Speculation: Roster Building Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
If Goodrow finds a home fitting like a glove as a facilitator on a Panarin line, playing top-6 minutes, scoring 30-35 points, then it's probably a relatively reasonable deal.

yea I actually think he may go into that spot

No PP but PK

Reactions: Lays

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Eichel would be the over the top move and if the intention is to try to keep him and Zibanejad, would be the worst move they can make. Literally would make the Goodrow contract look like Gomez for Mcdonagh.

Yup, but here we are. Not breathing a sigh of relief until this particular dark cloud has passed.

Reactions: OrangePMD

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Just saying, this Goodrow signing we’re about to make is the move that dumb teams make.

You need to look for the next Goodrow. Not exactly Goodrow right now. Signing a warrior type to a retirement contract AFTER he won back to back cups is a rookie move thinking he’ll be the same for us. His body is broken down, and he’s already won his cups. He has nothing left to work for the same way he did for Tampa these past two runs. And not to mention he only had like 12 points in those 40 games with Tampa through their run while also averaging a penalty minute per game.

Someone like Zach Aston-Reese wouldve have been a better and cheaper target. I wanted Goodrow but I didn’t expect he’d be getting anywhere close to 4x6, thought it would be like 4 years 2.8 million which is a fair contract for him
I agree with this unfortunately.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Panthers in on Tarensenko. I mean, they have to be a possibility for Buchnevich. Cheaper, healthy, PK ability. If Philly or the isles win out, we have to be involved with Florida.

sounds like Tarasenko is going to end up a Flyer.

Florida is an excellent spot for him, but I don’t know what would be coming back. It won’t be lundell.

Reactions: I Eat Crow

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
yea that’s the thing. They overpaid but it’s not insane

I dont like the years, but he's 28, and its obvious the Rangers are going to try to win the cup with Panarin who has 5 years left so expect the RFAs to be kinda squeezed over the next 5 years and then they'll get paid when/if Panarin, etc leave after their contracts or are traded etc. Then they will be the new core.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
It doesn’t matter who is on Panarin’s wing as long as the top three lines all get relatively equal ES ice time and all of Kakko, Lafreniere and Kravtsov see meaningful PP time. Blackwell on Panarin’s wing is only a problem when your top 2 picks are seeing less than ten minutes of ice. Those days are behind us god willing.
Gallant's history is that he likes to roll four lines. I think you will be seeing a much more equitable distribution of ice time. Coupled with a more equitable distribution of younger and older players on lines.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Buch to Florida is a great fit, would absolutely suck to see him on Barkov's wing.

Not even sure what they would offer. Maybe Denisenko or Tippett and a pick. Nutivaara wouldn't be bad as a 3rd pairing D.

Reactions: Cawlidge Hawkey

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Buch to Florida is a great fit, would absolutely suck to see him on Barkov's wing.

Not even sure what they would offer. Maybe Denisenko or Tippett and a pick. Nutivaara wouldn't be bad as a 3rd pairing D.

Nutivaara doesn't belong on a serious contender.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
If you had to package buch w zac jones to get lundell would you do it?

This isn't an argument about that it shouldn't cost that much and buch is worth x, it is just a yes or no if you do the 2 for 1

Reactions: mas0764

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009

This isn't an argument about that it shouldn't cost that much and buch is worth x, it is just a yes or no if you do the 2 for 1
Yes, but just barely. That’s the absolute maximum I would pay

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

Yeah I would, we need a young center like that, regardless of who we bring in we need more young centers for the "core" later when Laf, Kakko, etc become that right now they are the complimentary players to the "win now" core

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Not sure Florida is looking to move him, but something around Buch for Bennett+ would be interesting

Reactions: Ola

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013

I'd be big time in on this. Wouldn't go past this much more, he seems like the gamble worth taking out there. If you hit the payoff is immense. Will cost you financially at some point, but if there's one thing I've learned in the Cap Era.... don't matter. These guys figure a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad