, where he belongs.

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Miller-Brassard-TRADE/UFA
Jensen-Hayes-Buchnevich
Hrivik-Lindberg/UFA-Fast

I'm OK with any forward configuration. I'm really concerned about what the defense looks like this coming year

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

No...I think he has a very good chance of making the team, but, he needs to prove himself as more than just a 4th liner.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I can't shake the feeling that at least one of Nichushkin or Yakupov ends up in NY this summer. Both players fill that "Buch needs a Russian buddy" thing we've all been kicking about, are still young, and there's the possibility that they could grow into effective players.

Will Yakupov fulfill that #1 overall hype? No, most likely not, but if he can be an effective shooter who can chip in 20-25 goals, that's a good acquisition. He adds a dimension the Rangers lack, and that's a guy who can push the D back with his speed off the wing, and who can be a one-timer threat on the PP.

Nuke had a really up-and-down season, and the post-season was much of the same. However, he's very young and was not only coming off of a lost-season, but was also playing his sophomore season when players tend to slump. Size and speed off the wing. Plays the game like Nash did in his heyday, but the production isn't there yet.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I can't shake the feeling that at least one of Nichushkin or Yakupov ends up in NY this summer. Both players fill that "Buch needs a Russian buddy" thing we've all been kicking about, are still young, and there's the possibility that they could grow into effective players.

Will Yakupov fulfill that #1 overall hype? No, most likely not, but if he can be an effective shooter who can chip in 20-25 goals, that's a good acquisition. He adds a dimension the Rangers lack, and that's a guy who can push the D back with his speed off the wing, and who can be a one-timer threat on the PP.

Nuke had a really up-and-down season, and the post-season was much of the same. However, he's very young and was not only coming off of a lost-season, but was also playing his sophomore season when players tend to slump. Size and speed off the wing. Plays the game like Nash did in his heyday, but the production isn't there yet.
honestly at this point i think Yakupov could be had for almost nothing...his value seems to be at an all time low...

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
if we're gonna look at Goligoski why not just re-sign Yandle.

i didnt say anything about signing goligoski...i was just wondering what hed get. i do wonder if he'll get underpaid on the market since he doesnt have the sexy "name"..kinda like Stralman is underpaid (imho).

anyways. you know me, i wanna tear this down... Yakupov and Nuke are 2 players that i think would be excellent buy low players if you can get them. I think Drouin was in that boat too....but lke i said, that ship has likely sailed.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
his value is low for a reason.

pass.

go for the size and skating russian

i want to tear this team down, ive been pretty vocal at that...i think part of rebuilding means trying to hit the lottery on certain players. You sign a bunch of players and see what sticks... Im willing to take a flyer on Yak if hes cheap. Dan Girardi for Nail Yakupov? haha id do it in a heartbeat.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
honestly at this point i think Yakupov could be had for almost nothing...his value seems to be at an all time low...

Exactly. If you can get him cheap, then it's worth the risk. Sometimes a new organization makes it click, and sometimes it doesn't. Worst case you leave him unprotected in the expansion draft if he doesn't work out. Best case, you get a young 20 goal scorer who you can try to re-sign on a cheap deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad